Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Andy Reid maybe the perfect guy for us. who is better a finding QB talent in the draft? who is better at developing that talent to fit his scheme? who is better turning that talent into wins and extra picks? he is a winner. yes, his message became lost in Philly and i expect that from any coach thats been in 1 place for 14 years. this isn't the same NFL as in decades past. the athletes are different. the fans are different. sometimes, everyone just needs a change of place (face). i thought this exact thing about Vermeil at the end of his time here. it isn't that Dick was a bad coach. its that his players needed something different to put them over the top.

unfortunately, our Chiefs are in no position to think that Reid (using my own words) puts us over the top. we have a lot work to do. a lot of holes to fill. IMO, Andy Reid is better suited to help with our problems than any other coach available. he is a QB guru. this is huge. he sees things in guys that others either don't see or ignore or maybe even overlook. he's also not afraid to take a chance on those guys. Kolb and Foles come to mind. also, look at what he did with Donovan McNabb. Philly fans hated that pick. they wanted Ricky Williams. where would that franchise be right now w/o Reid standing up and making the CORRECT selection? i definitely don't think go to 5 Conference Championship games and 1 SB.

his offensive philosophy still works. he likes using talented RBs and stretching the field with a verticle passing game. he keeps defenses honest and can find and exploit a weakness quickly. (heres a really good 1 Chiefs fans aren't used to) he knows how to make IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS when things are working out well. he doesn't just ram his head into a brickwall, stubbornly assuming he is always right.

look is Andy the perfect coach? No, he has many flaws. however, he maybe the perfect guy available for this football team. i'm with everyone here that thinks he should take a year off. giving him some rest and time to reflect could do wonders for him mentally, physically and emotionally. that just isn't going to happen. maybe this will be his downfall, but he is a coach. he wants a team. he needs players to tutor. what better time than the present to have the pick of the litter? so many teams want him and he can hand pick the team that he wants. The Chiefs would be my choice for him. i hope he feels the same way.

and probably the most important point. if Reid comes, i think Pioli goes.

EDIT: just saw the story about Reid meeting for 9 hours with Clark, Pioli, Donovan and others. i REALLY like where this is going.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 01-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said King Carl. Two questions I have that make me slightly reserved with andy reid: One, is he jumping back into coaching too soon? Was the philly fanbase and team just too much for Andy? Two, is this going to change who we pick at number one? Barkley would be a great west coast option.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys get Reid his guy at QB this year and let him develop him you could be scary. A lot of your surrounding talent is very good and this could be a great place for a young QB to develop. Here's to a new era of KC football:

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Well said King Carl. Two questions I have that make me slightly reserved with andy reid: One, is he jumping back into coaching too soon? Was the philly fanbase and team just too much for Andy? Two, is this going to change who we pick at number one? Barkley would be a great west coast option.
Herm, you ask 2 valid questions. to answer your 1st question, the only way we find that out is if he is an epic fail in KC. obviously, at that point, it is clear he needed time off. if he succeeds here, then no break was needed. either way, it will be a few years down the road before we figure that out.

to the question of QB. i haven't liked many of Reid's QB draft picks. i thought most had a lot of flaws, but he has been a master of harnessing their specific talents to the teams benefit. i'll be honest here. no matter who he picks as his QB @ #1, he gets a pass on my critique. i'm not a Glennon fan, but if Reid wants Glennon, i'm in! i have faith that Reid can take QB X of his choice and make them a productive NFL QB. i don't know why i am giving him such a blind loyalty. maybe its his track record or maybe its just the fact that a real QB guru is DRAFTING a QB for the Chiefs in the 1st round! with the #1 pick, we are giving Reid his choice of EVERY QB in this draft. given the opportunity to hand pick his guy from every draft eligible QB has got to be a big selling point for Clark. and it seems to be a big buying point for Reid.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this gets done tomorrow. If we get Reid, he'll bring some quality coaches with him. My biggest concern? Defensive coordinator. Not loving the idea of switching to the 4-3, and not loving the idea of a Todd Bowles coached defense, but I guess it could be worse, right?

And if Reid is hired, I think Geno Smith is a lock, unless Boyd comes out. Then I think it'll be between one of those two.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Schefter & Mort Reid will NOT meet with the Cardinals and both sides are hoping it's done tommorow

btw...Red looks so good on Reid
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sey-in-demand/

Quote:
Packers director of operations John Dorsey is in demand, in at least two locations. Per a league source, the G.M. position in Kansas City will be his if he wants it ó and if the Chiefs nail down a deal with coach Andy Reid.

That means Scott Pioli would be out, and that Reid would have significant influence over the hiring of a personnel executive who, as owner Clark Hunt said earlier this week, will report directly to the owner along with the head coach.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't take John Dorsey away from the Packers. Thanks.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Pioli has been let go.

I KNEW IT WAS GUNNA BE A GOOD DAY!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Scott Pioli has been let go.

I KNEW IT WAS GUNNA BE A GOOD DAY!
I came here just to see how happy you'd be.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Please don't take John Dorsey away from the Packers. Thanks.
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Again, Green Bay's John Dorsey well positioned to join KC's front office. expect other hires beyond him there. need a contract guy, etc

:( Also read somewhere that his wife works at a KC based law firm but works out of Wisconsin for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I came here just to see how happy you'd be.
I'm pretty stoked right now brosef!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i gotta give Clark his props. we were all scared that maybe he didn't hear us. or maybe he didn't care. however, Clark did a fantastic job. he cleaned house. he targeted a replacement and went out and made it happened. as fans we should remember this in the future. the last 2 times Clark has had to hire someone, he has hit HRs. thanks Clark.

i'm not naive. i know this is about money and golly gee Clark is going to make a TON more money in the next few years with a 1st rd QB, Andy Reid and Pioli gone.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Again, Green Bay's John Dorsey well positioned to join KC's front office. expect other hires beyond him there. need a contract guy, etc

:( Also read somewhere that his wife works at a KC based law firm but works out of Wisconsin for obvious reasons.
I has a sad. :(

Well, if you guys get him, you're getting one hell of a scout. On draft day, this guy was the right-hand man for both Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson. I didn't mind seeing Schneider and McKenzie leave, but this is a big loss.

I'd rather see him go to you guys than to a team like the Jets, though.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i gotta give Clark his props. we were all scared that maybe he didn't hear us. or maybe he didn't care. however, Clark did a fantastic job. he cleaned house. he targeted a replacement and went out and made it happened. as fans we should remember this in the future. the last 2 times Clark has had to hire someone, he has hit HRs. thanks Clark.

i'm not naive. i know this is about money and golly gee Clark is going to make a TON more money in the next few years with a 1st rd QB, Andy Reid and Pioli gone.
Yeah, people want to bash Clark for not being active, etc.. but damn. 2009? Gets the big name free agent GM. 2013? Fires said GM and hires the big name HC prospect. He is doing his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I has a sad. :(

Well, if you guys get him, you're getting one hell of a scout. On draft day, this guy was the right-hand man for both Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson. I didn't mind seeing Schneider and McKenzie leave, but this is a big loss.

I'd rather see him go to you guys than to a team like the Jets, though.
I don't know a lot about Dorsey, but his resume seems impressive.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only did Clark go out and get his man but he went to Philadelphia in-order to jump a head of a few teams to get him.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know a lot about Dorsey, but his resume seems impressive.
Like I said, he's an incredible scout, at the very least. I'm not sure if he's the best in the business, but I'm pretty sure that everybody who's better is already a GM.

There's more to being a GM than just being good at talent evaluation, but Reid has a lot of experience in roster building and he's known Dorsey for a long time so they should be able to work well together.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I know some of us are concerned (not worried) about a potential switch to a 43 defense. This seems more and more likely as rumors come to light. Now, the hot name is Monte Kiffen. Thoughts?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I know some of us are concerned (not worried) about a potential switch to a 43 defense. This seems more and more likely as rumors come to light. Now, the hot name is Monte Kiffen. Thoughts?
I wouldn't like that hire. Not a fan of the 4-3 in general, but I don't like the Tampa 2 at all.

It's pretty ridiculous for me to be against sweeping changes after the team finished 2-14, but I really liked the way our defense was going/being built.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/01/0...r-from-chiefs/

According to Clark Judge of CBS Sports, the Kansas City Chiefs have given new head coach Andy Reid a five-year contract that will pay him top dollar.

Quote:
He [Reid] gains complete authority over the football operations of a team desperate to win, only he gains it with an owner who will stay out of the way and give him what he wants. Clark Hunt got a head start by awarding Reid a five-year contract that, one source indicated, will pay Reid top dollar, with the Chiefsí new coach at or near the top of the NFL salary scale.

In fact, people who should know tell me Kansas City was first on Reidís wish list and was the only place he wanted to go. Granted, there were overtures from Arizona and San Diego, but letís be honest, people: Arizona has ownership concerns, and San Diegoís Dean Spanos has always held fast to his belief in the separation of GM and head coach.

So neither had the opportunity that exists in Kansas City.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Scott Pioli,

**** you, you miserable ****.

Signed,
Staff @ Arrowhead
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaCanfora posted that Reid might hire a younger staff and he might be more hands on with offense.I'll go find article and post it
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't like that hire. Not a fan of the 4-3 in general, but I don't like the Tampa 2 at all.

It's pretty ridiculous for me to be against sweeping changes after the team finished 2-14, but I really liked the way our defense was going/being built.
Yeah, Reid does come into a good siutation where there isn't a huge need to make a lot of changes, especially on defense. He's got a sound line on both sides, a good running back(can we say Westbrook 2.0=J.C), pass rushers(assuming he stays in the 34) a pretty solid secondary. Yes, we got some holes in our roster, but it's hard not to feel good about this move.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Heckert canceled his interview with NYJ...hmmmmm
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Heckert canceled his interview with NYJ...hmmmmm
I've heard that Reid wants both Heckertt and Dorsey on his staff here
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've heard that Reid wants both Heckertt and Dorsey on his staff here
And that might actually be doable.

Dorsey has an impressive resume:
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/jo...d-4d693e8586bd

But not as impressive as his wife:
http://www.polsinelli.com/psexton/

If I read that correctly, she is a partner (shareholder=partner) in one of the biggest law firms in Kansas City (and one of the top 100 in the country). Further, she's a litigator which means she spends a lot of time in court in KC representing clients. That's a very strong argument for jumping to the Chiefs even if it isn't a promotion. Looks to me like she's the primary earner in the family.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 01-05-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote