Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jacksonville says they don't want Tebow

Their GM came out and said he "couldn't see any possible scenario where the Jet's Tim Tebow would become a Jaguar"....when asked Even if they released him?...he replied "yes even if they release him". I don't know about everybody else but I want to see him start SOMEWHERE.....I mean as a Jets fan (i know, yes its embarrassing to admit being a Jet fan these days)...I say to Rex let him play next year....let him start....WTF? He can't be any worse than Sanchez....and if he starts winning games (I don't care how he does it actually) then change that tat # to 15 instead of 6 and pay homage to leader who a team will actually rally behind.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
Their GM came out and said he "couldn't see any possible scenario where the Jet's Tim Tebow would become a Jaguar"....when asked Even if they released him?...he replied "yes even if they release him". I don't know about everybody else but I want to see him start SOMEWHERE.....I mean as a Jets fan (i know, yes its embarrassing to admit being a Jet fan these days)...I say to Rex let him play next year....let him start....WTF? He can't be any worse than Sanchez....and if he starts winning games (I don't care how he does it actually) then change that tat # to 15 instead of 6 and pay homage to leader who a team will actually rally behind.
Mark Sanchez is miles ahead of Tebow as a QB and Sanchez is the worst starter in the league. Jets need a QB the most out of anyone.
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are still clinging to the notion that Tebow can be an NFL QB? That's adorable...and also pretty shameful. Might as well move Michael Bush back to QB while we're at it.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** all Tebow threads and all people who support him...that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next stop, Canada.
It's not even Tebow's ability to throw that's hurting him now. Tebow has never had the basic fundamentals of reading coverages taught to him and the only we he has the slimmest chance to improve is to go to the CFL.

Is still think Tebow could have a role in the NFL but IMO no team seems willing to bring him in even as a backup QB.

I have no idea what happened in NY. It's not just that Tebow was bad, for some reason Rex Ryan was afraid to have Tebow under center for the Jets.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard Caldwell's comments on Mike and Mike. The Jaguar fans on Twitter yesterday made it seem like Caldwell basically said "Tim Tebow ******* sucks. There is no way in hell we are brining that worthless sack of monkey **** to our team." What he actually said was "As for Tim, he is a member of the New York Jets so I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar." Sounds like he is just avoiding tampering charges on his first day as the GM rather than saying, no we don't want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he was properly developed as a QB while sitting and watching he could be a solid QB. That being said the drama he brings with him which isn't necessarily his fault makes him toxic to NFL teams.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
I still think he was properly developed as a QB while sitting and watching he could be a solid QB. That being said the drama he brings with him which isn't necessarily his fault makes him toxic to NFL teams.
He would be an upgrade in Jacksonville no question about it so I think that is where he should go. But I think his next best option would be to go to a team with an established QB. Green Bay and New Orleans come to mind. Sit behind those guys for two or three years and really learn the position.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously both the Jets & Jaguars are experts when it comes to evaluating, teaching quarterbacks/ QB play in the National Football League.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
**** all Tebow threads and all people who support him...that is all.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Obviously both the Jets & Jaguars are experts when it comes to evaluating, teaching quarterbacks/ QB play in the National Football League.
What a stupid, irrelevant statement considering Caldwell was just hired. What previous GMs did in Jacksonville means nothing now.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypocrisyIsGreat View Post
Mark Sanchez is miles ahead of Tebow as a QB and Sanchez is the worst starter in the league. Jets need a QB the most out of anyone.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He would be an upgrade in Jacksonville no question about it so I think that is where he should go. But I think his next best option would be to go to a team with an established QB. Green Bay and New Orleans come to mind. Sit behind those guys for two or three years and really learn the position.
I could see him ended up in New England if Jets let him go. McDaniels drafted him and Belichik is creative enough to develop a scheme for him. He has a familiar target in Hernandez and there would be no QB controversy with Tom Brady. And once they get up by enough late in the 3rd quarter he can rest Brady and let Tebow run it down the Jets throat every time they play.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Why did he want fudge in the middle of a game?
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
What a stupid, irrelevant statement considering Caldwell was just hired. What previous GMs did in Jacksonville means nothing now.
And the Jets?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I am having so much fun trolling the hell out of Jaguars fans on Twitter right now.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, there's Jaguars fans?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The Jags actually have the most vocal Twitter fanbase of any team in the NFL.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
And the Jets?
They don't even have a GM so you can't say their GM sucks at evaluating QBs.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
What would lead you to believe otherwise? Bring some facts.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
I could see him ended up in New England if Jets let him go. McDaniels drafted him and Belichik is creative enough to develop a scheme for him. He has a familiar target in Hernandez and there would be no QB controversy with Tom Brady. And once they get up by enough late in the 3rd quarter he can rest Brady and let Tebow run it down the Jets throat every time they play.
Here's what I think it's going to happen: this offseason no HC or GM will risk their jobs giving Tim Tebow a legitimate chance at QB. It's known that Tebow only wants to go to a team that considers him a QB, not willing to change positions; but after an offseason of being completely ignored he'll have to be humble and accept a position change.

That's where Bill Belichick comes in. He's one of the few head coaches whose job is secure and has a great quarterback in Brady and a nice backup so there won't be any controversy about starting Tebow. Belichik is known to give chances to washed up players and making them successful. Tim Tebow is a talented kid and Belichick/McDaniels are creative enough to find him a role in this offense.

Heck! Even if it doesn't work it's great, because if the Pats give him a chance and hes not able to make the best out of it: nobody else will and that would be the end of Tebow's career, so win-win.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anybody want Tebow? It's amusing to me that a guy who is the anti-T.O. can be just as toxic to a team. lol.

I'll eat my hat if Tebow even gets a call from NE.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
Here's what I think it's going to happen: this offseason no HC or GM will risk their jobs giving Tim Tebow a legitimate chance at QB. It's known that Tebow only wants to go to a team that considers him a QB, not willing to change positions; but after an offseason of being completely ignored he'll have to be humble and accept a position change.

That's where Bill Belichick comes in. He's one of the few head coaches whose job is secure and has a great quarterback in Brady and a nice backup so there won't be any controversy about starting Tebow. Belichik is known to give chances to washed up players and making them successful. Tim Tebow is a talented kid and Belichick/McDaniels are creative enough to find him a role in this offense.

Heck! Even if it doesn't work it's great, because if the Pats give him a chance and hes not able to make the best out of it: nobody else will and that would be the end of Tebow's career, so win-win.
Ya maybe so...that seems like a logical destination to me too. McDaniels didn't draft him with his #1 pick because he didn't believe in him. Belichick knows his strengths (and weaknesses evidenced by how they beat Denver up in that playoff game) and would be smart enough to use him effectively. Brady is getting older. Getting up early on teams and letting Tebow run in down defenses throats would help prolong Brady's career...and who knows, you might actually se Tebow evolve and improve at the position. And if Brady goes down and Tebow is being effective on the field? Guess who steps in?

To be honest I feel Tebow has earned the right to start in the NFL....I get the point of GMs and coaches being afraid of the Media storm and all that goes with tailoring an offense around him. But the guy is a winner. Thats a quality you can't teach. For Jacksonville its stupid not to give him a shot. They would sell tickets and create a HUGE buzz. I would give him the opportunity to succeed or fail in his hometown. At least then your fan base would respect you giving the hometown hero a shot. I'm a big Tebow fan because of who the guy is....special dude. Transcends football.

Being a Jets fan and watching Sanchez fail ALL YEAR and Tebow not even get a chance really soured me towards them big time! Spending my $ and going to games, buying Jets merchandise etc and watching them do what they did in riding the Sanchez bus till the wheels fell off was disgusting. Then we get the tattoo? WTF man? Rex change the QB and change that tattoo or something...i used to be a Rex fan but man being a Jets fan really sucks balls. Was the worst year of the last 3 decades. I feel like a battered wife that knows she should leave but can't. lmao I get why Fireman Ed quit. I'll be dead and buried before these fools get to a Super Bowl
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belichick doesn't pull Brady (or any other players) b/c it's not part of his philosophy. On top of that, he doesn't carry 3 QBs and there's no way in hell he's dropping Mallett for Tebow.

Connect as many dots as y'all like. Tebow won't be coming to NE. I said it on draft day and I still beleive it now. All the Tebow to NE talk was smokescreens & headgames.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote