Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-05-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That mini feud with Jeff Hardy was the best feud of the last several years minus Shawn/Jericho in 2008.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That mini feud with Jeff Hardy was the best feud of the last several years minus Shawn/Jericho in 2008.
That's cool and all, but it doesn't have much to do with what the OP said, which is that Punk wasn't nearly at the level he is now. That's unquestionably true.

Again, it's the difference between being over in the internet community and being a legitimate star. It's not even close to the same thing. In 2009 they started to do some big things with Punk (giving him the strap, letting him headline some PPVs), but he wasn't where he is now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 01-05-2013 at 04:25 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Case in point. Thank you bearsfan but I don't disagree with you Brodeur. Like he's said himself, Punk has always been one of the top workers in the company since he got here but just because he's been a top worker doesn't mean his status reflects that. They thought so much of him in 2008-09 that they did throw the title on him but he was a place holder. They took the title off of him after a couple of months because they wanted it involved with Jericho/Orton/Edge so they had Legacy attack him and force him to relinquish it. There is no chance in Hell that that would ever take place now because of where he is in the company, how good he is and how he's ascended to another level. He's always been one of the, if not the best workers in the business but it wasn't until these past couple of years that his status and level in the company reflected that. There is no denying though that he accomplished a good amount in that year though (08-09)
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
CM Punk’s “Best in the World” DVD can now be streamed on Netflix.

Was pretty awesome. I highly recommend watching it.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was really good, but Punk comes off really mixed in it. I can both see how he could be a really good dude to hang around, and an insufferable ass. Wished they had added some matches to it. I've been watching the 3-disc Macho Man series and some of those matches are a treat.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It was really good, but Punk comes off really mixed in it. I can both see how he could be a really good dude to hang around, and an insufferable ass. Wished they had added some matches to it.
Ya, I'm not sure if I would like him or hate him in real life. I don't think he goes out of his way to be an ass he just is who he is and you can take it or leave it.

I think the actual DVD does have matches on it.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've gathered about Punk from interviews and such is that he's cool, but if someone is acting like a jackass, he'll be a jackass back at them. His tolerance for ignorant people seems to be very low though.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
From what I've gathered about Punk from interviews and such is that he's cool, but if someone is acting like a jackass, he'll be a jackass back at them. His tolerance for ignorant people seems to be very low though.
It's not just that; his sense that he's better than everyone is offputting after a while. There's a part where he's just burying Miz because Miz got the spot at Wrestlemania and he didn't. While I get that he would be pissed about that, he basically ran Miz down for two minutes, even though Miz apparently did nothing to him other than be promoted.

He's just deeply bitter and entitled, which is sad because seemingly 99% of wrestlers are that way.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 Cesaro <3
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your arms are just too short to box with God.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid TLC WWE title match and it's clear that Rock/Punk have more chemistry than Rock/Cena did.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#knees2faces
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can appreciate the segment from last night but shot calling another "pipe bomb" was cheesy and forced. And it was nowhere near the original because of it. The content wasn't as amazing but it's a new direction and in that regard it was some pretty great stuff, calling out fans for falling in love with lines like sheep is a stellar angle when heading into a program with The Rock.
And then the Rock playing into it, knowing absolutely the power he has, labeling Punk as something called a "cookiepuss."

Overall it was a great segment by two of the best out there.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Some great back and forth between Punk and Rock. The Cena and Ziggy match was pretty good to besides the end.

Tyson Kidd > Lil Jimmy
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shield interfering -- what a shock. I was hoping that wasn't going to happen, but I knew it was. At least the lights going out was cool. But who was supposed to have hit the light switch? I'm guessing Brad Maddox.

Some of Punk's tirade seemed to have got a little shooty -- namely Little Jimmy being more over than Tyson Kidd, and Brodus Clay shuckin and jivin. Of course the ugly children comment was a work, and very funny.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Some great back and forth between Punk and Rock. The Cena and Ziggy match was pretty good to besides the end.

Tyson Kidd > Lil Jimmy
WWE refuses to let the golden child lose a legit match to the clearly better competitor. It pisses me off.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WWE refuses to let the golden child lose a legit match to the clearly better competitor. It pisses me off.
It was like that in the Hulk Hogan era too. The only time he lost fair was to the Ultimate Warrior, who was the only big star that was as limited in skill as Hogan.

Speaking of Hogan, his daughter Brooke is a way, way better actress than A.J. Lee, who's flat out brutal (even by wrestling acting standards).

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 01-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I hope Tyson Kidd is revealed as Little Jimmy.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any way they let the rock win the title at royal rumble?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Is there any way they let the rock win the title at royal rumble?
Is there any way they don't? I think it's a given.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Is there any way they don't? I think it's a given.
Well why would they give the title to a less than part time guy?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Speaking of Hogan, his daughter Brooke is a way, way better actress than A.J. Lee, who's flat out brutal (even by wrestling acting standards).
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Well why would they give the title to a less than part time guy?
Because they are building to Wrestlemania. The Rock will be fulltime for the next three months; that has already been confirmed.

I would be shocked if Rock doesn't go into Wrestlemania as the champ. The question is really only if it's versus Cena or Punk (money is on Cena)

Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Cena/Rock will be a good match, I just don't care to see it again. Supposedly they want to do HHH/Brock again too.. Damn rematches.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Because they are building to Wrestlemania. The Rock will be fulltime for the next three months; that has already been confirmed.

I would be shocked if Rock doesn't go into Wrestlemania as the champ. The question is really only if it's versus Cena or Punk (money is on Cena)

Thank you missed it was confirmed he's full time for 3 months.