Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not debating the fact that we know how to pick 'em, but tell me honestly that all those guys have not been "pleasant surprises".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This will be a very good trade when we look at it a few years from now. Mark my words.
admittedly actually still a bit early but the move as a whole must be looking really suspect by now for the exact reasons that i named way back when. Ingram has no business playing in the saints offense.

Also think the wrong decisions were made in this offseason to be honest, getting nicks back was paramount, same to a lesser extend of porter

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch we'll trade Ingram and he'll go on to be a stud Running back some where else, rushing for 100+ every week. Like Ricky Williams, and Reggie Bush have gone on to do for the Dolphins.

I actually don't mind losing Porter. Yes it hurt our depth the first few weeks with Jabari and Patrick Robinson banged up, but Tracy had the same problem he was always battling some kind of injury at some point in the season, and after the '09 season he wasn't really the same playmaker. I think Greer, Robinson, Patrick, White will be a decent CB lineup for us.

Now Nicks on the other hand, losing him hurts. Grubbs hasn't been bad from what I've noticed, but with Nicks he just brings a whole other level of physical intimidation on the line. When you plug him on the Line every other O-line position improves, he really helped Bushrod, and De La Puenta in combo blocks in the run game, and was a better pass protector than given credit for.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: Since this is a draft thread, I want to ask a draft-related question.

I realize that the season is only six weeks old and there is plenty of possibility that the Saints will improve upon their horrible record, but at this point, are there any players that you would want New Orleans to target in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 10-16-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would really want warmack but with grubbs and evans both long term thats not gonna happen sadly. (basically i would want the oline to go back to where it was with insanely dominant guards). With that not being an option i would love some physical leaders on defense. Teo would meet everything we need but mlb seems to be covered so unless we swith to a 34 he wouldnt make sense. basically i want the best DT or DB that is left on the board

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Question: Since this is a draft thread, I want to ask a draft-related question.

I realize that the season is only six weeks old and there is plenty of possibility that the Saints will improve upon their horrible record, but at this point, are there any players that you would want New Orleans to target in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft?
Has to be a pass rushing DE. We have been applying crap for pressure to opposing QB's

Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

when looking at next years draft i would LOVE to get a mid round TE as well. 2 years ago the offense really clicked really well when the offense started using 2TE sets where both TE's clipped the DEnds in the passing game, resulted in great passpro and still having decent enough receiving options. If we could nab a guy like Fauria(or preferable CJ Fiedorowicz if he declares) in the fourth i think it would be a relatively inexpensive way to really help the team a good bit.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Just to get the discussion flowing, what FA's would you like to see us get in addition to our draft picks?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

dont think we have much spending room, if we dont get it in the draft id like a second receiving TE of some sort, DT depth of some sort and i want to finally do something about harper, get quddus starting, thatd be an upgrade already.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

since last year didnt really count and both the years before that the saints drafted the guy that i absolutely killed people for if they put them in saints mock drafts (PRob and Ingram) because i still think both picks were absolute signs of outright failure by the FO.

Here are three picks that would make me absolutely rage if the saints spend a first rounder on.
1 Dion Jordan, the guy has shown nothing whatsoever on the field, plays soft and isnt even the best passrusher on his own team, can pin his ears back every down because they always play with a 20+ point lead but barely has any production whatsoever. I wouldnt want him with our third rounder because i think that would be too high for him so having him slotted to us as a first rounder would make me rage.

2 DJ Fluker just doesnt have the feet to be anything but a mauling RT in the rungame. Bad fit for our offense besides, why the hell would one draft a RT high first round, least valuable position on the oline in our system.

3 Kiki Mingo just is a pure pass rusher and hasnt shown any signs hell be able to hold up in a pro rungame, i wouldnt be able to stomach spending a high first round pick on a guy who should only be on the field about 30% of the time.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Again, to get some conversations on the topic underaway -

1. Who do you see us not resigning?
2. What FA's, if any, do you hope we go after?
3. What are your hopes for the draft?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Again, to get some conversations on the topic underaway -

1. Who do you see us not resigning?
2. What FA's, if any, do you hope we go after?
3. What are your hopes for the draft?
ill stay away from the FA but i think its time to let willie smith go, possibly vilma and hopefully harper.

with regards to the draft i only recently started realizing that the saints have flat out sucked at drafting the last few years, mainly high in the draft.

lets disregard the last draft because its flat out too early.

2011: Cam Jordan (early but one of our better starters), Ingram (#3 rb, should prolly be #4, pick still makes me rage, not even a bad player but doesnt work on this team), Tez Wilson (roster filler, doesnt bring much at all), Johnny Patrick (sucks but he does play), Romeus and Bussey are 7th rounders but who know, Romeus might actually one day in the distant future contribute.

2010: P Robinson (sucks), Charles Brown (sucks), Jimmah (great TE), rest blows

2009: Jenkins still isnt great, not bad but not a quality starter, a starter though, morstead is great, those 2 fourth round picks out of wake have never done anything

2008: One big hit with Carl Nicks and two decent (Porter & Ellis) the rest never did anything

2007: Maechem was the only one who prolly still is in the nfl, ouch

Basically were already busy trying to draft the replacements for the guys we chose in these years. The FO is great with UDFAs, decent in free agency but the amount of whiffs (or mainly the amount of guys who never become good but do just make the starting lineup) on early round picks is just too damn big

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...5&#post3229885

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55048

Your thoughts.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, that's too much to move up 5 spots when Shelden Richardson was right there waiting at #15

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Who asked you anyway!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...teelers-123112

if we passed on damontre moore i would punch a baby

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

I generally hate moving up but damontre moore is the top player in the whole draft for me.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

And after reading Scott's scouting report, I do not want Dion Jordan. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on the guy who almost burned himself up siphoning gas with a vacuum cleaner.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
And after reading Scott's scouting report, I do not want Dion Jordan. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on the guy who almost burned himself up siphoning gas with a vacuum cleaner.
im really back and forth on the guy, he has amazing tools but hasnt delivered on them yet

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I agree that looking at the where our. picks are and where the talent level is, DE needs to be our 1st round pick, I'm just not sold it needs to be Jordan. Although it would be cool to have Jordan-Jordan bookend DE's.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Fiesta Bowl I'm not so sure on Dion Jordan, he has the physical tools to work with and develop; also speed off the edge, but he's raw and unrefined and would need a lot of coaching. We already have raw guys, who need to work their technique up in Martez, and Galette. Right now he's projecting as a Manny Lawson type player, not really sure that's what our Defense needs.

Right now at 15 I'm kind of thinking Mingo, Montgomery, or even Ansah if we go DE. I think Moore will be long gone by the time we pick, but if for some reason he starts falling to #10 I would seriously consider moving up to grab him.

If Te'o is there I think he'd be a good pick, other wise I like Sheldon Richardson at DT. I think pairing him up with Hicks on the inside would just be brutally disruptive.

If we can move down and re-coup our second rounder in the process, I'd like to look at (DE) Alex Okafor, (DE) Brandon Jenkins, (CB) Logan Ryan from Rutgers, and (LB) Alec Ogletree. I think all those guys could be immediate contributors to the Defense.

Last edited by Auron : 01-04-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

nah man, not mingo, guy is just too damn thin with not a frame to add much good weight

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
nah man, not mingo, guy is just too damn thin with not a frame to add much good weight
You're most likely right if anything I think Mingo would fit in better on a 3-4 team where he could play a Coverage Linebacker role on early downs, and slide over to the 9 tech and rush on Passing downs.

Basically if we're at 15 and there are no Defensive Ends that the staff likes. (I think Two of Jordan/Montgomery/Ansah will be there) each has their own concerns though.

The next option would be the next best Defensive playmaker on the board, Richardson/Hankins might be there. Carolina is likely to take one as they need DT. But I can see a reluctance to taking that position in the First, with our past failings with Sullivan, Ellis.

I don't really see a Linebacker worth taking outside of Te'o. 15, is probably too high for a guy like Ogletree, or Minter.

I think we're kind of stuck then. I would love to move down and acquire more Day 1, early Day 2 picks as there are still a lot of Defensive talents later down the line. At DE; Okafor, Buchanan, Jenkins, even guys like Margus Hunt might be a riser, or Quanterus Smith in round 3. There's value at LB in Rounds 2 on, Anthony Barr, Khaseem Greene, at CB. Ryan, Trufant.

Basically I think there's more value for us all through out Round 2 (where we don't have any picks), going into Round 3. then there is standing at 15. If the right guy doesn't fall to us.

Last edited by Auron : 01-04-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
You're most likely right if anything I think Mingo would fit in better on a 3-4 team where he could play a Coverage Linebacker role on early downs, and slide over to the 9 tech and rush on Passing downs.

Basically if we're at 15 and there are no Defensive Ends that the staff likes. (I think Two of Jordan/Montgomery/Ansah will be there) each has their own concerns though.

The next option would be the next best Defensive playmaker on the board, Richardson/Hankins might be there. Carolina is likely to take one as they need DT. But I can see a reluctance to taking that position in the First, with our past failings with Sullivan, Ellis.

I don't really see a Linebacker worth taking outside of Te'o. 15, is probably too high for a guy like Ogletree, or Minter.

I think we're kind of stuck then. I would love to move down and acquire more Day 1, early Day 2 picks as there are still a lot of Defensive talents later down the line. At DE; Okafor, Buchanan, Jenkins, even guys like Margus Hunt might be a riser, or Quanterus Smith in round 3. There's value at LB in Rounds 2 on, Anthony Barr, Khaseem Greene, at CB. Ryan, Trufant.

Basically I think there's more value for us all through out Round 2 (where we don't have any picks), going into Round 3. then there is standing at 15. If the right guy doesn't fall to us.
other options are imo, picking banks or milliner if one of those two falls or a guy like Lewan if he falls

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll post more when I have more of an opportunity to type something out at length, but I thought I would at least do my "once in a blue moon" check-in.

Anyways. At this point, it looks like the Saints are picking (sadly) in the top twenty of the NFL Draft. If that's the case, I honestly think the Saints should move down and attempt to accumulate picks in the second and third rounds. I don't know if I'm really high on any of the players that would be available in the mid-first round for the Saints.

I mean, I love KeKe Mingo and Sam Montgomery but I don't know if they would fit in the Saints' defensive scheme. And my man-crush Manti Te'o would definitely not be available that late in the round, even with the poor performance in the BCS National Championship (what a snoozefest of a game that was!).

I don't know how I feel about Johnathan Hankins since I don't think I saw him play at all this season. I suppose that Alabama's Dee Milliner or Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks might be a possibility to help improve our secondary but I don't see the Saints getting a cornerback since we're attempting to fill the void of Tracy Porter with Patrick Robinson and we also drafted Johnny Patrick a couple of years ago.

Again, I don't know who I would want the Saints to target. It's a crapshoot right now.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote