Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he had time to get all pieces for his defense. The Cbs stunk, and when he got it, everyone else hit IR. Not much you can do if that happens. Then he gets fired for Romo's unclutch performance.

He is not perfect, like the Cincy game and personal foul was just stupid.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yup and those days are long gone, unless he can do something amazing, I don't see success in a new system. And let's say he is successful, how long will it take? How many windows close in the mean time? Romo isn't getting younger.

That's a fair feeling. I don't think Ryan should have been fired for Romo screwing up in yet another big game. Ryan was the least of the issues considering the injuries on that side of the ball.

The thing I like actually is this new hire and system change, the injury to Bob will be a thing to watch, and the Eagles have to start from scratch now. So I think our division has some issues and changes which make things interesting for next season.
Hahaha, I was like who's Bob? I might have to call him Bob Griffin from now on. LOL!

The firing of Rob had more to do with Jerry turning over the control to Jason, imo. Jason's being given the big boy pants now. If it doesn't work, it's all on him. I believe Kiffin was more of a Kiffin hire than a Jerry hire too. ...and I bet damn well, we're not getting a new OC. Jason's going to sink or swim "his way".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hahaha, I was like who's Bob? I might have to call him Bob Griffin from now on. LOL!

The firing of Rob had more to do with Jerry turning over the control to Jason, imo. Jason's being given the big boy pants now. If it doesn't work, it's all on him. I believe Kiffin was more of a Kiffin hire than a Jerry hire too. ...and I bet damn well, we're not getting a new OC. Jason's going to sink or swim "his way".

Hahah! Yeah Osi called him Bob, and that's what our fan base calls him, or BBI where I post. I am not calling Bob by his stupid marketing nickname. Screw that! I am calling him Bob.

I think Jason always had control, which I have stated when people thought he would be fired. I knew he wasn't going to be fired, and I am sure some Cowboys fans and media people are surprised why. It has to do with family ties, considering you have 3 Garretts working for your franchise. LOL. Prior, it was 4, because old man garrett was a scout there.

You build relationships and connections that way. I think next year will be do or die. If you guys stink, and he doesn't get fired, I'd admit I would be very surprised by that.

The thing is how long does it take? Who is the leader or has the edge in the division now? Us by default because we stink the least due to stability? LOL. Eagles are starting from zero and have no franchise QB. You guys are going through a system change, and Bob is broken.

We haven issues too like tons of free agents we have to make tough decisions on. 13 altogether I reckon. And we have a stupid DC, but it would seem by default the Eagles and Skins now have issues.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...dallas-cowboys

The end of this clip in encouraging, Ed Werder says that indications are Garrett will be officially stripped of play calling on offense. I know it is something we are all looking for. I'm not sure if I like Callahan as an offensive co unless we get another quality line coach to help work the kinks out. No way Norv comes here if he keeps being courted as a head coach.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well my worse fear was:

Garrett, Norv Turner and Air C system, and blitz happy ryan

That would have been a brutal set of schemes I didn't want to face. Now Turner is going to the Browns, so strip whatever you want now. Kiffin and a new system I am not sold on.

Who is the RB coach?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...dallas-cowboys

The end of this clip in encouraging, Ed Werder says that indications are Garrett will be officially stripped of play calling on offense. I know it is something we are all looking for. I'm not sure if I like Callahan as an offensive co unless we get another quality line coach to help work the kinks out. No way Norv comes here if he keeps being courted as a head coach.
i would shocked if turner gets a HC job THIS YEAR, but dallas would be a good spot if tony has his best season under him and win a playoff game or 2 and be credited with turning around tony romo, he would be hot name again in 2014 or 2015
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well my worse fear was:

Garrett, Norv Turner and Air C system, and blitz happy ryan

That would have been a brutal set of schemes I didn't want to face. Now Turner is going to the Browns, so strip whatever you want now. Kiffin and a new system I am not sold on.

Who is the RB coach?
don't worry as long as dez keeps himself out of trouble this offeseason he will surely give you all the nightmares you can handle
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
don't worry as long as dez keeps himself out of trouble this offeseason he will surely give you all the nightmares you can handle
I am not too worried about him. He is a good WR but let's see him not get in trouble first. Jason W. is the guy that is a pain to watch make catch after catch. That's the guy, not Dez. I could careless about Dez or Miles. Murray is an interesting player who I want to see, if he stays healthy.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I am not too worried about him. He is a good WR but let's see him not get in trouble first. Jason W. is the guy that is a pain to watch make catch after catch. That's the guy, not Dez. I could careless about Dez or Miles. Murray is an interesting player who I want to see, if he stays healthy.
you guys should fear any receiver that lines up across from webster and amukamara, tebow coulda beat webster the way he played last year

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-11-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
you guys should fear any receiver that lines up across from webster and amukamara, tebow coulda beat webster the way he played last year
Webster played poorly no doubt. But then again he is 30. We relied on him too much and this year he let us down. But then again, I didn't expect much since our DL was useless and Perry Fewell doesn't understand what blitzing is.

But that's why this off season is important with the 13 or so FA. We have to see who we re-sign and who we let go.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Webster played poorly no doubt. But then again he is 30. We relied on him too much and this year he let us down. But then again, I didn't expect much since our DL was useless and Perry Fewell doesn't understand what blitzing is.

But that's why this off season is important with the 13 or so FA. We have to see who we re-sign and who we let go.
This conversation makes no difference unless we square the O-line away because no one is getting the ball from Tony if its NASCAR season in the backfield.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What are the odds you think you guys draft a OL player this draft? I am hoping we do badly. I think we can use a new OG or OT.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
What are the odds you think you guys draft a OL player this draft? I am hoping we do badly. I think we can use a new OG or OT.
I think they will almost definitely draft someone somewhere in the draft the question is where. We need to stop playing around with these mid round projects and finally bust the cherry on some top shelf talent on the interior line.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we got a new DC, so everybody likes to talk about helping him with our first round pick, but I don't see it. I think it's going to be offense... specifically offensive line. Garrett's gonna get it done this year.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think they will almost definitely draft someone somewhere in the draft the question is where. We need to stop playing around with these mid round projects and finally bust the cherry on some top shelf talent on the interior line.
That's like something I'd say to BBD. Tired of mid round project picks who don't pan out. We need to go big and draft a OL player to better pass protect and run the ball.

I'd be very annoyed if we drafted DE.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly think we'll be drafting BPANP (Best Player Available at Needed Position).

Pretty much the highest player on our board that players Center, Guard, Right Tackle, Defensive End, or Free Safety.

If Cooper or Warmock are available I think we'll pull the trigger. After that it becomes hazy.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't sign Spencer it could be a pass rushing de

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams just hired Rob Ryan. Good or bad? I'm sure you guys would know a lot more about him than I would.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams just hired Rob Ryan. Good or bad? I'm sure you guys would know a lot more about him than I would.
At they going 3-4?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
At they going 3-4?
They have the personel for it Brockers and Langford would make good 5techs. I'm pretty sure Chris Long played 5-tech for Al Groh when he was at Virginia but may be able to stand up on the strong side. Robert Quinn can rush from a two point stance. Jenkins and Finnegan are his type of corners.

All they need is to add a NT in the draft and they would be fine.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Hah. That really WAS 5 min! He's the man. He's good at making adjustments and you guys will be better on defense next season. Cowboys made a mistake but we like to be hopeful around here. It's a sickness. We love to set ourselves up for failure. While the rest of the league is going away from the Tampa 2, we're charging right for it. It's laughable. Kiffin hasn't been relevant for a long time because the game has changed. But that's OK. He's got a good resume. 2002 isn't that far away right?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, Cole Beasly retweeted me:
@Bease11 your hair is a mix between fergie and baby jesus

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Hey D, any chance we could pry Norm Chow away from Hawaii after a horrible first season as HC. I'd love him to come in and design a scheme around our young players and he has always been QB friendly everywhere he has been.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total Players drafted by Dallas from 2009 to 2012 is : 33
Players Still on roster : 17
DPR Rate : 51.52%

This rate is dead last in the NFL. Jerry keeps firing the wrong person SMH!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Total Players drafted by Dallas from 2009 to 2012 is : 33
Players Still on roster : 17
DPR Rate : 51.52%

This rate is dead last in the NFL. Jerry keeps firing the wrong person SMH!!
I'm not trying to defend him (yuck), but the 2009 class would bring any team down to lowest DPR rate. 09 was all time bad.