Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope people keep criticizing and doubting the Niners. It's when they've played their best.

Ahhh.... here we go! Some bulletin board material (kind of) for Aldon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ng-regain-form

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 01-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I felt that three times this season the odds were stacked against the 49ers and the 49ers delivered. Against the Packers everyone thought they would lose. The Packers were playing for the first time since their 15-1 season came to a crashing end. And it was Lambeau Field. Understandable, I suppose.

Then it was against New Orleans who had won 5 straight I believe. Or at least 5 out of their last 6. It was also in New Orleans. San Francisco took care of business there as well.

Then there was the Patriots who were favored for a lot of reasons and it was understandable. They hadn't lost a December home game in ten years, blah, blah, blah. Took care of business there.

The issue of course has been consistency. San Francisco finished with a pretty good record given the harder schedule this season. But it games like the Vikings and two affairs with the Rams that really seemed weird. And of course the 49ers haven't won more than two games straight this year. So that was annoying. Maybe that's why I'm not as hyped up about this upcoming matchup. Last year it felt like the 49ers really were tough to beat. Now, eh. Wouldn't be shocked if Green Bay goes on to Atlanta or hosts the NFC Championship game against the Seahawks.
I'm fairly certain GIF Ness would be a lot more confident if his idol King Awex was playing. Lol.
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Greg Roman basically unpredictable in a bad way?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watch Frank Gore get something like 6 carries again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He needs at least 20 this game. Damn the team needs to him back going to slow the pack down.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that can't happen. Greg Roman needs to not fold.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really sick of hearing about Rodgers having a huge chip on his shoulder regarding being passed on the 49ers during the 2005 draft. I'm listening to a lot of media sessions this week and this rhetoric keeps getting repeating over and over and over. About how he'll be coming into Candlestick with fire in his eyes and just dominate. He very well might, and maybe people just want a story to attach themselves to I don't know. But I highly doubt Rodgers is going to sleep every single night cursing the 49ers organization.

Also, folks are picking the Packers to win for the most part and most of what I've heard is "well when the chips are down Aaron Rodgers is there and it's Colin Kaepernick in his first playoff game, etc". And I'm thinking to myself, didn't we already go through this last season? Drew Brees playing against Alex Smith in Smith's first playoff game and how it was the greatest offense of all time? Plus San Francisco already beat this team on the road. We'll see what happens, but I'm just shocked at the love Rodgers is getting in this upcoming matchup. He's a fantastic quarterback and I know people want to feel safe with their "picks", but let's not knock this one out of the park quite yet.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really sick of hearing about Rodgers having a huge chip on his shoulder regarding being passed on the 49ers during the 2005 draft.
It shouldn't make you sick.
It won't have any affect during the game anyway. He's not playing against the people who passed him up anyway. He's playing against the Smith Brothers, Brooks, Bowman, Willis, Goldson, Carlos Rogers, etc.
If anything, there in SF, he might try too hard, which you would like.

What I find interesting is Rodgers grew up and was always a 49ers fan.
Kaepernick grew up a Packers fan. Hopefully he tries a little too hard, and resembles his idol growing up Farve, who always in the playoffs found ways to throw key forced interceptions to lose seasons.

I got you guys winning 31-28, with our ****** kicker missing a FG in the 1st half, and a FG as time expires.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really sick of hearing about Rodgers having a huge chip on his shoulder regarding being passed on the 49ers during the 2005 draft. I'm listening to a lot of media sessions this week and this rhetoric keeps getting repeating over and over and over. About how he'll be coming into Candlestick with fire in his eyes and just dominate. He very well might, and maybe people just want a story to attach themselves to I don't know. But I highly doubt Rodgers is going to sleep every single night cursing the 49ers organization.

Also, folks are picking the Packers to win for the most part and most of what I've heard is "well when the chips are down Aaron Rodgers is there and it's Colin Kaepernick in his first playoff game, etc". And I'm thinking to myself, didn't we already go through this last season? Drew Brees playing against Alex Smith in Smith's first playoff game and how it was the greatest offense of all time? Plus San Francisco already beat this team on the road. We'll see what happens, but I'm just shocked at the love Rodgers is getting in this upcoming matchup. He's a fantastic quarterback and I know people want to feel safe with their "picks", but let's not knock this one out of the park quite yet.

At least you don't have to hear every day in Packer land. it worse listing to the local news where they love the Packers. I'm sure sf fans are just as bad in the town of sf but it just worse here I guess. People love the packers all too much. And when they lose its all down and they bring in all kinds of excuses. never knew it was gonna be to different living in a football town.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
At least you don't have to hear every day in Packer land. it worse listing to the local news where they love the Packers. I'm sure sf fans are just as bad in the town of sf but it just worse here I guess. People love the packers all too much. And when they lose its all down and they bring in all kinds of excuses. never knew it was gonna be to different living in a football town.
Why are you in Green Bay?
Are you from Cali, going to college there or what?
I know of few Californians who's parents move to Green Bay for a job.
It's always the other way around......
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Akers is slated to kick Saturday against the Packers. Cundiff will remain on the roster though. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
There is no way he is going to college.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
There is no way he is going to college.

College? bahahaha

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm originally from Wa State. worked seasonal jobs in a National Park last 4 summers. Meet a gal from GB 2 summers ago,traveled together for 2 years and just decided to stay dating and now moved to home town ( green bay,wi) Does ti really matter?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
All gonna depend on the health of Justin Smith imo.
Look closely at #12 during the game while you are wearing your vintage Alex Busto jersey, you'll be able to finally watch a real QB.
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypocrisyIsGreat View Post
Look closely at #12 during the game while you are wearing your vintage Alex Busto jersey, you'll be able to finally watch a real QB.
I like this guy. He is pretty funny
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm originally from Wa State. worked seasonal jobs in a National Park last 4 summers. Meet a gal from GB 2 summers ago,traveled together for 2 years and just decided to stay dating and now moved to home town ( green bay,wi) Does ti really matter?
Only YOU can answer that question 49er85. Only you.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the 49ers All-Pros

First Team

G - Mike Iupati
OLB - Aldon Smith
ILB - Patrick Willis
ILB - NaVorro Bowman
S - Dashon Goldson
P - Andy Lee

Second Team

OT - Joe Staley
DE - Justin Smith
DT - Justin Smith
OLB - Ahmad Brooks

Received Votes

FB - Bruce Miller (6th)
OT - Anthony Davis (8th)
OG - Alex Boone (7th)
S - Donte Whitner (8th)
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Brooks get some credit.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I'm glad Goldson got the recognition. He's my favorite player on defense. I need to get his jersey. I'll make sure he gets his deal in place first.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also very nice to see Boone getting votes. He really helped the line and when we replace Goodwin in the right way we will have a great line for years to come.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad Goldson got the recognition. He's my favorite player on defense. I need to get his jersey. I'll make sure he gets his deal in place first.
I honestly used to hate the guy. It seemed like he just went for the hit and didn't know how to wrap up. But now, it's hard to imagine this D being strong without him. The guy makes impact plays, and he's cut down the mistakes a great deal.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I like this guy. He is pretty funny
lol, the court jester.

I'm getting absolutely wasted today. If we win this game, we're going all the way.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Also very nice to see Boone getting votes. He really helped the line and when we replace Goodwin in the right way we will have a great line for years to come.
Yes, he was very solid in the RG position all year when it was arguably this team's biggest question mark heading into the offseason last year. He's earned the respect of becoming a pro after having major issues with drinking,etc. in college.

Hell, he's even got a rhino at the SF Zoo named after him now. Check this quality piece from .com land: http://blog.49ers.com/2013/01/12/int...e-rhino-boone/

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

So I had this kind of though this mooring. Since our offense is evolving into something great like a great option attack. Tebow will need a place to call a new home. Could the gm and coaches bring in Tebow and us him in our new offense and make a descent QB / RB what ever needs to be down to help win more games. It wouldn't cost us more then a 3rd I'm sure. it just might help career with our coaching staff who actually teach him a little something about passing etc. what do you thinks ? Lets not get hasty on Tebow, but him being helpful in our new offense ways.