Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Offensive Tackles

this looks like a solid group that is only going to get better leading up to the combine. as of now it's looking like sure bets are:

Luke Joeckel
Dallas Thomas
Taylor Lewan
Eric Fisher
DJ Fluker
Justin Pugh
Kyle Long
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas is definitely going to be a Guard. I think Long and Fluker may ultimately end up there too. Taking out Matthews also, weakens this class a lot.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would probably add Lane Johnson of Oklahoma to that list as well.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Thomas is definitely going to be a Guard. I think Long and Fluker may ultimately end up there too. Taking out Matthews also, weakens this class a lot.

I think Fluker will be a very good RT in the pros. He may have trouble with an occasional guy who has the power/speed combo off the edge, but there aren't that many like that. If so, he can a little TE chip help.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
this looks like a solid group that is only going to get better leading up to the combine. as of now it's looking like sure bets are:

Luke Joeckel
Dallas Thomas
Taylor Lewan
Eric Fisher
DJ Fluker
Justin Pugh
Kyle Long

I consider Rodger Saffold a pretty good LT when healthy. Are all these guys (and Lane Johnson) better than Saffold?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
I consider Rodger Saffold a pretty good LT when healthy. Are all these guys (and Lane Johnson) better than Saffold?
No.

Joeckel, Lewan and Fisher are. but I think Saffold is better than the others mentioned.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
And even if Saffold is the answer there you're probably still short a tackle and even a guard.

My guess is where the Rams are picking you're probably looking at Fisher, Fluker and a Chance Womack (g)
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
And even if Saffold is the answer there you're probably still short a tackle and even a guard.

My guess is where the Rams are picking you're probably looking at Fisher, Fluker and a Chance Womack (g)

I'm in as long as you mean Fluker in rd 2.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I would probably add Lane Johnson of Oklahoma to that list as well.
Has done great when lined up across from Damonte Moore.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SomethingAboutFB
Rookie

SomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If we throw in Matthews in there, this could be a top heavy draft with good OTs. The NFL is sorely lacking in good OTs so this crop is coming at a good time
SomethingAboutFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams certainly need O-line help. I would not be sad if they went tackle/tackle or tackle/guard. They also need to address a need at safety and linebacker. Another TE wouldn't hurt, either. Would love for them to get the kid from Stanford if he is available in second round.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This crop of OTs is the deepest I can remember - such amazing quality and depth
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingAboutFB View Post
If we throw in Matthews in there, this could be a top heavy draft with good OTs. The NFL is sorely lacking in good OTs so this crop is coming at a good time
Believe he said he was returning.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is interesting how Matthews situation parallels Tyron Smith. For Smith, he knew entering early was the best option, since Kalil would have been a junior his senior year. It worked out for him, it would have been optimal i guess to have a year of college at LT. Matthews has a year to put up or shut up in college at LT before being thrown to the wolves.

Even without Matthews, I think this could be a really nice tackle draft. I actually think it can be the most top heavy of recent memory, between Loeckel and Lewan. That being said, I would HIGHLY doubt it would match 2008. That draft had the following:

1-1 Jake Long
1-12 Ryan Clady
1-14 Chris Williams (woops)
1-15 brandon Albert
1-17 Gosder Cherilus
1-19 Jeff Otah
1-21 Sam Baker
1-26 Duane Brown
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
I think it is interesting how Matthews situation parallels Tyron Smith. For Smith, he knew entering early was the best option, since Kalil would have been a junior his senior year. It worked out for him, it would have been optimal i guess to have a year of college at LT. Matthews has a year to put up or shut up in college at LT before being thrown to the wolves.

Even without Matthews, I think this could be a really nice tackle draft. I actually think it can be the most top heavy of recent memory, between Loeckel and Lewan. That being said, I would HIGHLY doubt it would match 2008. That draft had the following:

1-1 Jake Long
1-12 Ryan Clady
1-14 Chris Williams (woops)
1-15 brandon Albert
1-17 Gosder Cherilus
1-19 Jeff Otah
1-21 Sam Baker
1-26 Duane Brown

He looked good at OG playing for the Rams late in the year. I hope the Rams can resign him and let coach Beadroux keep working with him.