Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His 40 is what's going to make him drop to late 2nd/3rd round. It's his weak spot but he' the real deal. Great all around CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
QB is really the only position you should trade the farm for. This is a linebacker we're talking about.

As much as I loved Luke last year, and boy do I love Luke, look at who was available at LB in round 2 in the same draft:

-Michael Kendricks
-Bobby Wagner
-Lavonte David

All of whom would do great for us. Of the 3 Wagner would make the most sense bc he has the size we like and he's a MIKE.

But the point remains, you can find linebackers. We just do an awful job of scouting LBs as an organization but they're out there to have.

This draft is actually pretty good at LB, no need to sell the farm for 1.
I actually think we do a pretty decent job drafting LB and finding LB's in free agency considering we rarely take one above the fourth round.

Actually, looking back, the only LB we've taken above the fourth round (under Ross) is Clint Sintim, and I'm not sure we would really consider that a linebacker pick considering how we converted to DE almost immediately.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim was a DE who he converted to LB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I basically don't consider him a LB as a pick, even if it might have been technically.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting my early scouting on some of these LBs.

So far:

Arthur Brown looks good, but hes a little light. Reminds me of Lavonte David a little. Long arms, but he's short and thin. Good instincts, great tackler. Ok in coverage. This is early, I haven't seen much yet.

Gerald Hodges has tremendous instincts, both in the run and pass game. He's very good in coverage, great in zone defense, he covers his zones and glides btw players with ease. He's built for zone defense, he's very good in zone defense, and he's very good in man coverage with Backs out of the backfield as well. Tremendous instincts. He dissects plays very well and is always in position to make a play. BUT, so far I'm not thrilled with his tackling. And I'm gonna try to make tackling the main focal point of my scouting for defenders this year.

Khasim: You already know. Only concern is size.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Starting my early scouting on some of these LBs.

So far:

Arthur Brown looks good, but hes a little light. Reminds me of Lavonte David a little. Long arms, but he's short and thin. Good instincts, great tackler. Ok in coverage. This is early, I haven't seen much yet.

Gerald Hodges has tremendous instincts, both in the run and pass game. He's very good in coverage, great in zone defense, he covers his zones and glides btw players with ease. He's built for zone defense, he's very good in zone defense, and he's very good in man coverage with Backs out of the backfield as well. Tremendous instincts. He dissects plays very well and is always in position to make a play. BUT, so far I'm not thrilled with his tackling. And I'm gonna try to make tackling the main focal point of my scouting for defenders this year.

Khasim: You already know. Only concern is size.
Thanks BBD,

Im curious on your thoughts on Chase Thomas
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Thanks BBD,

Im curious on your thoughts on Chase Thomas
Don't know a thing about him yet. Just starting to look at guys but I'm far from done. I'm just gathering names and looking at what I can.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's official, our draft picks for 2013 are

plus any compensation picks we might get.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-31-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really want a pass rusher. But to be fair, I love scouting pass rushers every year so I am a bit biased.

I'm not gonna waste my time scouting WRs or RBs, I don't see us taking any. Not gonna scout TEs either.

I'm gonna scout DEs, DTs, LBs, CBs, OTs, OGs.

I think that's what we're looking at and that's where we should draft our players.

I hate drafting DTs early nowadays bc of the high bust rate, so I'm more looking at 2nd and 3rd round value guys at DT. I believe in drafting DEs and CBs high, so I'm looking at the 1st round talent there. OT and OG I'll do the same, because if an OT or OG is by far BPA on the board in round 1 I think we should pull the trigger.

I'd prefer grabbing a LB in round 2, but I'll also scout the round 1 guys. I want a LB in the first 3 rounds. I think this is a must.

Ideally, I want to go:

1. DE
2. LB
3. OG
4 - 7 BPA regardless of position.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

For me it's just BPA that fits a need. We do it every year so I'm not surprised. Whatever our main needs are, pick the best player available at that position.

19 is a good pick. We can get a really good player at that spot.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD you might want to look at safety too, you never know if KP is coming back and even if he does we could use someone behind him if we don't feel comfortable in Will Hill/Sash taking over if he goes down again.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if he is there, how would you guys feel about Jonathan Hankins as our pick?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we re-sign KP, then I'm fine with the safety position. But if not, then it definitely becomes a need. I don't believe in Stevie Brown. He's a flash in the pan.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Brown is nothing more than opportunistic, he isn't a starting safety and you know he is going to be overpaid this offseason. Let him walk, resign KP cheap and draft a safety in the later rounds

Old 01-01-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Brown is a RFA. He'll most likely be back next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give him a 3rd round tender and hopefully someone bites.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Tehzl
Rookie

Tehzl hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys, I am new here to the forum, so nice to meet you all. Now question, it seems most of you really like Khaseem Greene, and that some of you guys here are Rutgers fans. I don't really watch college football, so I was wondering if you guys could go into more detail about why you like him, and maybe even compare him to a current player in the league. Lastly what position would he be playing? In the middle, or maybe taking over for Kiwanuka.
Tehzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehzl View Post
Hey guys, I am new here to the forum, so nice to meet you all. Now question, it seems most of you really like Khaseem Greene, and that some of you guys here are Rutgers fans. I don't really watch college football, so I was wondering if you guys could go into more detail about why you like him, and maybe even compare him to a current player in the league. Lastly what position would he be playing? In the middle, or maybe taking over for Kiwanuka.
I really like Khaseem Greene as a prospect, but he is purely a 4-3 WLB in my opinion.

We already have Jaquain Williams, Spencer Paysinger and Michael Boley who play WLB. I guess the jury is out as to whether Boley returns, but I just don't see the major need for Greene to invest a 2nd round pick.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Don't forget in Fewell's system the Will is actually the Strong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hopefully Fewell won't be here long enough for that to matter though.

Greene is alright, just way too undersized for my liking. I'd much rather invest in a corner, D-Linemen or offensive linemen in the second round.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You need smaller faster LB's in today's NFL though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and greene plays bigger than he is. lets not forget it's only his 2nd year at the position and he couldn't bulk up much this past offseason because he was rehabbing off a freak ankle injury. He can play SAM if need be I feel, but will be an animal of a WILL for whoever drafts him. Great instincts, can still cover like a safety and hits like a mofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, that's fine, I just disagree. I think he's too small and not nearly strong enough to play to position. He'll be a solid player but not great, in my opinion. I wouldn't be extremely upset if we took him in the second, but I think there are better, more high upside linebackers to consider than Greene.

Although I personally wouldn't bother taking any LB in the second round this year. Too many other concerns and too much depth at other positions to not try and hit on some of those areas.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with your take on the giants, not on greene, obviously. I think a guy like Greene or Arthur Brown would be AWESOME to have, but I'm more concerned up fron on the Dline. that's my biggest concern heading forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, get some big uglies and maybe a corner.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote