Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just downright bad luck that our season had to end this way. It really is.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This is just downright bad luck that our season had to end this way. It really is.
Looking grim but still not done yet. A touchdown here and a pick or big stop and we are right back in it. I just have no faith in Frazier as a coach. Webb is playing like **** but if he can put it together mentally somehow he has all the ability. AD needs to put the team on his back.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was planning on taking a shot for every Joe Webb completion. Even that sucked.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Webb's play is making Christian Ponder look like an Elite QB. This game is so tough to watch and I feel bad for Adrian since he doesn't even have a chance to run because of our lack of our passing game. I can't be too upset though considering last year we were 3-13 and we turned around to a 10-6 playoff team.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We made the playoffs which was great but this game has just been so awful that I almost don't care. I know it won't happen but we need a new coach. I have been saying since he was hired that Frazier is no good. I just do not see us winning a superbowl with him.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
We made the playoffs which was great but this game has just been so awful that I almost don't care. I know it won't happen but we need a new coach. I have been saying since he was hired that Frazier is no good. I just do not see us winning a superbowl with him.
Really? What did you expect Frazier to do with how Webb played tonight? Add on top of that the 12 men on defense giving the Packers 4 extra points, Sherels muffing a punt, Webb stepping back into a strip sack, and hitting Shields in stride for the pick, about the only player he hit in stride tonight. Webb was flat out ****, and this is what a few of us said when many Vikings fans were clamoring for him to replace Ponder a little over a month ago. I don't know how you can put this loss on Frazier.

As far as I'm concerned, this season was still an extreme success. Coming into the season I felt the Vikings were a 7-9 team and with the way the NFL is, a bounce or two your way and you end up with a couple extra wins, the other way and instead it's a couple extra losses. Most expected worse than that with the most optimistic predictions by the experts putting the Vikings at 6-10, with most saying 5-11 or 4-12. To go 10-6 was impressive and to make the playoffs was gravy. To have Ponder miss this game was bad luck and gave the Vikes no chance. Frazier did a damn good job taking this team from the 3rd worst record in the league to the playoffs with not a whole lot of changes last offseason outside of a damn good draft.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I would not credit Frazier for leading this team to a 10-6 record. I don't blame this loss on him but he is a bottom 10 coach in the league in my opinion. We win in spite of him.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would not credit Frazier for leading this team to a 10-6 record. I don't blame this loss on him but he is a bottom 10 coach in the league in my opinion. We win in spite of him.
Really? How can you say that? He's not Childress. How has he cost this team or forced them to win in spite of him?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Really? How can you say that? He's not Childress. How has he cost this team or forced them to win in spite of him?
Well last year the team underperformed. This year Adrian Peterson carried the team to the playoffs. Just not sure how you are giving him credit for the Vikings making the playoffs. I have never seen anything from him that leads me to believe he is a good coach. I knew we were essentially done at half not just because of Webb but because he is not able to make adjustments.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Well last year the team underperformed. This year Adrian Peterson carried the team to the playoffs. Just not sure how you are giving him credit for the Vikings making the playoffs. I have never seen anything from him that leads me to believe he is a good coach. I knew we were essentially done at half not just because of Webb but because he is not able to make adjustments.
Whatever. I agree the team underperformed last year, and I don't care to argue this because it's pointless, and I'm heading out soon to start drinking. As far as I'm concerned, coaches along with QBs get way too much credit when a team is doing well and way too much blame when they're doing poorly in most circumstances, but I don't see how this team won in spite of him as you said.

Anyways, SKOL VIKES! Here's to a strong offseason and an even better season next year!

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Whatever. I agree the team underperformed last year, and I don't care to argue this because it's pointless, and I'm heading out soon to start drinking. As far as I'm concerned, coaches along with QBs get way too much credit when a team is doing well and way too much blame when they're doing poorly in most circumstances, but I don't see how this team won in spite of him as you said.

Anyways, SKOL VIKES! Here's to a strong offseason and an even better season next year!
Enjoy the drinking but you claim coaches get way to much credit and proceed to give Leslie Frazier way to much credit. Just saying. I am probably being to hard on him but I don't think anyone can really say he is a good coach.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Enjoy the drinking but you claim coaches get way to much credit and proceed to give Leslie Frazier way to much credit. Just saying. I am probably being to hard on him but I don't think anyone can really say he is a good coach.
Sorry to continue this, but where did I say he was a good coach? I'm simply saying that he's not nearly as bad as you're saying and that it wasn't in spite of him that this team won games.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts:

- I think it is safe to say any of the "Joe Webb should start" people have been shut up for good, Webb was flat out dogshit throwing the ball.
- Why did the Vikings get away from running the read option with Webb-Peterson after the first successful drive with it? The only Webb was going to be successful was as a runner and after the first drive they treated Webb like he was a straight-up pocket passer (Which is just asking for trouble).
- All in all, I don't think the defense played too bad. Green Bay is too good on offense not to move the ball and score, but if you told me before the game that they would score 24 points, I would have felt this would've been a game the Vikings could win.
- Sucks that the season ended that abruptly and ugly to a division rival, but it is what it is. Team needs to move forward and have another good draft and try to get a few more playmakers like they got out of this year's draft.
- Titty sprinkles. Just wanted to say that.

Last edited by the_legend_killer : 01-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go again gentlemen: The Vikings Super Bowl Week is here again.

Take the Vikings + the points.
Rodgers has NOBODY besides Jordyzzz to throw to.
Defense will keep a safety over the top of him, and focus on stopping Eddie Lacy.

DEs will get a jump on our 2nd string OTs because of the loud noise, and will pressure Rodgers heavily.
No Finley, no Cobb, no Jones, no more Jennings or Driver...... I smell trouble. This will be a battle.

Whichever way the bad calls by the zebras go, that team could win.

Remember, Ponder has had 2 good games there vs the Packers, including one big win, and that was not with Jennings or Cor-Darrel.

Our special teams coverages are atrocious, so I wouldn't be surprised to see either a KR or PR come back to the house.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go away.

asdfsdafdas
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Go away.

asdfsdafdas
Was that for me, or Frazier?
Yo?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you.
sadlfkjsdklfjklsd
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol. I think we'll see a better effort from the Vikings than we have the past two weeks (Not saying much, but still). But I still see Green Bay winning, 27-17ish.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Lol. I think we'll see a better effort from the Vikings than we have the past two weeks (Not saying much, but still). But I still see Green Bay winning, 27-17ish.

Agreed. If this team has any pride they'll come out stronger than they did last week. If not, then I guess let's start debating whether we want Mariota or Teddy.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's very telling how bad the Vikings are when the Packers are missing three of their top four targets and are still favored by nine points on the road.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

It sure is. Pretty sure I'd take Josh Sitton on my fantasy team running routes if Josh Robinson was matched up on him.