Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probably better running backs on the board, but I think Theo is going have himself a pretty solid NFL career.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to stop the clock for the night. Gonna go lay down.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt, I probably won't be around for most of the day, so you can just use the last BB I sent, or you can pick for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we going to do UDFA?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Matt, I probably won't be around for most of the day, so you can just use the last BB I sent, or you can pick for me.
Alright, sounds good!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Are we going to do UDFA?
I'd be willing to consider it, although I'm not sure exactly how it'd work. Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'd be willing to consider it, although I'm not sure exactly how it'd work. Any ideas?
Well the last time we did it we each got 30 points I think and PM'd BB a list of up to 5 UDFA that we wanted and how many points we would "spend" on each one and each UDFA went to the highest bidder. If you think that's too much we could always just do first come first serve

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins Draft (Traded down in Round 1):

Goal was to build around Tannehill and give him some weapons while improving our pass defense (pass rush included). My only regret is not getting any O-line depth, but the value was too good elsewhere IMO. I liked the values I got, only real reach was Jelani Jenkins who I felt was a great fit for the Dolphins defense.

1. Johnthan Banks CB/Miss. State
2. Tyler Eifert TE/Notre Dame
2. Stedman Bailey WR/West Virginia
3. Jackson Jeffcoat DE/Texas
3. Cobi Hamilton WR/Arkansas
3. Jelani Jenkins LB/Florida
4. Michael Buchanan DE/Illinois
5. Ryan Nassib QB/Syracuse
7. Aaron Mellette WR/Elon
7. J.J. Wilcox S/Georgia Southern

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many thanks to Cigaro for picking up my slack during my move! You = awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really even need RB depth but I was about to take Franklin because he had no business at all lasting to the seventh. At least 3 rounds too late imo. Great pick San Fran.

RoP, if you can get a hold of DiG, I'll be around for the next hour.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't really even need RB depth but I was about to take Franklin because he had no business at all lasting to the seventh. At least 3 rounds too late imo. Great pick San Fran.

RoP, if you can get a hold of DiG, I'll be around for the next hour.
You're up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1,1: Geno Smith, QB, WVU
2,34: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
3,65: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
4,98: Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
5,129: Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH)
6,161: Ty Powell, OLB, Harding
7, 193 : Anthony McCloud, DT, Florida State

The goal, obviously, was to improve QB and the offense as a whole. The entire QB group had to be rebuilt and I think we did that with Geno and Dysert. We needed better options in the passing game, and I think Kelce and Wheaton can step in day one and make an impact, especially since I don't expect Steve Breaston to be back.

We needed depth at DL/LB and we got that, and Trufant might be able to start opposite Flowers year 1, and if not, he'll play in nickle sets.

I didn't hit every need but I got most of what I wanted done.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

vidae, what can you tell me about Powell? I don't know anything about him.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars

1. DE Boejrn Werner FSU- The Jaguars had the fewest sacks in the league. grabbing the top 4-3 End in the draft was a no-brainer.

2. QB Matt Barkley USC- I wasn't even planning on drafting a QB, but with Matt Barkley falling to the second round, I had to. His stock fell a bit but he is still better than Gabbert and Henne.

3. DT Sylvester Williams UNC- An example of great value meeting needs. I considered a DT at #2 overall, so obviously it's a need. And Williams is a borderline first round value. Probably my favorite pick.

4. FS Duke Williams Nevada- A cornerback/safety tweener. But luckily, the Jaguars need help in both spots.

4. C Khaled Holmes USC- The current center is old and injury prone. I think I got a starter here in the 4th round. I also like that he already has chemistry with Barkley. Probably my second favorite pick.

5. RB Andre Ellington Clemson- I got rid of Maurice Jones-Drew but I think you can find backs anywhere. Ellington has very good speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I may have drafted a starter in the 5th round.

6. CB Melvin White UL-Lafayette- If Duke Williams moves to safety, the Jags will need additional corner depth.

6. OT Luke Marquardt Azusa Pacific- A project pick. Marquadt is a huge guy but level of competition is obviously an issue. He may even be forced to start seeing how bad the right tackle spot was in 2012.

6. CB Marc Anthony California- More secondary depth.

7. KR Quincy McDuffie UCF- This is my homer pick. Before the draft, I knew I was going to pick him here. He's one of the fastest guys in the draft, adds great value as a returner (where the Jags were among the worst in 2012), and could even play a little slot receiver if necessary.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this draft. I think I drafted starters with each of my first 5 picks. Even if he isn't a starter, Ellington will see substantial playing time. And McDuffie instantly becomes the main return guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Very nice draft for Jacksonville. Matt Barkley was a steal and I liked the Duke Williams pick a lot as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota Vikings Draft

24 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
30 - Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
49 - Sam Montgomery, DE, Louisiana State
88 - Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
152 - Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
168 - Larry Black Jr., DT, Indiana
197 - Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State
216 - Brad Sorensen, QB, Southern Utah

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts draft

1-25: CB, Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
3-89: OT, Kyle Long, Oregon
4-121: OT, Brian Winters, Kent St.
6-185: K, Dustin Hopkins, Florida St.
7-217: RB, Chris Thompson, Florida St.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Colts draft

1-25: CB, Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
3-89: OT, Kyle Long, Oregon
4-121: OT, Brian Winters, Kent St.
6-185: K, Dustin Hopkins, Florida St.
7-217: RB, Chris Thompson, Florida St.
The Indianapolis Seminoles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State- He was the number two guy on our board after Lewan. Although Dwan Edwards has proved a good investment, he's an under tackle and we still needed a true nose tackle. Hankins is just that, he'll be able to eat up blockers, freeing up our pass rushers and Kuechly to make more plays.

2. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama- You can't call Byron Bell a bust of any sorts considering that we picked him up as UDFA, but he isn't the solution at right tackle. Fluker can be. He doesn't have the foot speed to play the left side, and may occasionally need assistance when going up against premier edge rushers, but he nonetheless projects well for the right side. Cam Newton was the most hit passer this year, and our running game was not the threat we wanted it to be, and Fluker can help fix both problems.

3. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt- Steve Smith is looking more and more immortal, but on the off chance he does actually plan to retire at some point, we need a replacement. LaFell is a decent number two but in no way should be a primary receiver, and we don't have much after. Matthews is an underrated prospect in my opinion, he has everything you want from a receiver, good size, speed, hands, and route-running ability. I honestly think he could start from day one.

4. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia- Our secondary is trash, masked only because of the pass rush we can generate. We don't want to rely on the likes of Nakamura patrolling next year. Rambo is a true deep safety, with the athleticism and ball skills to range sideline to sideline. He was a borderline first round prospect going into his senior year, dropped because of a four-game suspension and a slight dip in play. But he really stepped up towards the end, showing why he had so much hype. He's a true playmaker and with some development could easily become a quality starter for us.

5. Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State- Gamble is aging and has contract issues, Captain Munnerlyn is decent but should only play the nickel, and Josh Norman is still an unknown, so another corner definitely would benefit us. Adams is a great collegiate playmaker with heaps of starting experience, and even if his press clippings don't necessarily indicate his worth as a prospect, in the fifth I think he was a quality pick-up.

6. Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M- Not sure if we actually picked him or Matt took him for us, but with trading away DeAngelo Williams, another running back was definitely needed. He's been troubled by numerous injuries, but he's got great potential. He has the potential to end up like a fellow five-star running back from his recruiting class, Bryce Brown, finding more success in the pros than in college.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Should I pick for Tampa Bay? They've already missed a number of picks, including one today.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk lol...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
idk lol...
Alright, I sent him a PM but who knows if he'll be around. He didn't give me a cell phone number and was online when I sent him two PMs for his earlier pick.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

might as well spam here

http://goo.gl/i9tph

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

So what's the ratio of people who want to do UDFA vs. people who want to finish the draft after seven rounds like?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Dee Milliner - I had Milliner and Ansah rated pretty closely, but I needed the secondary help much more. I think #5 might have been a bit high, but I wasn't going to be able to trade down, especially in a draft with only one elite prospect. Despite the fact that the Lions secondary is awful, Chris Houston has actually been very good since coming to Detroit. Milliner is an instant starter on the opposite side of Houston and can make Lions fans comfortable about their corners for the foreseeable future.

2. Da'Rick Rogers - Rogers was probably a bit of a reach, and not a choice the Lions are likely to make in real life due to character, but receivers flew off the board quicker than I had anticipated. I tried to trade up for two different receivers at various points, but those deals never materialized. Overall, I'm not disappointed with the pick. I think if Da'Rick can keep out of trouble, he'll be a fantastic player. The Lions really need someone to play opposite Calvin Johnson. Titus Young is probably done as a Lion and Nate Burleson is getting old, coming off a torn ACL, and has a pretty big cap number next year.

3. D.J. Swearinger - He was someone that I really wanted. More secondary help for the Lions. Swearinger is really strong in coverage and is a huge hitter. South Carolina even played him at cornerback at some points during the season. Draft Swearinger to be the Free Safety and moving to Delmas to Strong Safety, where is probably a better fit

4. Kenjon Barner - Barner is a guy who I think is a prefect fit for the Lions. His skill-set is similar to Jahvid Best and I think he'd be a great replacement. He would offer massive improvement as a returner, where Stefan Logan is not getting it done. I see Barner getting 5-10 touches per game on offense and being a huge factor on special teams.

4. Zaviar Gooden - I didn't see any immediate starters for the Lions at this point in the draft, so I went with a high-upside linebacker. Gooden is somewhat of a boom/bust prospect, but at worst will be a solid special teamer with his size and speed.

5. Cornelius Washington - He's someone who I could've gotten later, but he's a personal favorite of mine and didn't want to risk missing out on. Washington is a bit of a DE/LB tweener. He's probably never going to be a starter, but he's a guy who could play specific roles at both positions for the Lions. He's a ridiculous athlete and a very good pass rusher who has also shown well in coverage, but he's completely awful against the run. I envision him as a mostly third down player, who can rush the passer or cover athletic tight ends

7. David Bass - At this point in the draft, I just went with a high upside pass rusher. He will likely have to "redshirt," but his combination of length and athleticism make him worth the risk this late in the draft.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote