Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Nebraska game today, defensive end Eric Martin has stood out big time...he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 250 pounds but he possesses a tremendous motor, has a good burst off the snap and has even shown the ability to utilize the bull rush...he's been a guy who's always been a DE/OLB tweener in their defense and has stood out on special teams ever since his arrival

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Watching the Nebraska game today, defensive end Eric Martin has stood out big time...he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 250 pounds but he possesses a tremendous motor, has a good burst off the snap and has even shown the ability to utilize the bull rush...he's been a guy who's always been a DE/OLB tweener in their defense and has stood out on special teams ever since his arrival
He just killed the Iowa OL today. This is what is so nice about the 3-4....a guy like this probably isn't a 4-3 DE or OLB, but turn him into a 3/4 OLB, and he could be a player. I agree with you, he is the kind of guy that you want on your team.

On another note, I really like Micah Hyde. He is a guy that could be a 4th or 5th round pick, but could make an impact either as a FS or CB.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the kicker class actually looks strong...i nominate Dustin Hopkins

Old 11-25-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

if Derek Sherrod's future looks uncertain, health-wise, at year's end, left tackle may be a position the team has no choice but to address.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if Derek Sherrod's future looks uncertain, health-wise, at year's end, left tackle may be a position the team has no choice but to address.
Was just thinking that. Really sucks that it is two years in and we haven't even really gotten a chance to see if Sherrod can be that guy.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just at WalterFootball and saw his latest mock for us. I was wondering what people think of this.

Rd 1. Keenan Allen, WR
Rd 2. Eddie Lacy, Rb
Rd 3. Dion Sims, TE

I would really like to see us draft Dline/Oline in the first. Also I really like Zach Ertz.

Dream Scenario Jake Matthews falls to us and we trade back up and get Gio Benard.

Last edited by CheeseKnuckles : 12-17-2012 at 09:18 PM.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I was just at WalterFootball and saw his latest mock for us. I was wondering what people think of this.

Rd 1. Keenan Allen, WR
Rd 2. Eddie Lacy, Rb
Rd 3. Dion Sims, TE

I would really like to see us draft Dline/Oline in the first. Also I really like Zach Ertz.

Dream Scenario Jake Matthews falls to us and we trade back up and get Gio Benard.
I like Eddie Lacy quite a bit (more than I liked Mark Ingram as a prospect) but I'm not too excited about the other selection. If Allen is there in round one then he's a tremendous value, but receiver is probably the last position we need to address on this team, especially given some of the significant holes this team has. Left tackle and center need to be addressed along the offensive line and we still need re-enforcements upfront on the defensive line and could use an additional pass rusher.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Eddie Lacy quite a bit (more than I liked Mark Ingram as a prospect) but I'm not too excited about the other selection. If Allen is there in round one then he's a tremendous value, but receiver is probably the last position we need to address on this team, especially given some of the significant holes this team has. Left tackle and center need to be addressed along the offensive line and we still need re-enforcements upfront on the defensive line and could use an additional pass rusher.
Yeah we have good WR's ready to play now, who can't get balls thrown to them, or even get in.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I like:

Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Tavarres King, WR, Georgia
Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Jonathan Cooper, OG/C, North Carolina
Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut
Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky
David Amerson, FS, North Carolina State
Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Was just thinking that. Really sucks that it is two years in and we haven't even really gotten a chance to see if Sherrod can be that guy.
I doubt we'd draft a tackle in the first round without seeing Sherrod play first.

Quote:
I'm not really a huge fan of Bernard and i'm not sure why everyone likes him so much.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been sitting around looking at the draft (Broke my foot)

I put together a little wish list for the 1st three rounds.

Rd. 1 - Jake Matthews OT - I know we have Sherrod and Newhouse at LT, but if this EDS experiment works we need to soldify the O-Line. I just don't have faith in either guy right now. Sherrod's development has been hampered and we don't know what will be coming back.

Alternate pick: Terrance Williams, Wr or David Amerson, S/CB

Rd. 2 - Joseph Randle, RB - I'm not sure Randle would be available where we might pick in round two, but I have this feeling he might drop. It seems his popularity has dropped a little bit.

Alternate Pick: William Gholston, DE or Zach Ertz, TE

Rd. 3 - Quinton Patton - Just like the speed this guy shows. Good route runner as well.

Alternate pick: Margus Hunt, DE or Kenjon Barner, RB

Sorry I'm bored...
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of those guys will be available where you drafted them. Would be nice though.

I'll have my own little fantasy draft:

Round 1 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - This guy is a stud. He's basically Randall Cobb but 6'2 and a legit #1 receiver. He'll probbly end up going top 15, but it's nice to dream.

*Trade back into the first (next years first and this years second)*

Round 1 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Another stud. Already better than Jermichael Finley and with Patterson as well, our offense would be crazy.

Round 3 - Khaled Holmes, C, USC - Not overly athletic or stong, but would fit in our offense and we need a center.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't think any of those guys will be available where you drafted them. Would be nice though.

I'll have my own little fantasy draft:

Round 1 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - This guy is a stud. He's basically Randall Cobb but 6'2 and a legit #1 receiver. He'll probbly end up going top 15, but it's nice to dream.

*Trade back into the first (next years first and this years second)*

Round 1 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Another stud. Already better than Jermichael Finley and with Patterson as well, our offense would be crazy.

Round 3 - Khaled Holmes, C, USC - Not overly athletic or stong, but would fit in our offense and we need a center.
Yeah thats why I said "wish list", a guy can hope right? I like your first two selections, but not a big fan of Holmes.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah thats why I said "wish list", a guy can hope right? I like your first two selections, but not a big fan of Holmes.
Yeah, I didn't really know who to pick there. I was thinking about Kenjon Barner there as well though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Whats your opinion on Sheldon Richardson and Cj Mosley... I've seen both of those players mocked to us as well. Both play postions we could use.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Mosley is going back to school.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whats your opinion on Sheldon Richardson and Cj Mosley... I've seen both of those players mocked to us as well. Both play postions we could use.
I really like sheldon richardson. athletic defensive lineman who reguarly disrupts the backfield. probably better suited to a 4-3, but so was jerel worthy.

i'm not sure how much we need him though. we have raji, worthy, neal, daniels and wilson who are all relatively young.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-21-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I really like sheldon richardson. athletic defensive lineman who reguarly disrupts the backfield. probably better suited to a 4-3, but so was jerel worthy.

i'm not sure how much we need him though. we have raji, worthy, neal, daniels and wilson who are all relatively young.
We lack a guy who is disruptive on the defensive line and Capers doesn't have his ends necessarily line up in a traditional five technique along our line so a guy like Richardson could serve some value for us. With that said I don't think he'll be available anyways; could easily see him off the board in the top 20.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Here's a response I made to a mock draft giving us Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Quote:
The Packers appear to be set on releasing Jermichael Finley, but I don't think that changes how much they truly desire a new tight end for the team. McCarthy's offense has always been centered around the receivers and the tight end position, when the offense is running best, is more of a niche position. The team will return with DJ Williams, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, and Brandon Bostick, who has gotten high marks on the practice squad, and I can almost guarantee they'll be more than thrilled with those four as their options for next season.

The running back position gets a ton of criticism and it will likely be addressed during the draft but I don't see the first round being the time.

The offensive line has had issues at times, but they seem to be figuring things out with Lang lining up at LG, Evan Dietrich-Smith at C, Josh Sitton at RG, and Don Barclay at RT (Bulaga will also be returning next season). Marshall Newhouse at LT might be replaced or the team may even go with a competition between Bulaga and Sherrod next season to see if one of them can beat him out.

The defensive line could certainly stand to apply more pressure. BJ Raji is obviously the anchor along the line. Ryan Pickett is at the end of his career so I'm guessing he'll be out next year. Youngsters Mike Neal, Jerel Worthy, and Mike Daniels have shown ability at times but have been far from consistent performers when they actually see the field. CJ Wilson will battle for a spot next year as well. I could see an addition here as well, but I don't see the team feeling it's urgent enough to go early with it given all the youth.

Linebackers seem fairly set for next season with Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, and Perry likely being the starters (assuming everyone recovers from their injuries). Brad Jones has played well inside for the team. Erik Walden and Dezman Moses have had their bright spots throughout the season. Ultimately I could see them going for another pass rushing backer in round one.

In the secondary Casey Hayward, Sam Shields, and Davon House have proven to be dependable on the field when healthy, and factoring in Tramon Williams, the team is set at corner moving forward. The safety position might be the most shaky position on the team with Morgan Burnett having his good and bad weeks along with the youth of MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian. I feel the safety position should and could get a look in round one. They desperately need a difference maker at the position.

Ranking the Packers' top needs

1. Safety
2. Left Tackle
3. Outside Linebacker
4. Running Back
5. Defensive Line

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Thoughts on the Forum Mock I just did?

#27 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
#59 - Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
#107 - Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut
#123 - Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee-Martin
#132 - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
#134 - Micah Hyde, FS, Iowa
#155 - Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
#187 - Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida

I'll give some explanation:

Cordarrelle Patterson - BPA, imo and is kind of a need with Jennings looking more and more likely to leave this offseason. Unbelievable talent as a receiver, return man AND running back. Just an amazing offensive weapon. Think of a 6'2 Percy Harvin.

Giovani Bernard - Wasn't really planning on taking a running back, but my opinion has changed on Bernard. I think he's the best back in this class and great value at the end of the second round.

Trevardo Williams - Our very own Bruce Irvin. Nick Perry is solid and I still have high hopes for him, but Trevardo is a different player and would be brought in when we're looking for some extra speed in pass rush situations.

Montari Hughes - Talented, big nose tackle, but off the field issues got him kicked out of Tennessee. Would be the next big guy after Raji assuming Pickett is gone this offseason.

Gavin Escobar - I traded Jermichael for a 5th lol. Good saying as it's either trade him or cut him. Escobar is a dynamic receiver from the TE position so I couldn't miss the chance to get him in the 5th round. Could end up going on the 2nd day of the draft.

Micah Hyde - Corner converted to safety. Good ball skills, good tackler, good size/speed. Very solid player that would battle for backup behind Burnett and possibly a starting role once Woodson moves out of safety.

Xavier Nixon - I didn't like any of the center's available, and we have EDS who is (kind of) serviceable at worst. Went with Nixon cause of the potential (and partly because we share the same first name) and hopefully we can move Barclay to guard to create more depth.

Caleb Sturgis - Mason Crosby. Nuff said.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any stud kickers like a Blair Walsh or Greg Zuerlein?
I'd be in favor of an earlier pick for someone like those guys if so....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Does Barrett Jones do anything for you guys. The Packers have a need at Center and Jones could even go to Guard if need be.

He pretty versatile which TT likes in his offensive linemen.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Does Barrett Jones do anything for you guys. The Packers have a need at Center and Jones could even go to Guard if need be.

He pretty versatile which TT likes in his offensive linemen.
I am a huge fan of Jones and if we were able to add him, he'd help stabilize the middle of our line, but given some of our other higher needs at left tackle, depth along the defensive front and we'll probably take a receiver early too.

Mario Benavides is a center prospect that I like for the middle rounds.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
I am a huge fan of Jones and if we were able to add him, he'd help stabilize the middle of our line, but given some of our other higher needs at left tackle, depth along the defensive front and we'll probably take a receiver early too.

Mario Benavides is a center prospect that I like for the middle rounds.

I like Mario Benavides as well. First round I think they need to keep drafting for their front 7 defensively. We desperately need an upgrade at ILB over Hawk. I know Ogeltree is an athletic ILB, but I haven't seen him play so I don't know if he would help us or not.

I think the Pack go Oline/Dline/LB in the first round and WR in the 2nd.

These are some of my favs per round they will probably be drafted

Rd. 1 Jake Matthews,OT/Alec Ogeltree, ILB/DeAndre Hopkins, WR
Rd. 2 Aaron Dobson, WR/Sylvester Williams, DE/Eddie Lacy, RB/Phillip Thomas, S/Margus Hunt, DE
Rd. 3 Mario Benavides, C/Mike Gillislee, RB/Quinton Patton, WR
Rd. 4 Micah Hyde, CB/Johnathon Franklin, RB/ Brandon Williams, NT

Anybody like any of these player or know anything on them?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I like Mario Benavides as well. First round I think they need to keep drafting for their front 7 defensively. We desperately need an upgrade at ILB over Hawk. I know Ogeltree is an athletic ILB, but I haven't seen him play so I don't know if he would help us or not.

I think the Pack go Oline/Dline/LB in the first round and WR in the 2nd.

These are some of my favs per round they will probably be drafted

Rd. 1 Jake Matthews,OT/Alec Ogeltree, ILB/DeAndre Hopkins, WR
Rd. 2 Aaron Dobson, WR/Sylvester Williams, DE/Eddie Lacy, RB/Phillip Thomas, S/Margus Hunt, DE
Rd. 3 Mario Benavides, C/Mike Gillislee, RB/Quinton Patton, WR
Rd. 4 Micah Hyde, CB/Johnathon Franklin, RB/ Brandon Williams, NT

Anybody like any of these player or know anything on them?
Round One: Jake Matthews is going back to school and in the 2014 draft he'll probably be a top 10 selection...Ogletree is extremely athletic and would provide us with more range at the inside linebacker spot; having Bishop back next season will help us considerably there...Hopkins is my favorite receiver in the entire draft and if we could land him I'd be excited

Round Two: Dobson is a mid day three selection at this point, not a guy who will go early...Williams has high potential given his size and athletic ability but he was neutralized far too often this season for someone with his talent...Eddie Lacy is my favorite back in this draft and he'd be a great addition to our offense, a three down back...Thomas would provide us with the center field type safety that we need and he's more physical than he's given credit for...Margus Hunt is a look like Tarzan play like Jane prospect; he's great getting off the bus but he may be nothing more than a special teams player and rotational guy

Round Three: Benavides is a guy we discussed above, one of the top centers in this draft...Gillislee is a change of pace back, which we have in Harris currently so I'm not seeing a fit...Patton fits our mold of receiver that TT seems to target so I could definitely see him being selected by us

Round Four: Hyde will make the transition to safety in the NFL and I like his fit there as a center field type...Franklin was extremely productive at UCLA and I like what he brings to the field, underrated prospect...Williams is a guy who will be selected in the second round IMO; a massive and disruptive force along the defensive line

Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Round One: Jake Matthews is going back to school and in the 2014 draft he'll probably be a top 10 selection...Ogletree is extremely athletic and would provide us with more range at the inside linebacker spot; having Bishop back next season will help us considerably there...Hopkins is my favorite receiver in the entire draft and if we could land him I'd be excited

Round Two: Dobson is a mid day three selection at this point, not a guy who will go early...Williams has high potential given his size and athletic ability but he was neutralized far too often this season for someone with his talent...Eddie Lacy is my favorite back in this draft and he'd be a great addition to our offense, a three down back...Thomas would provide us with the center field type safety that we need and he's more physical than he's given credit for...Margus Hunt is a look like Tarzan play like Jane prospect; he's great getting off the bus but he may be nothing more than a special teams player and rotational guy

Round Three: Benavides is a guy we discussed above, one of the top centers in this draft...Gillislee is a change of pace back, which we have in Harris currently so I'm not seeing a fit...Patton fits our mold of receiver that TT seems to target so I could definitely see him being selected by us

Round Four: Hyde will make the transition to safety in the NFL and I like his fit there as a center field type...Franklin was extremely productive at UCLA and I like what he brings to the field, underrated prospect...Williams is a guy who will be selected in the second round IMO; a massive and disruptive force along the defensive line
Nice breakdown... so maybe I would like to see it go like this

Ogeltree
Thomas
Patton
Franklin

From what I have read I think Thomas could be a special player