Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I love you scotty, but in the last forum mock you took Ryan Wagner with the 18th pick. The mock going on now is in the middle of Round 3 and nobody has taken him yet. :D

Giants fans, don't let him take over! haha.
It was Ricky Wagner and it was months ago when he was considered one of the top 3 OTs in the draft. Obviously things have changed since then.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Better than the ****** UConn player you would have took I'm sure.
I don't overrated UConn players. I perfectly accept that UConn is crap.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't overrated UConn players. I perfectly accept that UConn is crap.
The team as a whole has major problems at times but you can't deny that the players we have are NFL ready. Scotty and I have never pimped anyone up who totally busted in the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should have a rule if you win a SB you get an automatic bid to defend. LOL. It's shocking to not be playing. I don't know what to do. What a stupid team and can't get their head of their butts!

Now I have to wait until the draft and FA.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I actually think Fewell will somewhat reinvent his philosophy in the offseason.

I think Perry Fewell will make adjusments to his schemes including some more aggressive elements to the repetoire. He has relied on the line to get to the quarterback, but I think he will include more blitzing. We saw a little of that late in the season, but comprehensive blitz packages will take an offseason to install.

We will still have the same core, but will also have more aggressive options in his bag of tricks.
I think this is wishful thinking on your part. Our defense actually was worse when we blitzed this past year than when we rushed 4. Statistically, we're a worse blitzing defense than a 4 man rush defense.

Fewell will use that ammo to stick to his gameplan.

The problem is, instead of looking at himself and realizing that he draws up terrible blitzes with no disguise or originality, he'll simply blame it on the players and stick to what he loves to do, which is rush 4 and play Cover 2 on the backend.

Now to be fair to Fewell, our secondary and LB core was awful this year. Much of this problem was talent. Our CBs outside of Prince played terribly all season long, and our LBs can't cover outside of Boley and Williams, but even Boley lost a step.

So Fewell was in a bind all season long. As much as I hate Fewell, I blame the players more than Fewell for our defensive output this season. We simply didn't have much talent on defense. Big names, but no substance behind those names.

We need to replenish this defense this offseason with a lot of talent. We need another CB, hope and pray Hoseley can handle the slot in his sophomore season, we need to sign back Kenny to shore up our safeties and deep ball defense, we need 2 more linebackers, and we need a DE and DT to shore up the front.

We're a soft defense in the middle of the field. Soft at DT, and soft at LB, and without Kenny, soft at S. The middle of the field is our weakness, and has been for YEARS. This is a problem that must be resolved if you want to be an elite defense.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want the Giants to make the SB next year, when it's played at the Metlife Stadium. It would be awesome to have "home-field advantage" in the SB!

So we better fix this team up to be a true contender this offseason.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The team as a whole has major problems at times but you can't deny that the players we have are NFL ready. Scotty and I have never pimped anyone up who totally busted in the NFL.
Totally busted isn't a fair measurement. Although I'd say Kenny Britt is a pretty huge bust. Despite the initial hype, McCourty is been pretty disappointing for New England, so much that they had to move him to safety. Brian Leonard isn't that good. Anthony Davis hasn't lived up to where he was picked either. Arguably one of the weaker links on the 49ers line.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, am I the only one who forgot that Marvin Austin is even on the team? He was healthy this season yet even with our severe lack of depth and injuries at DT he didn't sniff the field.

I hated that draft pick when it was made, and he's turning into the bust I thought he'd be.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I always do. LOL. Even JJ at WR, until he played special teams I forgot about him too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, I thought the Austin pick was solid because of his upside but clearly he sucks. I can't really say we missed on Geno Atkins because EVERY team missed on him for three rounds, but I was a big Atkins fan too.

Oh well, sometimes you swing for a home run and miss. I felt is was a luxury pick that Reese doesn't normally make.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Btw, am I the only one who forgot that Marvin Austin is even on the team? He was healthy this season yet even with our severe lack of depth and injuries at DT he didn't sniff the field.

I hated that draft pick when it was made, and he's turning into the bust I thought he'd be.
I remember you pimping Geno Atkins that year, telling everyone in our thread at least that he was going to become a beast. You called that one! Imagine if we had a D-line of JPP/Osi-Linval-Geno-Tuck/JPP my god we would be beastly if the old guys decided to show up!!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Reese has mentioned the possibility of moving Terrell Thomas to safety if he successfully comes back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-thomas-switch
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Totally busted isn't a fair measurement. Although I'd say Kenny Britt is a pretty huge bust. Despite the initial hype, McCourty is been pretty disappointing for New England, so much that they had to move him to safety. Brian Leonard isn't that good. Anthony Davis hasn't lived up to where he was picked either. Arguably one of the weaker links on the 49ers line.
Huh? Davis was amazing this year. Should have been a Pro Bowler. Britt has the talent but yes injuries and his stupidity has derailed him so I can give you that but I think he does well next year. I never pimped Leonard because I didn't think a team would use him right which is what happened in STL. McCourty was a PB rookie and had a soph slump. This year at S he was very good and his brother is as well. You're such a hater. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah forenci, you didn't exactly have the best of arguments on that one haha.

I pimped Leonard. I'll admit it. He was my big miss, but it's not like he's out of football. He was also like our savior of the program and has a soft spot in the hearts of all rutgers fans so that's a bit of a pass.

Zak and I have been right WAY more than we've been wrong about our RU guys. You think people would realize that by now.

PS. I also pimped Justin Francis as a rotational 3-4 guy. and oh. He's exactly that in New England. Boomtown. One of my better hits I do say so myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Huh? Davis was amazing this year. Should have been a Pro Bowler. Britt has the talent but yes injuries and his stupidity has derailed him so I can give you that but I think he does well next year. I never pimped Leonard because I didn't think a team would use him right which is what happened in STL. McCourty was a PB rookie and had a soph slump. This year at S he was very good and his brother is as well. You're such a hater. :)
Davis gave up 10 sacks this year. For comparison, Will Beatty gave up 3 sacks.

And if you're talented a team will use you. Leonard just sucks. McCourty wasn't that special at safety, especially because he was a part of one of the leagues worst passing defenses.

I'm not that big of a hater really. I joke around about the whole UConn/Rutgers rivalry but honestly I'm not really a big college football fan so it doesn't mean too much to me.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Will Beatty has turned into a damn sexy pass blocker now that he's finally put together a healthy season.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't call Beatty a beast...he just doesn't suck anymore. He still leaves a lot to be desired as a road grader and he's good but not spectacular as a pass protector.

Eli makes our OL look 10 billion times better than it is bc Eli is Eli. Sack numbers are misleading, Eli was one of the least sacked qbs this season bc of how quickly he can read a defense, his pocket presence, and how he gets the ball out.

I want a LG that's a road grader next to Beatty, I think that's actually a bigger priority than RT. I think we if we can find another Sean Locklear type at RT we could be ok there, but we need a LG.

Boothe is serviceable, but we need a LG who can pave holes for the run game. right now we struggle running to our left, and that's a problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I remember you pimping Geno Atkins that year, telling everyone in our thread at least that he was going to become a beast. You called that one! Imagine if we had a D-line of JPP/Osi-Linval-Geno-Tuck/JPP my god we would be beastly if the old guys decided to show up!!
Geno :( The one that got away.

To be fair I've had plenty of misses myself so I can't complain with the job that Reese has done.

But dammit Reese get us some linebackers. Our scouting department does a terrible job of scouting linebackers.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, I don't think we've done THAT poorly considering we haven't taken a linebacker above the fourth round in his tenure.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And that's the problem. I'm not asking necessarily for a 1st round guy, but dammit Reese, at least hook me up with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd!

Look at all the great LBs that came out in this last draft in the 2nd round. We got none of them.

Wagner
Lavonte David
Kendricks
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait till we take Khaseem Greene round 2 this year :)

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Just wait till we take Khaseem Greene round 2 this year :)
I know I said it before and you guys called me a homer but I'm really doubting he'll be there by our 2nd pick in all seriousness. Him and Arthur Brown's stock are just on the rise right now and I don't see the offseason and workouts dropping them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While it'd be nice to get a LB, I still want a new exciting DE, DT, CB and OG more.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am looking at the quality of talent in the offensive line and defensive front seven.

I think there is a shot that Teo is available when we pick in the first and a decent chance the top DEs and OT are gone. I think that unless Teo has amazing workouts (which Kuechly did) he is going to slip as teams load up on premium positons.

Given the depth this year, we should be able to get DE and LB help anywhere in the top three rounds.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I mean, I don't think we've done THAT poorly considering we haven't taken a linebacker above the fourth round in his tenure.
Assuming you exclude Clint Sintim (2nd/2009) and Gerris Wilkinson (3rd/2006).

I guess technically Wilkinson was drafted in the last year of Accorsi's tenure, but Reese was head of scouting and was being groomed to take over.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-06-2013 at 03:55 PM.