Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BigRob
Rookie

BigRob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mr. Stiller, you can color me wrong about the Steeler and Anthony Spencer:

Quote:
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 4 p.m.

* Well, well, well. Just when you write a story wondering about the guy, he shows up. The Steelers hosted Purdue defensive end Anthony Spencer at their South Side practice facility on Monday. To read more about Spencer and the other Monday visitor, look here.

MONDAY, APRIL 16, 6:25 p.m.

* Scout.com's Adam Caplan is reporting that Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye visited the Steelers' offices.
BigRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
Mr. Stiller, you can color me wrong about the Steeler and Anthony Spencer:

Quote:
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 4 p.m.

* Well, well, well. Just when you write a story wondering about the guy, he shows up. The Steelers hosted Purdue defensive end Anthony Spencer at their South Side practice facility on Monday. To read more about Spencer and the other Monday visitor, look here.

MONDAY, APRIL 16, 6:25 p.m.

* Scout.com's Adam Caplan is reporting that Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye visited the Steelers' offices.
Color you wrong? All I was saying is you said we weren't even "Sniffing in his direction", I showed otherwise.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Color you wrong? All I was saying is you said we weren't even "Sniffing in his direction", I showed otherwise.
haha thats exactly what i thought. color you wrong??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
haha thats exactly what i thought. color you wrong??
I think he meant it as...

"Mr Stiller, You can now say I was wrong".

I heard the saying before but it didn't click.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BigRob
Rookie

Quote:
I think he meant it as...

"Mr Stiller, You can now say I was wrong".

I heard the saying before but it didn't click.
Exactly, I can admit when I am wrong. I still don't like him at 15.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that must be a northern saying. i've never heard that. and i agree i don't like him at 15.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Woah! I don't either... Spencer is either a #27 in round 1 or a trade up in rd 2 for me. I Wouldn't take him earlier than #27 period.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BigRob
Rookie

Quote:
Woah! I don't either... Spencer is either a #27 in round 1 or a trade up in rd 2 for me. I Wouldn't take him earlier than #27 period.
I could live with that.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I could live with that.
That explains the miscommunication. I'd Take Spencer in the 25-29 range at the earliest.

If we're stuck at #15...

I'm Looking at Anderson, Revis, Harrell, Branch, Carriker, Houston, Lynch.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
That explains the miscommunication. I'd Take Spencer in the 25-29 range at the earliest.

If we're stuck at #15...

I'm Looking at Anderson, Revis, Harrell, Branch, Carriker, Houston, Lynch.
Harrell. Really?? at 15??

Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

harrell may be a better pick than branch will be
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BigRob
Rookie

Harrell is the only name I would remove from there at 15. He hasn't done enough to warrant a pick at 15.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
harrell may be a better pick than branch will be

Harrell moving to #15 range is proof of 2 things

1) How a bad work ethic/laziness will drop you (Branch)
2) how a nonstop motor and versatility can get you overdrafted... (34DE/43UT)

Right now it's up in the air.

I could realistically see a few things Depending on who Colbert/Tomlin really want to appease on their staff.

Mitchell/Butler don't need high draft picks because they're great coaches.

Personally.. I wouldn't be surprised to see our day 1 be like this:

1) Staley or Anderson
2) Sears/ Best WR (Jarrett, Smith, Hill)
3) Ramirez/Alleman/Best WR

We could upgrade offense on all of day 1. Day 2 could be devoted to defense.