Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-18-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I keep coming back to what the Browns would be doing right now had they gone Dez over Haden. Hillis-Bryant would be as good a pair of playmakers in the league as any. And now with the emergence of our rook QB...ahhh I'm pretty sure Holmgren would have taken him but Mangini likely wanted no part of the "questionable" Dez Bryant.
There were probably alot of teams who should have taken him, but your right he would be pretty perfect for what Colt needs right now. Dez was ready to step in and be the #1 WR right away for any team, no reason he should have fell as far as he did.

Some things didn't help him any, like forgetting his cleats, being out of shape from no football play, people didn't want to end up with a Mike Williams situation. It didn't take him long to get his legs back under him though, that was taken care of by Training Camp.

They'll be alot of teams in hindsight who probably should have taken him, but prior Cleveland, Buffalo, and San Diego made a ton of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never even thought about which teams might regret not taking him.

Luckily we have a GM who knows what he wants and knows how to get it. When everyone complained that we needed to draft a LT, Jerry went out, got Dez and showed the world that Doug Free ain't the chump they thought he was.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry was still haunted by the Randy Moss nightmare of so many years ago that he was going to push for Dez as hard as he could. I'm glad he did.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez is homegrown too, Jerry is always a sucker for Texas guys. But I think we always pursue the draft that way, we did with Mike Jenkins also. Can you guys just imagine Dez on someone like the Ravens? And we would be sitting around thinking "what if" and would still need another WR.

Thank goodness because I still don't know what to make of that last draft, which is why the upcoming one scares me. We need so many starters now, that trying to rely on getting 3-5 starters out of the draft is unrealistic.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Here is to hoping Dez becomes one of the all time greats. Should be one of the great dallas cowboys.

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 01-19-2011 at 06:24 PM.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
JustDezIT
Rookie

JustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJustDezIT is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I can't find the words to describe my man love for this guy. It's borderline ****.

He'll break tons of records. Hopefully as a Boy'.

<3 <3
JustDezIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since Dez has blown up the boards I guess I'll drop a bit of appreciation here. He's not great yet, but there is a really good chance that he will be next year. All he really needs is time and a QB that will get him the ball. I saw that Romo really wanted to click with him last year before getting hurt, so I'm not worried about that. Austin is probably really anxious to prove doubters wrong after his stats slipped without his guy throwing to him all year, so Dez will benefit from having other weapons to take the attention away from him.

He is in the best type of situation for a young receiver to be in, so I have tons of faith that he'll become the elite guy he flashed last year eventually. He just needs to stay healthy and focused.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved them talking about Dez during the WR drills at the combine. Makes he super excited to get him back connecting with Mr. Romo!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
That is a freaking awesome share! Thanks!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
HITR94
Rookie

HITR94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love how Dez is still getting grilled in the media for his getting kicked out of a mall, while stories of Packers getting caught with drugs, or Buc's players (and mothers) shooting at people have already fallen off the radar.

Regarding Dez himself, the guy will break Michael Irvins team records.

This will be because of his insane talent and passion, as well as him likely playing a much more pass heavy offense.
HITR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

**** it. I know we've talked about it some but I just wanted to bump this to enjoy his run lately. My oh my how things have turned since the Bears game in October.

It's pretty amazing that through 9 weeks he had only scored a touchdown in 1 game to that point, but in the last 4 games he's gotten 6 TD's. That's pretty freakish. All the conditioning issues? He's shown up in numerous second halves and 4th quarters this year. He's also had over 80 yards 8 times this year, so he's been a consistent threat week to week.

This 4 week stretch is an example of how dominant he can truly be when he's honed in.

Quote:
Right now there isn't a better player on the roster. The reformed knucklehead receiver -- or the guy who has at least done a lot of growing up recently -- is one of the biggest reasons the Cowboys have any hope of surviving this regular season.

The Dez discussion is no longer dominated by unfulfilled potential. It's all about his Pro Bowl-caliber production now.

Look what the dude has done while the Cowboys won three of the last four games. His sick numbers in that span: 29 catches for 475 yards and six touchdowns.

The Cowboys, who have to win out to give themselves a really good chance of making the playoffs, desperately need Bryant to keep being that kind of beast. They're depending on consistent Dez dominance.

cont'd....
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...s-playoff-hunt

Quote:
Against the Eagles, Dez flashed both his speed and his brawn.

His 23-yard touchdown catch on the first possession of the second half sparked a Cowboys rally. Quarterback Tony Romo had to evade pressure before finding Bryant, who smartly drifted into an open area.

In the fourth quarter, on a third-and-two at the Cowboys' 22-yard line, Bryant beat press coverage for a 35-yard gain.

That set up Bryant for a go-ahead touchdown, a six-yarder that required him to use his 6-2, 220-pound frame to fight through a tackler to the end zone.

"Tony, he believes in me and I want that to increase more," Bryant said. "It's just all about being focused and not losing composure, and just doing what's right. If he calls his plays and I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, not doing anything different, that makes a difference."

Bryant also made a spectacular sideline grab, despite tight coverage in the first half. It was the only time Romo threw his way in the first half and it came with 2:06 left.

In the past, that kind of half might have frustrated Bryant, who has been known to be demonstrative on the sideline when passes are coming his way.

This time, there was no frustration.

"Not one bit," said Bryant. "I know when my number is called, hey, I'm going to do my job, just like everybody else. I knew it was going to come, and it did."

Earlier this season, it was an almost regular occurrence for Romo or receivers coach Jimmy Robinson to have stern conversations with Bryant after a miscommunication on a play. Against the Eagles, the TV cameras showed Robinson putting a congratulatory arm around Bryant.

"I understand now," Bryant said. "You've got to know what you're doing.

cont'd.....
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/12...33&feedID=9236

Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dez Bryant didn't have a whole lot to say after the best statistical day of his career.

The Cowboys receiver took no satisfaction in catching nine passes for a career-best 224 yards and a pair of 58-yard touchdowns. Not after a 34-31 overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints.

"I ain't got nothing," Bryant said as he walked briskly out of the locker room to an elevator Sunday. "I'm speechless, man."

The Saints simply couldn't stop Bryant in the first half, when he had five catches for 145 yards, matching his career high. He burned cornerback Patrick Robinson twice for big plays, beating him on a deep ball for his first touchdown and breaking two tackles after catching a slant for his second score.

There's a long list of impressive numbers produced by Bryant:

His 224 receiving yards against the Saints are the fourth most in franchise history.

He has touchdown catches in seven straight games, matching the club record held by Frank Clarke, Bob Hayes and Terrell Owens.

Bryant leads the NFL with 10 touchdown catches in the last seven games, producing 808 yards on 46 catches in that span.

Bryant has blown away his previous career highs with 1,311 receiving yards and 12 touchdown catches this season, which rank seventh and tied for fifth in franchise history, respectively.

cont'd....
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ted-career-day

Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WITH a broken finger***.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Dez was a beast this past season. Playing hurt as effective as he did was incredible, and I think the guy has a great future due to the fact that he seems like he loves to play. A ton of guys would have quit when their finger was broken, but Dez put it all out there.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

You da man. I had been waiting for one of these, I found one months ago but they didn't have the full season. The way this started was classic lol, definately gonna watch this a ton.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Dez Bryant eyes 2,000-yard mark

Quote:
"That's still scratching the surface," Bryant said in a telephone interview with ESPNDallas.com. "It's only going to get better, to be honest. I still have a lot to give. I feel like nobody's seen anything. Nothing.

"I feel like it can be a lot more than that. That's just being honest. I honestly feel like [2,000 yards and 20 touchdowns] can potentially happen."
Quote:
"It just makes you want it even more," Bryant said. "I'm so confident. I view myself as an up-and-coming leader. That's how I view myself.

"With that attitude, you have to feel like anything's possible. That's how I feel."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...t-2000-yard-wr
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it. The best part is that projecting out his last eight games across the full season it would of been the greatest in NFL history.

100 catches and 1758 yards. Insanity.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Love it. The best part is that projecting out his last eight games across the full season it would of been the greatest in NFL history.

100 catches and 1758 yards. Insanity.
The crazy thing, he really is just scratching the surface of his potential. I don't know about 2K yards, but if he stays focused and keeps that trust with Romo he's gonna have a monster year.

There are only a handful of players in the NFL that are capable of taking over a game, and Dez is one of them.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This will be the thing to ***** about this season for Dez haters. Either people will say that he's too cocky for thinking that a 2,000 yard season is possible, or they'll say that he can't keep his own hype if he beasts but falls short at something like 1,600. lol

Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Best part about that is how he views himself as a leader on this team. He embraces that role. Witten, Romo, those guys took him under their wings and now that he's arrived he wants to be seen as one of those guys. Really impressive to hear him talk like that, not just solely focusing on stats but his impact as a vocal leader.

His full season numbers are that much better considering he didn't really get into a groove until mid way through.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
OXNARD, Calif. There was a point this spring, as the Dallas Cowboys went through their voluntary offseason workouts, that Dez Bryant had an epiphany.

It came when younger receivers -- the rookies and second-year guys -- started seeking out Bryant for advice and asking questions about specific parts of the Cowboys offense. It felt good, Bryant said, not just to be asked, but to also know the answers.

"I view myself differently," Bryant told USA TODAY Sports. "I feel like I have to be on top of my game. I look at myself of a co-leader of this team, so I have to make sure my stuff is right, to make sure everybody else is right. I feel like the role that I'm playing you have to be mature and you have to be accountable, and you have to hold other guys accountable too."

Wait, did Bryant say he's a leader? On a team with a veteran franchise quarterback (Tony Romo), the reigning NFL Man of the Year (Jason Witten), and an All-Pro pass rusher (DeMarcus Ware)?

Believe it.

"He's the man," receiver Miles Austin said. "He's the man. Great teammate. Nothing but good things to say about him."

Now 24, and heading into his fourth season since he was drafted at No. 24 in 2010, Bryant is trying to act, and perform, like a veteran. He had a dozen touchdown passes last year, along with 1,382 receiving yards and 92 catches, and though he won't say his individual goals, he knows that the more productive he is, the better the Cowboys will be.

"I've got to keep doing the things I'm doing, keep working hard, and not letting anything distract me," Bryant said.

Bryant has tried to keep a low profile off the field here in Oxnard. He'll sign a few autographs for kids he spots wearing his jersey, but he spends his time after practice running extra routes or in the weight room. He's declined several interview requests, and jogged past a crowd of television cameras.

It has been a remarkably drama-free offseason and preseason for Bryant, a player who always seemed to create unwanted headlines earlier in his career, from his rookie training camp when he refused to a carry veteran receiver Roy Williams' shoulder pads off the field, to his arrest on a family violence charge just before training camp last season. Charges were never filed in that incident.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has noticed a greater sense of focus from Bryant. From where Jones watches practice in a makeshift suite in a tower above the Cowboys' practice field in Oxnard, he's seen Bryant give the Dallas defense fits.

"He's really getting into the team thing, and he's really making the most of his reps," Jones said. "He recognizes that he's being counted on, and he's out there practicing responsibly."

cont'd...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eader/2632257/

Quote: