Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Heck, I'm a Vikings fan, and although Adrian Peterson has been the one exception to the high RB pick, even he hasn't been nearly as good as people assume.

The ignorance of this comment is loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice logic and reasoning there, buddy
There's no need for reasoning. The stupidity of the comment speaks for itself.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about responding to my above comment? Oh that's right you have no come back.

"It wasn't one bad game. (Peterson) fumbled 23 times in his first 3 seasons. Over that time period, despite the fact he was one of the best RUNNERS, he was a mediocre RUNNING BACK due to his chronic inability to hang onto the ball."
I don't even know what you're trying to say. The Vikings should regret picking Peterson? The Vikings shouldn't have picked him? Okay he had fumbling problems early in his career. So what?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To put this into some perspective, Peterson had more fumbles in his first 3 years than Ladanian Tomlinson had in his ENTIRE 11 year career.
Its true...the last guy I would want as my running back is Adrian Peterson lmao...he's only the best running back in the NFL and just ran for over 2000 yards on a team that had one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL after losing Percy Harvin and had the box loaded against them every down. While ur at it why don't you say that Calvin Johnson isn't as good a WR as we think and Drew Brees isn't really that good either
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't think he will go in the first either. He's not going to be a guy that you want to give 25 carries a game, because he isn't dynamic enough. You'd need a faster guy to split carries with him. Kinda like the Bradshaw/Jacobs situation for the Giants last season.
I agree with the basis of the point but no NFL RB got even close to 25 carries per game this game. The highest was Arian Foster with 21.9.

If I am a team towards the back end of the first and didn't have a lot of holes and there was nobody screaming value I would probably take the guy. It is a passing league but it's tough to win if you can't run it.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree with the basis of the point but no NFL RB got even close to 25 carries per game this game. The highest was Arian Foster with 21.9.

If I am a team towards the back end of the first and didn't have a lot of holes and there was nobody screaming value I would probably take the guy. It is a passing league but it's tough to win if you can't run it.
Lacy would help a lot of teams...including both NY teams for sure.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't think he will go in the first either. He's not going to be a guy that you want to give 25 carries a game, because he isn't dynamic enough. You'd need a faster guy to split carries with him. Kinda like the Bradshaw/Jacobs situation for the Giants last season.
I'm very intrigued by the thought of a Spiller/Lacy backfield.
However, Fitz is still our QB so I'm not that intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 01-08-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
If Lacy declares, I think it very likely he goes late round 1 or very early round 2.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to think of a RB to compare Lacy to, perhaps Lynch?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
I agree, though I can't see the Giants going RB 2 years in a row and i don't think the Jets can afford to use a top 40 pick on a RB. I think a team like Tennessee could take him in the second

Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, though I can't see the Giants going RB 2 years in a row and i don't think the Jets can afford to use a top 40 pick on a RB. I think a team like Tennessee could take him in the second
There are quite a few teams late in round 1, that could use a RB and IMO, Lacy won't get out of round 1 provided he isn't too slow at the combine. He reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his exceptional quick feet.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There are quite a few teams late in round 1, that could use a RB and IMO, Lacy won't get out of round 1 provided he isn't too slow at the combine. He reminds me of Jamal Lewis with his exceptional quick feet.
A lot could go RB however it will all depend on how the board shakes up.

Indy could be tempted but they have major holes, plus while an upgrade over Ballard I don't think they could justify the selection.

Green Bay could opt for him. This is my dark horse team in this because they don't run it a lot, however it really wouldn't hurt to have a viable threat.

Atlanta need someone to take over from Turner and Lacy and Quizz would be a nice tandem.

And finally, Denver could go RB too. McGahee doesn't have much left and I would be very surprised if they view Knowshon as the future

Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A lot could go RB however it will all depend on how the board shakes up.

Indy could be tempted but they have major holes, plus while an upgrade over Ballard I don't think they could justify the selection.

Green Bay could opt for him. This is my dark horse team in this because they don't run it a lot, however it really wouldn't hurt to have a viable threat.

Atlanta need someone to take over from Turner and Lacy and Quizz would be a nice tandem.

And finally, Denver could go RB too. McGahee doesn't have much left and I would be very surprised if they view Knowshon as the future
A very solid list but the Jets and Arizona, if they cannot find a QB to draft and Cincy and Pittsburgh are also possibilities. It will depend on how impressive Lacy is at the combine.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I've been trying to think of a RB to compare Lacy to, perhaps Lynch?

He reminds me of Corey Dillon somewhat.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't really make sense for a primary passing team to spend a first round pick on a running back (c.f. Mark Ingram, Saints; Laurence Maroney, Patriots; Donald Brown, Colts, etc.)

The preferable strategy for primary passing teams is to spend a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks on RBs like New England did when they took Ridley and Vereen in 2011.

Best plan for the Packers (or any passing team who wants to upgrade at RB) is to wait until day 2. Plenty of good backs are second round picks.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
It doesn't really make sense for a primary passing team to spend a first round pick on a running back (c.f. Mark Ingram, Saints; Laurence Maroney, Patriots; Donald Brown, Colts, etc.)

The preferable strategy for primary passing teams is to spend a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks on RBs like New England did when they took Ridley and Vereen in 2011.

Best plan for the Packers (or any passing team who wants to upgrade at RB) is to wait until day 2. Plenty of good backs are second round picks.
I do agree with the last two paragraphs, and that's why I classify them as dark horses. I would be mildly surprised if they took a RB in the first but it makes some sense.

As for the top, those guys ended up busting (still give Ingram another year) for whatever reason. The Pats have had successful RBs, as have the Colts and Saints. If they didn't bust they would have been good contributors

Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Very few late drafting teams will pass on a RB if their scouting department and GM rates them as mid 1st round material that slipped. Look at the Giants last draft. It is easy to say you can get one later, quite another to pass on one you absolutely love and know you won't get another shot at. 30% of a team's offense is still running the ball so teams will always take somebody they believe will help them early rather than later.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The problem with this argument is that all those first round RBs you listed sucked. In hindsight, yeah you can say those picks didn't make sense, since we know they're terrible. Had they actually picked a good RB late in the first it would be much different. Don't you think Doug Martin on the Patriots would have helped them out a bunch even though they're primarily a passing team?

As for spending 2nd and 3rd round picks on RBs, how are Brandon Jackson and Alex Green working out?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote