Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said.

And when he was pressured last night he was awesome.

He's a very rich man's Russell Wilson/Big Ben with Vick's running ability.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A&M has a solid line but pound for pound Bama's is better. Manziel raises the play of the entire team and that is something very valuable to have in your leader. I am not looking forward to at least 2 more years of this kid.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've tried doubting him. He's too short, he doesn't have a great arm, he's a running QB... I don't care anymore. I am impressed. His escapability IN the pocket is second to none. As good or better than Vick, Griffin, anybody. He is so elusive in the pocket. As a runner, he is a nifty and nimble 4.50 guy. He was running away from LBs with ease. The first few times I saw him I liked him but kept thinking he might compare to Colt McCoy. Not even close. He is way more athletic than McCoy. He has a stronger arm too. His accuracy has been simply amazing at times. Dropping passes at the sideline to WRs running 20 yard crosses... on the freaking money with a DB on the guy's back. He had some unbelievable throws last night. The streaks his WRs ran, Manziel threw the ball without setting his feet or really stepping into it, 3/4 delivery like he was flipping the ball from short to first.. on the freaking money... twice! Unbelievable stuff.

I really like Manziel. I know he's short, I know he doesn't have a cannon... He reminds me of a right handed Steve Young. His arm may get stronger (he did launch a 55 yard pass without much arc in the beginning of the game from the middle of the field to just past the hashes-probably 60 yards total distance). I think he might ENOUGH arm to make it. I'm not saying he will be a star in the NFL, but I believe he will be a multi-year starter in the league. If he keeps playing like he has he will be a 1st round pick. He's a better looking prospect physically and accuracy wise than Tebow (arm), Brees (mobility, size and arm strength are similar), and a couple other guys that didn't make it. I expect him to make it in the NFL.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody said, "if Russell Wilson can make it, so can Manziel," and people laughed at him. Manziel is faster, more accurate, an inch or two taller, but doesn't have Wilson's arm. I don't see why this comparison isn't completely valid.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
A&M has a solid line but pound for pound Bama's is better. Manziel raises the play of the entire team and that is something very valuable to have in your leader. I am not looking forward to at least 2 more years of this kid.
A&Ms OT's blow Alabama's out of the water - Bama has the better interior linemen.

That said Manziel is the most dynamic QB I have seen since Vick. His awareness is uncanny, he decision making is very good and his arm is very good especially for what NFL offenses are doing more and more of. He has really taken that team over and become their unquestioned leader - quite an achievement for a RS-Freshman.

Manziel is what everyone at ESPN wanted Denard Robinson to be in terms of pure athletic ability at the position.

I actually wouldn't mind to see him end up in Dallas - that would be Jerry Jones wet dream in terms of marketing and making a ******** of money. Seeing him play against Griffin twice a year in the NFC East would be awesome.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well said.

I don't know about Vick's running ability... he is definitely not as fast or quick, but he is plenty fast and quick, but he is just so instinctive. It's like he's playing the QB position on a game system. He sees absolutely everything. He knows where to cutback to, he sees the defenders when he's running, when he's throwing, he knows where his receivers are. It's like a 16 year old Madden junkie is controlling him from his living room.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please keep him out of the NFC East lol. And how do they blow them out of the water when both teams have future 1st rounders at OT? I'd say it's pretty close.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
A&Ms OT's blow Alabama's out of the water - Bama has the better interior linemen.

That said Manziel is the most dynamic QB I have seen since Vick. His awareness is uncanny, he decision making is very good and his arm is very good especially for what NFL offenses are doing more and more of. He has really taken that team over and become their unquestioned leader - quite an achievement for a RS-Freshman.

Manziel is what everyone at ESPN wanted Denard Robinson to be in terms of pure athletic ability at the position.

I actually wouldn't mind to see him end up in Dallas - that would be Jerry Jones wet dream in terms of marketing and making a ******** of money. Seeing him play against Griffin twice a year in the NFC East would be awesome.
I think when comparing OLs... A&M has more contract money on their line than Alabama. A&M OL doesn't exactly run block well, while Alabama's does, but having two elite OTs, even with average OGs/C, NFL scouts probably like A&Ms line better... but overall, I think Alabama's is as good as any OL, or better, in the country... they just have like 5 potential starting OGs on their line... not sexy but effective in their ground and pound attack.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
You can make that argument about Peyton Manning in Denver, or Tom Brady. Of course if you take away sombody's best teammates around him it will be harder. But what you're suggesting is that Manziel's success has been a result of his OTs....? Seriously? A&M doesn't not have SEC caliber talent on their team at this point. They struggled in the Big 12 and then this guy comes in and elevates the play of everybody around him... without #1 picks at every skill position like so many other successful collegiate QBs ahve had (every USC QB, Tebow, every Alabama QB, LSU QBs). A&M's WRs will be lucky to get drafted by the 4th round. It's Manziel's play that is special, but no, he will struggle more with less protection and weapons, just think back to how Roethlisberger struggled when he played Iowa.
Firstly, where in my post did I even imply that his success is because of the OT play? I'm not taking anything away from the guy here but he is playing on an offense which would have 2 top 10 picks at OT. How many other QBs have had that luxury? What Manziel is doing is great but he is massively helped by his offensive line. And the interior isn't exactly terrible either. That is in no way saying that he is only doing it because of Joeckel and Matthews. In fact, I specifically stated;

Quote:
Still going to have a great year next year but I would temper expectations
Secondly, for a team that doesn't have SEC caliber talent on their team they sure do have a lot of guys who are going to play at a high level on Sundays. Joeckel, Matthews, Swope, Moore, Porter etc All these guys will be drafted within the first 4 rounds and that's just this year.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll believe it when I see it. If he had NFL pass rush coming at him I don't think he'd be able to do half the things he does. That and I think he'd be extremely liable to get seriously injured. He isn't anywhere near as built as Russell Wilson is he needs to hit the weight room and the buffet line.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can make that argument about Peyton Manning in Denver, or Tom Brady. Of course if you take away sombody's best teammates around him it will be harder. But what you're suggesting is that Manziel's success has been a result of his OTs....? Seriously? A&M doesn't not have SEC caliber talent on their team at this point. They struggled in the Big 12 and then this guy comes in and elevates the play of everybody around him... without #1 picks at every skill position like so many other successful collegiate QBs ahve had (every USC QB, Tebow, every Alabama QB, LSU QBs). A&M's WRs will be lucky to get drafted by the 4th round. It's Manziel's play that is special, but no, he will struggle more with less protection and weapons, just think back to how Roethlisberger struggled when he played Iowa.
Maybe this year. Mike Evans is a stud, easily could be a first rounder.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Maybe this year. Mike Evans is a stud, easily could be a first rounder.
Agreed. I was watching Sharrif Floyd against A&M the other day and Evans keeped jumping at me despite me not even paying attention. Great size, natural hands catcher and put up some great numbers and a redshirt freshman

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Please keep him out of the NFC East lol. And how do they blow them out of the water when both teams have future 1st rounders at OT? I'd say it's pretty close.
Eli's heir apparent. let's go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well said.

There is way too much hyperbole in that last line. He does not have the running ability of Michael Vick. He's a good runner, but he isn't Vick. And a very rich man's Big Ben? No.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the award for the biggest over-reaction of the year goes to ... (you guys)

Manziel isn't a form copy of Russell Wilson. He's a form copy of Ty Detmer. Wilson has a better arm, by far. When Manziel loses two of the best tackles in college football, we're going to get to see how good of a passer he really is.

Let's not forget what Sam Bradford looked like at OU behind his beasty OL.

Johnny Manziel is actually what you should be to be an elite (maybe even all time great) college QB. The NFL however is a different beast.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford was a great QB prospect who went first overall and is developing nicely for the Rams...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Manziel #1 overall
Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas will be ready to take him #1 overall in 2015.
I think he'll come out after next year but there is no law the boys can't go after him then. Imagine that show in Dallas, special.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Somebody said, "if Russell Wilson can make it, so can Manziel," and people laughed at him. Manziel is faster, more accurate, an inch or two taller, but doesn't have Wilson's arm. I don't see why this comparison isn't completely valid.
I've stopped doubting him. he's going to get bigger too,they were saying he has huge hands and feet so at his age he could end up a couple of inches taller.

I think his passing accuracy has come a long way. When he squares up he's an impressive thrower.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think he'll come out after next year but there is no law the boys can't go after him then. Imagine that show in Dallas, special.
Quarterbacks almost never come out after their Sophomore years. I suppose he could come out next year, but I'd be surprised.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Quarterbacks almost never come out after their Sophomore years. I suppose he could come out next year, but I'd be surprised.
Michael Vick did... though Manziel doesn't quite have Vick's gifts... though there are certain gifts/skills that Vick never developed (accuracy, field vision as a passer).
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I fell for him last night. He really is a special player.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
And the award for the biggest over-reaction of the year goes to ... (you guys)

Manziel isn't a form copy of Russell Wilson. He's a form copy of Ty Detmer. Wilson has a better arm, by far. When Manziel loses two of the best tackles in college football, we're going to get to see how good of a passer he really is.

Let's not forget what Sam Bradford looked like at OU behind his beasty OL.

Johnny Manziel is actually what you should be to be an elite (maybe even all time great) college QB. The NFL however is a different beast.
The Ty Detmer comparison is so offbase. I heard some analyst say it once during the season and just scratched my head. The way the NFL game is going Manziel should have no issue translating his skillset from the college to pro level. Manziel is superior to Wilson in everything except arm strength andd Manziel isn't exactly a slouch himself. His athletic ability is top notch - Vick was the last player with the running ability, escapability, vision are all amazing. He is quick as a cat and nimble running the ball. He makes smart decisions with the football when throwing.

He is more impressive than Bridgewater, Boyd, Driskel, Mariota or any other QB that will be coming out in the next few years.

He is only 20 years old so I am sure he will still develop some physically - get bigger, stronger. People should be as excited about this guy as they were about Newton and Griffin.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw more translatable plays from Bridgewater. He played a better defense in his game too, one that Manziel really struggled with passing the ball.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I saw more translatable plays from Bridgewater. He played a better defense in his game too, one that Manziel really struggled with passing the ball.
you mean manziel's very first game in his freshman year? what a joke.