Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Puretalent
Rookie

Puretalent hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kevin Reddick from UNC is some one Im liking for the gmen in the 2or 3rd rds.
Don't think reese will draft a de in the first. Don't see tuck going anywhere. So Im more hoping a Warmack makes it to 19. Beatty and Warmack would solve the left side for a good while.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to get Warmack or Warford. Both are just so good at pulling despite their massive frames and great natural power. That said I'd still rather snag an Ansah or Jordan in the first and hope Warford lasts til the second.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed. and before people say no chance Warmack falls, let's remember how Decastro fell last year and he was one of the best guard prospects we've ever really seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OT class getting weaker helps the guards move up the board, but I still think that people are slightly over-rating just how high we'll see these awesome guards go.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The OT class getting weaker helps the guards move up the board, but I still think that people are slightly over-rating just how high we'll see these awesome guards go.
agreed. and while we've all realized we've got quite a bit of holes, this draft is deep in positions we need. We can miss out on guys at a certain position and have no problem taking a guy at the other. Deep at guards, Dline and corner makes it pretty nice for us
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
agreed. and while we've all realized we've got quite a bit of holes, this draft is deep in positions we need. We can miss out on guys at a certain position and have no problem taking a guy at the other. Deep at guards, Dline and corner makes it pretty nice for us
Yup, that's why I'm not so fired up for a LB. I'd much rather we take advantage of this draft's depth at OG, DE and DT, to find young studs at those spots than snag just a good young LB.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, normally I'm not someone to hold out hope for guys to fall but because of his position it is very possible Warmack could be at our pick. After watching the 49ers offensive line just DOMINATE I really want to get a top offensive linemen in the draft. Warmack will be a stud. I hope we can get him.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yup, that's why I'm not so fired up for a LB. I'd much rather we take advantage of this draft's depth at OG, DE and DT, to find young studs at those spots than snag just a good young LB.
OR we trade down, grab Khaseem and take full advantage of the depth, obviously
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
OR we trade down, grab Khaseem and take full advantage of the depth, obviously
*shrug* we've got Jacquain and until he's cut, Boley, I'd rather get the better choice of prospects than another tiny LB.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if we take a LB in the second round I want it to be Alec Ogletree if he's at our pick. Dude has huge upside and I loved watching him play at Georgia.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

shhhhhh BECAUSE KHASEEEEEEEEM
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, no offense Scotty. It's just Ogletree has a billion times more upside than Kasheem does.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need another OLB. I think we need a MIKE. JWill should hold down the outside for us.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ogletree is an MIKE. I just fear he will go in the first round because he is so damn good.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Height/weight/speed?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope Fewell fixes his scheme or else it won't matter who we have on this team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

My problem with Ogletree is he's a little guy to

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Even if we did trade back after already getting a DE, DT and OG, I'd want a DB, be it another corner to challenge Webster and Hosley, or a deep safety to back up Kenny.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I just hope Fewell fixes his scheme or else it won't matter who we have on this team.
He won't. Let it go. We're gonna run the same Cover 2 defense next year.

We have to draft better tacklers in the LB core, a CB and possibly S in the secondary, and a pass rusher opposite JPP for the DL for us to be competitive on defense next year. Unless some of these old guys find lightning in a bottle.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Height/weight/speed?
Listed at 6'3 232 with a frame to add more weight. I'm not sure what he's timed at but every game I've seen he FLIES from sideline to sideline. Amazing speed. He takes guys on at the point of attack too.

Against Bama. I like how he sheds some of Bama's linemen during the game. Wasn't his best game necessarily but he had 11 tackles and did a pretty good job.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He won't. Let it go. We're gonna run the same Cover 2 defense next year.

We have to draft better tacklers in the LB core, a CB and possibly S in the secondary, and a pass rusher opposite JPP for the DL for us to be competitive on defense next year. Unless some of these old guys find lightning in a bottle.

I can't let it go! That side of the ball is wasting Eli's prime! We need a better LB coach who can teach these kids who to tackle. We do need a CB, we are fine at safety unless we plan on pushing Rolle out the door.

I talked about this on BBI, but watching these mobile QBs and some running the read option, our DL can't keep getting attention for us. We need to branch to other areas. Also, I do believe the " You never can have too much pass rushers, meaning for me front 4, might be out dated.

We can put Kiwi and Ojomo, and hope our scheme helps us. If we extend Fewell I will flip out!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, no offense Scotty. It's just Ogletree has a billion times more upside than Kasheem does.
I like Ogletree and would love the pick but I disagree with you on upside considering that's a huge part of Khaseem's upside. Dude's only been a LB for 2 years now haha. He's only gonna get better.

Ogletree fits better as a MIKE, obviously. Khaseem will be a stud WILL somewhere. Not here most likely, i know that. i just keep saying khaseem because i love him. Ogletree would be fine, but I REALLY wanna work the trenches and nab a corner early
Quote:
Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I just don't think Kasheem has the size to become a dominant LB. I think he'll be a good, solid player though.

I want to work on the trenches and corner as well. We agree there for sure. If Ogletree (somehow) ever fell to our second pick I wouldn't mind grabbing him at all.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Ogletree also so I'd be very happy with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the depth in this year's draft, I think we can probably still get a good LB in the 3rd/4th rounds.

If we can't get Ansah, I would rather look at the offensive line.
A rotation of Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Kiwanuka and Tracy/Ojomo/Trattou is solid.

The guy I like is Barrett Jones, he can play any of our oline positions. We could plug him in at LG for a couple of years and groom him as Baas's successor.

I do think with the uncertainty around Corey Webster and Terrel Thomas, we need to look at corner and there should be very good options in the 2nd and third rounds.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote