Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so excited for this years senior bowl, I think it is one of the best crops top to bottom in the last couple of years.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Senior Bowl just announced the coaching staffs and they will be...

Oakland Raiders & Detroit Lions

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really Det and OKa ? Should be interesting. I will probably miss it this year. Hoping to be enlisted by then.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thrilled raiders are coaching in the senior bowl. It's interesting the jaguars were passed up, not a good sign for their coaching staff.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horns up, biatches. With the Raider staff being there, this may finally be the year I get off my backside and make the ~2 hour drive to check this thing out.

Scott, Shane said it would be cool if I crashed with you. Just letting you know.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
It's interesting the jaguars were passed up, not a good sign for their coaching staff.
I thought the exact same thing...

Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Horns up, biatches. With the Raider staff being there, this may finally be the year I get off my backside and make the ~2 hour drive to check this thing out.

Scott, Shane said it would be cool if I crashed with you. Just letting you know.
You're sleeping in Shane's bed, not mine! :o)

Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
You're sleeping in Shane's bed, not mine! :o)
We are sticking him with BOE actually.

I wonder if Jacksonville declined because or were passed over due to firing Gene Smith and the potential of Mularkey not being there going forward.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions and Raiders? This is going to be the first senior bowl with 30 penalties, a couple fights, and multiple arrests during practice week.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Gio94
Rookie

Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like Barkley wont be there due to his injury
Gio94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio94 View Post
Looks like Barkley wont be there due to his injury
Yup, Liz Mullen of the Sports Business Journal confirmed that Barkley won't be playing in the Senior Bowl due to the shoulder injury. Huge missed opportunity to rehabilitate his stock.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's disappointing news. I'm sure Barkley will win over some GMs during the interview process but he could have done himself wonders competing in the SB.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
That's disappointing news. I'm sure Barkley will win over some GMs during the interview process but he could have done himself wonders competing in the SB.
Hopefully he is ready by the combine and throws there. Kind of disappointed but also expecting that he may not have been ready anyways.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first post here in a loooonnng time. (Been crazy busy at work)

I'm excited to see Denard get a chance to work at WR, as well as a kick/punt returner.

The guy is one of the most explosive players in the country with the ball in his hands, and while I have reservations about him having natural hands, I think he'll be a fun guy to watch.

As far as the QBs go, I'll be watching Wilson closely as I think a strong performance could help him out a ton. I'm not a big Geno Smith fan, personally don't think there is a QB out there with top 5 value (although it's a near certainty one or more will be drafted that high), but a guy like Wilson with all the tools could make a team think that they've found their guy.

One other guy that I'll be looking at in particular is Khaseem Greene. I think he's a big time talent, but he really needs to hone his fundamentals. There were FAR too many plays where I saw him get to the ball carrier and throw the shoulder without wrapping up.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

With Barkley out I assume that opens a spot for Ryan Nassib of Syracuse.

It will get really interesting if Geno Smith drops out too. Who would be next? Zac Dysert of Miami (OH)? Colin Klein of Kansas St.? Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah? A Surprise???

Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It will get really interesting if Geno Smith drops out too. Who would be next? Zac Dysert of Miami (OH)? Colin Klein of Kansas St.? Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah? A Surprise???
Geno Smith would need to be missing chromosomes to drop out after choking against every defense with a pulse.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Didn't the senior bowl deem Colin Klein not worthy of an invite? Not saying I agree with it as I think he is deserving of a spot given his natural athletic ability and success as a QB in college. I think it's a crock of **** he is being passed over.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Harvard TE Kyle Juszczyk has been invited to the Senior Bowl

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, Liz Mullen of the Sports Business Journal confirmed that Barkley won't be playing in the Senior Bowl due to the shoulder injury. Huge missed opportunity to rehabilitate his stock.
It's a good excuse. Even 100% I don't think he would have participated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to his twitter, Geno Smith won't be going to the Senior Bowl. I wanted him to go, but I didn't expect him to.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eugene Geno Smith ‏@GenoSmith_12

Thanks to the Senior Bowl for the invite, but for the record I will not be participating. Once again thanks to the Senior Bowl committee.

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

Thanks to the Senior Bowl for the invite, but for the record I will not be participating. Once again thanks to the Senior Bowl committee.
Hack__(10 char)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Appears Oregon DE / OLB Dion Jordan (shoulder) and Alabama C Barrett Jones (foot) will be scratches due to surgeries.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

Boo!

Not a surprise I guess. Huge opportunity for Mike Glennon!

Now the question becomes who gets that last quarterback spot, assuming Ryan Nassib is one replacement for Smith / Barkley. My preference would be Zac Dysert of Miami (OH), although I wouldn't be shocked if Colin Klein of Kansas St. gets the nod based on name recognition / public relations value. Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah may be a darkhorse.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drafted Dysert in the forum mock, so it should go to him. That's how much sway I have.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote