Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems likely now that we will hire an offensive HC and be able to keep Horton as DC

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Umm yes I am...what are you debating?
He may be good, but I don't think the best. Ray Tanner has easily been the best coach in college baseball these past few years, although I guess he now has to be technically disqualified for taking the AD position. Even so, I'd still take the likes of Mike Martin, Kevin O'Sullivan, Augie Garrido, Mike Fox before him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
He may be good, but I don't think the best. Ray Tanner has easily been the best coach in college baseball these past few years, although I guess he now has to be technically disqualified for taking the AD position. Even so, I'd still take the likes of Mike Martin, Kevin O'Sullivan, Augie Garrido, Mike Fox before him.
Arguably was the key word. He worked under Augie forever and learned under him. For him to make that program that good, this fast is not an easy task. The pacific northwest isn't a prime place to play on the diamond in most people's eyes.

I like Tanner, Martin and O'Sullivan are good. I think Augie is a piece of **** to be honest. I also like Savage at UCLA. But George Horton is right up there at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Seems likely now that we will hire an offensive HC and be able to keep Horton as DC
If I was Horton I would bounce. IMO hes too good to just be a Rooney rule guy, hes good enough to be a HC and it would be a slap in the face to me if I was him and they hired someone else (and then ask him to stay in the process).

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you rather have no job than being a DC in the NFL?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
you rather have no job than being a DC in the NFL?
You dont think he would get another DC job in about 10 minutes? C'mon man.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

you aren't allowed to move horizontally in the NFL would have to buy his own contract out and go to college

Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you aren't allowed to move horizontally in the NFL would have to buy his own contract out and go to college
I've never heard of this. What's the deal with HC's doing this then?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I've never heard of this. What's the deal with HC's doing this then?
they get fired first.

I think assistants are under contract till they get fired, by new HC.

sometimes owners can everyone.

Owners would lose money if they let everyone walk, that is why sometimes lesser guys stay with team, even with coaching changes.

Horton might be fired, maybe he won't.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Adam Schefter, Chip Kelly is staying in Oregon.

Either a smart move or a bold one, depending on what the NCAA does in light of the Willie Lyles saga.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Per Adam Schefter, Chip Kelly is staying in Oregon.

Either a smart move or a bold one, depending on what the NCAA does in light of the Willie Lyles saga.
Very surprising. As long as they don't get sanctions, I think the Ducks are the favorites for the chsmpionship along with (insert SEC team) now that he's coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
they get fired first.

I think assistants are under contract till they get fired, by new HC.

sometimes owners can everyone.

Owners would lose money if they let everyone walk, that is why sometimes lesser guys stay with team, even with coaching changes.

Horton might be fired, maybe he won't.
I can imagine that if Horton really does want out, he will get out. Not sure that'd be a smart career move however, forcing his way out, so he may be screwed either way.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kelley is smart start at the College level to become a great college coach when he retires or stops coaching. His offense wouldn't work in the NFL. Maybe for a few years but not long term. Oregon just wouldn't be the same with out him there.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kelly is a moron. 2 years in a row he does this. Only this time he actively pursued te nfl. Kudos to the browns for blowing him off not waiting on him.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

**** Chip....bring on Gus Bradley.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far...

Chiefs- Reid
Bills- Marrone

Cardinals- Vacant
Browns- Vacant
Bears- Vacant
Eagles- Vacant
Chargers- Vacant

I like Ray Horton, Jay Gruden, and Greg Roman for some of these spots. I've also heard Bruce Arians and Marc Trestman's name linked with 1 or 2 teams....

Also expect the Jags to fire Mularkey once they get a GM. Surprised the Titans and Panthers didn't fire their HC's. Titans and Panthers are on the hot seat next year, alongside the Jets (is Rex even safe if Gamble gets the GM job?), Raiders, and Cowboys.

Really surprised Jon Gruden hasn't come as a viable candidate. Seems like there were a lot of rumors. Looks like Gruden, Billick, and Cowher will be staying put in their media jobs for a long while. Dungy too, but i never thought Dungy would come back.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-06-2013 at 10:17 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You dont think he would get another DC job in about 10 minutes? C'mon man.
He's still under contract to the Cardinals. They didn't fire him when they fired Whisenhunt.

It's a little like what the Bears did when they fired Lovie, but they went one step further, even. The Bears only fired Lovie. Every single member of his coaching staff is still theirs until they hire a new coach and he decides which ones he wants to hang onto...even Mike friggin' Tice!

They can't just quit and go to another team any more than Larry Fitzgerald can.

They can do such crappy jobs that they get fired in the offseason, but then who's going to want them?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Gus Bradley for HC, bring in Norv to run the O and **** it, lets bring in Raheem to run the D.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The iggles will sign Lovie and like it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
No interview lined up yet, but ya never know I suppose.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Wouldn't mind this in the slightest. Hopefully, he would bring alongside him a competent offensive coordinator, but I would like the toughness he could bring to the defense.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Hopefully, he would bring alongside him a competent offensive coordinator
Ha! Terry Shea, Ron Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Tice
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Ha! Terry Shea, Ron Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Tice
Norv wants to work with him.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Norv wants to work with him.
After he fired his brother?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
After he fired his brother?
Yep...Sure does.

Quote: