Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-30-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Smith goes #1 overall. He's my least favorite of the top QB's, so if he goes I could see Glennon or Wilson slipping to what looks to be a top 10 pick for the Jets. Seems like 9th overall is the most likely scenario.

Last edited by derza222 : 12-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. If we waste that early pick on a QB, I will cry. But I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh man. If we waste that early pick on a QB, I will cry. But I wouldn't be surprised.

How much did you like Matt Ryan? Mike Glennon surely is better than him.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
How much did you like Matt Ryan? Mike Glennon surely is better than him.
What? Do you really think that? I guess we'll see lol.

To answer your question, I was a fan of Ryan since his Sophomore season at BC, so I was a fairly large supporter (but I was afraid he was getting a little overhyped when he was drafted so early).

You'll have to show me something to back up your belief that Glennon could be more talented, but right now, I really don't see it. I'll be sure to watch his game tomorrow though.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not much but statistic may be suggestible.

Mike Glennon stats.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...glennon-1.html

Matt Ryan stats.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tt-ryan-1.html
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think there's much of a way around taking a QB in the first round. Maybe they try to trade back into the first, or maybe they stand pat and try to take a Dysert/Nassib/Murray if he enters on day 2. But I'm not sure who trumps the value of a potential franchise QB and will be on the board at 9 at this point. A QB just does more for the team than any other spot by a large margin.

The one exception to this would be if they sign Vick in FA, which probably isn't that unlikley. Other than that, who do they go into the season with as a starter? McElroy? They almost have to draft someone. And frankly it's going to be hard for whoever they draft to be worse than what's currently on the roster.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Damontre Moore enters NFL draft. I still think top 10 is too high for rushing OLB as he will need to prove that he has frame to bulk up for 4-3 DE.

I hope Jets are able to trade down to get extra picks but there is no guarantee he will be available after 11th selection.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Which RB do you feel more comfortable to take for 2nd round?

Eddie Lacy
Mike Gillislee
Stepfan Taylor
Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Which RB do you feel more comfortable to take for 2nd round?

Eddie Lacy
Mike Gillislee
Stepfan Taylor
Gillislee, but I'd take Franklin over all of them.

It's only half, but a very uninspiring performance from Glennon so far. What's more, he doesn't seem to be much of a leader. If this is #1 on everyone's list... yeah, all the more reason to not take a QB in the 1st. Not to mention the fact that there are several teams ahead of us that have QB needs.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, Glennon doesn't look good today. Lots of bad throws. Still flashing traits and doesn't get a lot of help from his offense, but each pick was his fault. Lots of the games I've watched of his were "good" Glennon, this one's been pretty ugly. Probably time to pump the brakes on him a bit.

I still have seen a lot of throws that show me why I liked him. Mechanically I think he can clean a couple of things up, needs to stop throwing off of his back foot so much too. His lack of mobility and decision making could be issues though. And despite this ugly game I still think he's an upgrade for the Jets. Not comfortable with him at 9 at this point after seeing bad Glennon, but interested to see how he does at the Senior Bowl.

Guy I watched recently who could be available day 2 and I was relatively impressed by is Aaron Murray. Going to try to catch some more of him. Like the way he pushes the ball downfield.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I did not watch the game but judging by old games, Glennon liked to throw football rather than holding football when he was under pressure. That is big no no in NFL game. At least he is not a happy trigger like Ryan Lindley.

Tom O'Brien was fired so he did not coach this game as Vandy is a SEC with full coaching.

Also, NCST is not known for hunger so it probably is a why leadership is always in question.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Actually, I asked Mike Glennon to sabotage himself so he could fall onto Jets' first round selection. He actually did it... lol.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

He's got a pretty wide range of where he could land at this point I think. Obviously game tape is going to be huge, but the Senior Bowl will be interesting as well. He could fall to the Jets' fourth round selection too...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

If qb class is that weak, I can see few teams snatch few ones earlier to get over with it. In my eyes, Glennon, Dysert and Nassib are only ones that can play at next level for any duration of NFL play.

I am not sure I can afford to play a wait and see approach on qb, barring trade or FA signing.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

rex burkhead looks good. I want him.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
IL DUCE
Rookie

IL DUCE hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Actually, I asked Mike Glennon to sabotage himself so he could fall onto Jets' first round selection. He actually did it... lol.
That's a gigantic reach, and I will be disgusted with the Jets if they make a move like that. Luckily, it looks like we are looking at great GM candidates so I doubt we'd make a stupid pick like taking Glennon @9 unless he's absolutely lights out throughout the pre-draft process...Geno Smith is the only "sure-fire" 1st round guy and he will go top 5...

Also, common sense would tell you Rex has a year to get his things together...I doubt he'd put it on the back of a rookie QB...I think he'd much rather sign a veteran stop gap, maybe draft a guy in the 2nd-4th rounds, let McElroy and I guess Sanchez compete if he's still here, and put some talent around them...if Rex is fired, then go QB in Round 1 in 2014 or 2015...you only take FRANCHISE QBs in Round 1, why take a Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder or a Jake Locker when you can wait until Round 2 or later and take guys like Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick & Russell Wilson?

I say go 3-4 OLB in the 1st (preferably Damontre Moore)...then I say go pretty much all offense aside from maybe a safety at some point in the draft, but plenty of QBs to choose from in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds like Bray, Nassib, Dysert, Landry Jones, probably Glennon, etc.

Quote:
Damontre Moore enters NFL draft. I still think top 10 is too high for rushing OLB as he will need to prove that he has frame to bulk up for 4-3 DE.

I hope Jets are able to trade down to get extra picks but there is no guarantee he will be available after 11th selection.
and it is a falsehood that he needs to add weight to be a 4-3 DE b/c he played 4-3 end @ Texas A&M this year and then also played 3-4 OLB last year...plus the fact is we run a 3-4 defense so why would he need to play 4-3 end? Pass rushers are the 2nd most valuable position to QBs so top 10 is certainly not too high, esp the desperate situation we have at that position w/ Pace & Thomas both gone...and I assume you say 4-3 scheme assuming Coples can be moved outside...only problem is he excels as an interior pass rusher as he did his junior year at UNC...struggles as 4-3 end, which he was his senior year at UNC so it would be a waste to convert our D to a 4-3...I'd rather have a sure-fire impact rush LB than a 2nd round QB picked 30 picks early

Last edited by IL DUCE : 01-03-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: semantics
IL DUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Rex Ryan style of defense varies and Moore will not survive 4-3 front in NFL level right away. Moore has to play majority of game to worth top 10 pick and Jets don't play 3-4 all the time.

Also, Mike Glennon's jersey number is 8 so taking him will fix Rex Ryan's minor flawed tattoo. lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Looking at where the talent is in the draft and the teams ahead of us, if we stay where we are in the 1st, I think looking at one of the top OT prospects would probably be the best way to go. Of course, I'm sure that would irk many people drafting a RT in the top 10. But then again, I don't think too highly of D'Brick either. Far too early to tell which way to go, though.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Looking at where the talent is in the draft and the teams ahead of us, if we stay where we are in the 1st, I think looking at one of the top OT prospects would probably be the best way to go. Of course, I'm sure that would irk many people drafting a RT in the top 10. But then again, I don't think too highly of D'Brick either. Far too early to tell which way to go, though.

That would be problematic. Ferguson has been above average LT and is committed for 4 more years on hefty contract. Give or Take.

DeAndre Hopkins could be a solid candidate for #9 selection.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
IL DUCE
Rookie

Quote:
Rex Ryan style of defense varies and Moore will not survive 4-3 front in NFL level right away. Moore has to play majority of game to worth top 10 pick and Jets don't play 3-4 all the time.

Also, Mike Glennon's jersey number is 8 so taking him will fix Rex Ryan's minor flawed tattoo. lol.
Dude, we don't play THAT much of legit 4-3...our base is 3-4 which we are in a good amount, and would be in more if we had a stud rush LB and not father time Calvin Pace and his grandfather Bryan Thomas...we are in a nickel w/ a 4 man front a decent amount so maybe that's what you are thinking of, especially when we play the Pats & Bills since they run a lot of spread...we also run the 46 a decent amount...

Damontre Moore has played 4-3 DE all year this year and had 80 tackles 20 TFL and 12.5 sacks prior to the Cotton Bowl that's currently taking place...he also played 3-4 "joker" OLB in the Texas A&M 3-4 D prior to this year...he can play whatever we need him to, but we need to go BPA in the 1st round and pass rushers are strong at the top of the draft and Damontre Moore is the guy to take in my opinion

Btw, I was also begging the Jets all offseason to take Chandler Jones, whose name of course got hotter towards the draft and ended up being a stud for the Pats...didn't mind the Coples pick, but now that we have two top notch 3-4 DEs we need that 3-4 rush LB so our defense can really do it's thing...then the rest of the draft we can worry about offense besides maybe a safety in one of the middle rounds

I just don't see Glennon being worth the 9th overall pick, you compare him to Matt Ryan but Matt Ryan threw 1,000 more yards than him in his final year so I'm not impressed by Glennon...I'd be fine with him in the 2nd, but certainly not the top 10...I still believe since Rex needs to try to win this year they won't draft a QB in the 1st...vet stop gap & maybe a mid round addition

Last edited by IL DUCE : 01-04-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
IL DUCE
Rookie

If anything I'd rather wait until the white Mike Vick (Johnny Manziel) comes out and draft him instead lol
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not much but statistic may be suggestible.

Mike Glennon stats.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...glennon-1.html

Matt Ryan stats.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...tt-ryan-1.html
A stats comparison? How cute.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Well Moore certainly didn't get me interested in him at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL DUCE View Post
If anything I'd rather wait until the white Mike Vick (Johnny Manziel) comes out and draft him instead lol
He's going to be another Tim Tebow, no thanks. There's no way Manziel's production translates to the next level, classic case of having great athleticism for college, but in the nfl there's 280 lb guys that are as athletic as him.

If we're in a position to draft a qb in 2015-16, Kevin Hogan is the guy I want atm
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
IL DUCE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He's going to be another Tim Tebow, no thanks. There's no way Manziel's production translates to the next level, classic case of having great athleticism for college, but in the nfl there's 280 lb guys that are as athletic as him.

If we're in a position to draft a qb in 2015-16, Kevin Hogan is the guy I want atm
Incorrect, Collin Klein is another Tim Tebow...Manziel is on an entirely different level...if you watched the Cotton Bowl last night he throws MUCH better than Tebow, probably not as strong as an arm as Vick but definitely more accurate...and he is WAAAY faster and WAY more shifty than Tebow ever was, he's probably a notch below Vick but he's probably on the same speed level as RG3 or maybe a tiny bit slower...

I do agree though, I like Kevin Hogan and would love for us to take him, and if we get someone like Alex Smith or whoever to fill the gap for a couple of years I'd be 100% on board with Hogan in 2015-16...