Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Carr and Clairborne can adjust. Carr ran a lot of Tampa in KC, and Clairborne was known more for being an off the ball defender coming out of college.

Sensy will be fine. The SS in a Tampa 2 needs to be more of a run support guy anyway. And your coverage in the middle of the field will be more on your linebackers.

But you'll need a FS and a DE. Those are 2 big needs.
Yea, we have some pieces in place but its a big change. Carter and Lee should thrive through, so that would be exciting.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
.......jesus Monomach.

Angelo drafted Tillman, Briggs, and Alex Brown. He took over a team that had three good players (Urlacher, M. Brown, Kruetz) and built them into a consistent winner.
Erp. You're right (about him drafting those 3 guys, not about only getting 3 good players to start with). I went back and looked. Jauron lost his draft control when JA got hired after the 01 draft. The thing I remembered JA whining about and firing Dick for as soon as the McCaskeys let him was roster control. Jauron got to make the decisions to cut guys and JA wanted that. I misremembered that as total personnel control

Still, the man couldn't handle offense worth a damn.

Matt Forte was basically the lone offensive guy he drafted that we can call a star. Greg Olsen was a legit pass-catcher and a decent pick, but he let Mike Martz talk him into trading him off so he could replace him with a blocking TE that couldn't block.

Bernard Berrian, Earl Bennett, and Johnny Knox are all "ok" picks who've had big flaws but put up numbers by default because no one else was around to be thrown to.

Kyle Orton is on the topmost tier of backup QBs, so that's good...but it's still not a starter.

His refusal to move on from Grossman/Orton/retread vets probably cost the team a ring in the 05-06 period. His terrible drafting of wideouts and O line probably cost another in the 10-12 period.

Even if we add in his defensive draft choices, he made a total of 82 draft choices. Only 17 remain with the team. Of those, 1 is not contributing, 4 are essentially special teamers, 4 are bad starters that need to be replaced or make a big stride, 3 are pretty much average starters, 1 is an above average starter, and 4 are stars. 53 man roster, only 17 left from Jerry Angelo, only 8 average or better starters. Drafting like that is how you don't win Super Bowls.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heckert to Buffalo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Heckert to Buffalo
Aruh?

We just officially announced Hackett as OC, so there might be some confusion here.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Even if we add in his defensive draft choices, he made a total of 82 draft choices. Only 17 remain with the team.
That's not exceptional at all. How many players drafted from '02-'05 are still with their original team?

I agree with what you're saying about offense, obviously, but Jerry is still good at what he does, and you can do a LOT worse in the NFL. He put together some very good teams, and Bears fans need to quit bitching about him. So far, I've seen very little I like from Emery. Shea McClellan made no sense at the time and it still doesn't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Aruh?

We just officially announced Hackett as OC, so there might be some confusion here.
twitter typo it seems, was gonna say that came out of no where

Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Being reported that the Eagles have interviewed ND coach Brian Kelly. He is currently out of the country but they are expected to revisit talks.
At least we'd be able to promote Diaco? Ugh.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's not exceptional at all. How many players drafted from '02-'05 are still with their original team?

I agree with what you're saying about offense, obviously, but Jerry is still good at what he does, and you can do a LOT worse in the NFL. He put together some very good teams, and Bears fans need to quit bitching about him. So far, I've seen very little I like from Emery. Shea McClellan made no sense at the time and it still doesn't.
Well, we both know that we're always going to disagree as far as JA goes. We've been round and round on it a few times since back when I first joined...but we're pretty close on Emery.

I gave that McClellin pick a D after the draft and he hasn't done a thing to improve that. I still feel actual anger when I think about it. I know that's taking it too far, but hey...even those of us who know football fairly well have a stupid meatball fan buried inside somewhere.

His HC search has some good names and some terrible ones. How that turns out is going to sway my (and likely your) opinion a lot. The real test is going to be this next draft and free agency. Another Shea McClellin or another offseason of throwing league-minimum castoffs at the O line and I'll have an aneurysm.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dave Toub interviewing for the Chiefs ST job! \o/

I guess he'd have to be ST coach SLASH assistant head coach for it to work, unless the Bears decided to let him make a lateral move. If he's interviewing does that mean he's not a serious candidate for the Bears?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dave Toub interviewing for the Chiefs ST job! \o/

I guess he'd have to be ST coach SLASH assistant head coach for it to work, unless the Bears decided to let him make a lateral move. If he's interviewing does that mean he's not a serious candidate for the Bears?
He interviewed with the Panthers yesterday, too.

Assistant head coach is still considered a lateral move as far as that rule goes. Everything under head coach is considered the same for that purpose, even linebackers coach to coordinator or whatever.

I don't think that this is an indication that they'll let him go. I DO think it's an indication that he's not getting a second interview for HC.

The way I read this is not that Emery is planning on letting him leave, but rather that he's allowing him to set up a safety net just in case the new Bears HC chooses to not retain him. I think the new HC would be a fool to replace him, but some guys just want their own people and Toub is a coach who's done enough for the Bears that he deserves some leeway to prepare to land on his feet in case things go that way.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

reports Ray Horton reached out to Norv Turner to see interest in Cards OC if he gets HC

Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The browns have hired rob chudzinski.

God.

Damnit.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
reports Ray Horton reached out to Norv Turner to see interest in Cards OC if he gets HC
Totally off topic, but that sig is siiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As @mortreport reported, Browns hired Rob Chdizonski as their new HC.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is expected to bring norv turner to call the offense

Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

God.

Damnit.
It appears Norv Turner is going with him.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
It appears Norv Turner is going with him.
I've heard Scott turner, not Norv
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
I've heard Scott turner, not Norv
Prob both then.

Quote:
P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
I'm hearing from a very good source that Norv Turner is, in fact, coming with Chud to CLE.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
As @mortreport reported, Browns hired Rob Chdizonski as their new HC.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

God.

Damnit.
I don't think having him and Norv together for the offense is really that bad of a thing.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I actually think a combo of Chud and Norv can do wonders for the Browns offense. Browns are in good shape with those two. I like the hire. One of the most important factors obviously for a new HC is can he put together a well coached staff. Well Chud is already off to a great start just on the hiring of Norv alone.

fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Totally off topic, but that sig is siiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
why thank you kind sir

Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still think Shurmur needed one more year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I don't think having him and Norv together for the offense is really that bad of a thing.
I made the God damnit post before I discovered norv was coming with. It's the most underwhelming of all the hires but whatever.

Anxious to see who is running the defense/what we're running on that side.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Still think Shurmur needed one more year.
So wrong.

I'm a big fan of Chud. He's an innovator.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote