Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Do we win when you go?
Don't worry... I'm 2-0 on my way to 3-0!

In 2001 the Packers won 21-20 against Tampa Bay. Allen Rossum actually returned a punt for a TD with 3 min left to win the game. Remember that play well.

In 2002 the Packers won 30-9 against the Redskins. Favre was actually hurt in this game with a knee injury and everyone was fearful he could be done. But I'm sure you know how that turned out. I also remember that play very well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright. Make it 3-0, and then take a trip to San Francisco eh?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings copying Packers fomula? http://packersinsider.com/?p=5105
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

3rd & 7.
3rd & 11.
3rd & 7.

In the first quarter alone last week, Christian Ponder converted on all of those.

It's not easy to pick up 3rd & longs..... the defense pretty much knows you're going to pass. And usually a pass rush comes. It didn't for us, because it seems only Clay Matthews right now has the intensity, will, and desire to get to the QB.
Contrast that to our 1st quarter. We went 3 & out both times to start the game.... while they marched and converted, and scored. That's why we fell down 13-0 early. Those two 3 & outs were the whole quarter for our offense, while they marched, converted, time after time.

We played good defense on 1st & 2nd downs. Just failed on 3rd downs, but as we know, 3rd downs are crucial.

Capers is probably going to dial up more pressure, as we fans want. But with that comes some risk of hitting us with some screens against massive blitzes. And unlike our run blocking on screens, we've seen teams like the Vikings execute their blocks downfield on screens and lead to big plays. We saw one to Toby Gerhart Sunday on us.

Not to mention the game-wnning drive where Ponder had another 3rd & 11 that he picked up throwing it over Casey Hayward.

We need Eric Walden to have a big game rushing the passer on 3rd downs. If not him, Dezman Moses.
I miss Nick Perry. He was a load to handle for some OTs, and all RBs trying to pick him up. Why couldn't we just put a club on his hand and let him come back by now?

http://packersinsider.com/?p=5087
OUR DAMN Defense has to get off the field!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team misses Perry and Bishop. 2 big physical LBers who would have been huge for them vs the run. Brad Jones has been decent but like Hawk both of them aren't physical enough
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are rumblings coming out of the Twins Cities that Joe Webb might be the quarterback we face tomorrow night.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
There are rumblings coming out of the Twins Cities that Joe Webb might be the quarterback we face tomorrow night.
He's better than Spergyn Wynn though.
Anyway, I'll believe that one when I see it LOL.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Ponder is injured?

That would be a nice surprise if true.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I put a small wager on the Peterson Over/Under yards rushing at Bovada.
The number was...... guess.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I put a small wager on the Peterson Over/Under yards rushing at Bovada.
The number was...... guess.
I'd think it'd be placed at 127

Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Ponder is injured?

That would be a nice surprise if true.
He is listed as questionable but I'm not buying it. Seems like some gamesmanship on the part of Frazier. I think he'll start the game, whether he finishes when the elbow takes another hit is another story.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be upset if Ponder was injured. Joe Webb would tear you a new asshole.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote: Gonzo

:)

Ponder was good against our defense last week, I don't know if Joe Webb would do the same. I know i'd much prefer to face Webb.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
He is listed as questionable but I'm not buying it. Seems like some gamesmanship on the part of Frazier. I think he'll start the game, whether he finishes when the elbow takes another hit is another story.

This. Definitely a smoke screen.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Vote: Gonzo

:)

Ponder was good against our defense last week, I don't know if Joe Webb would do the same. I know i'd much prefer to face Webb.
I prefer to face Ponder.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same. Last thing they need is to have to deal with another runner

Plus, Ponder seems to be less than 100%.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Reports coming out indicating it's becoming more likely that Webb starts

Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Pelissero is the guy that I trust the most and he's still guessing that he's going to play, but I am starting to see more on the other side as well. Nothing even close to definitive yet though, it will be interesting.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Tom Pelissero is the guy that I trust the most and he's still guessing that he's going to play, but I am starting to see more on the other side as well. Nothing even close to definitive yet though, it will be interesting.
Webb taking ALL the reps this week has to be a favorable thing for him though. I know Ponder still took "mental reps" but I can't imagine the cold weather does much to aid an arm issue.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Aaron Rodgers vs Joe Webb tonight

Ponder officially inactive

Old 01-05-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

If they can't beat Joe Webb, they never had a shot against the likes of Matt Ryan, Peyton, Brady, etc
Old 01-05-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
If they can't beat Joe Webb, they never had a shot against the likes of Matt Ryan, Peyton, Brady, etc
We haven't played an athletic quarterback like this all season and if the read option is integrated, it'll be interesting to see how our defense handles it.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

that looks like a TD there but it's not worth challenging...regardless of how the challenge plays out, it'd run the risk of leaving us with only one challenge for the remainder of the game

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

nice drive by the offense. i like how we're moving the ball.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win. Your team deserved it, as the Vikings played like ****, but the Pack flat out outplayed them. I would say good luck the rest of the way, but I will be rooting against the Pack next week and should they win that one, every step of the way after that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote