Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Nice breakdown... so maybe I would like to see it go like this

Ogeltree
Thomas
Patton
Franklin

From what I have read I think Thomas could be a special player
I'd be pretty excited about that draft class...Thomas has the ball skills we currently lack from the safety position but I fear the coaching staff is happy about our options back there currently

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogeltree and Thomas would also add some much needed speed to the D. TT does seem to like his safeties from smaller schools (Collins/McMillian). Just saying I guess :)
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a little but of a physical presence in the D-Backfield.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are officially the 26th overall pick

Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

just did a mock and gave the Packers Stanford TE Zach Ertz in the first round

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55251

Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So out of the desired guys at LB, either inside or outside, who has genuine cover skills?

...and just how good are the TEs who seem to be projected to fall to usd in the 1st Round?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I like for our positions of need:

RB
Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
Montee Ball, Wisconsin
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State
Spencer Ware, LSU
Christine Michael, Texas A&M

WR
Markus Wheaton, Oregon State
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia
Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

TE
Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State

OT
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Travis Long, Oregon
Menelik Watson, Florida State
Reid Fragel, Ohio State

C
Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
Mario Benavides, Louisville

DT
John Jenkins, Georgia
Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern State
Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin

OLB
Jarvis Jones, Georgia (if his injury causes him to drop)
Tank Carradine, Florida State
Michael Buchanan, Illinois
Trevardo Williams, Connecticut

ILB
Arthur Brown, Kansas State
Alec Ogletree, Georgia
Zaviar Gooden, Missouri

S
Duke Williams, Nevada
Micah Hyde, Iowa
David Amerson, North Carolina State
Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-18-2013 at 01:20 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Some guys I like for our positions of need:

Bolded the guys I also like and added a few names

RB
Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
Montee Ball, Wisconsin
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State
Spencer Ware, LSU
Christine Michael, Texas A&M

No Eddie Lacey?

WR
Markus Wheaton, Oregon State
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia
Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Aaron Dobson/Quinton Patton

TE
Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State

Zach Ertz/Zach Sudfeld(spelling)

OT
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Travis Long, Oregon
Reid Fragel, Ohio State

C
Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
Mario Benavides, Louisville

DT
John Jenkins, Georgia
Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern State
Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin

OLB
Jarvis Jones, Georgia (if his injury causes him to drop)
Tank Carradine, Florida State
Michael Buchanan, Illinois
Trevardo Williams, Connecticut

ILB
Arthur Brown, Kansas State
Alec Ogletree, Georgia

Zaviar Gooden, Missouri

Kevin Minter?

S
Duke Williams, Nevada
Micah Hyde, Iowa
David Amerson, North Carolina State
Bacarri Rambo, Georgia
Kenny Vacarro/Thomas Phillips
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy - Not a huge fan. A lot of hype after the NC game which was over the top. Not a home run threat type back which would be better for this offense.

Aaron Dobson - Like him, but don't know if he'll have ability to separate in pro's cause he struggled at Marshall. If it was a later pick, then yes.

Quinton Patton - Same as Dobson really. A guy who I think will go higher than where I value him.

Zach Ertz - Prefer the first 3 guys I listed and wouldn't want him where he's being projected atm. Don't think he has the potential to be as dominating as Eifert, Escobar and to an extent, Kelce.

Kevin Minter - Speed would be the main thing i'd look for in a linebacker. It's what AJ Hawk lacks and what we need out of our linebackers.

Kenny Vacarro - Where he's being projected atm, no way. Not a fan and his tackling is poor. If it was the second then i'd accept it, but still not in love with him.

Just completely forgot about Thomas. My bad.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

OT
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Travis Long, Oregon
Reid Fragel, Ohio State

It's actually Kyle Long, not Travis...with Watson and Fragel they're better suited for the right side so I don't see much of a fit

Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
OT
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Travis Long, Oregon
Reid Fragel, Ohio State

It's actually Kyle Long, not Travis...with Watson and Fragel they're better suited for the right side so I don't see much of a fit
I'm not sure why that would be. They both have the athleticism to make the switch assuming they work at it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm not sure why that would be. They both have the athleticism to make the switch assuming they work at it.
Watson is heavy-footed, not a good quality for the left side, and Fragel may be athletic, converting from tight end, but that doesn't automatically make you a candidate for the left side

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When evaluating prospects, 2 long-time scouts can see something different in a kid that others don't. Obviously.
Here's my question about these prospects, who nobody knows what their future will hold.
We need to get more physical on defense. I think that's obvious to everyone now.

Which of these ILB's and Safety's would never be accused of shying away from contact? Who are the guy's who lay the wood anytime they get a chance?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Which of these ILB's and Safety's would never be accused of shying away from contact? Who are the guy's who lay the wood anytime they get a chance?
ILB

Kevin Minter
Kevin Reddick
AJ Klein

S

Matt Elam
Eric Reid
DJ Swearing

At the safety position I feel we need someone who can play center field more so than come up and make a hit...we have enough in-the-box safeties as is

Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
ILB

Kevin Minter
Kevin Reddick
AJ Klein

S

Matt Elam
Eric Reid
DJ Swearing
Did you watch enough NC State games to know how you would have classified Terrell Manning? I didn't see him all year on defense so I don't know.
Teddy liked him a lot apparently.
Is he the type?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Did you watch enough NC State games to know how you would have classified Terrell Manning? I didn't see him all year on defense so I don't know.
Teddy liked him a lot apparently.
Is he the type?
I didn't see enough on Manning...I thought Audie Cole was actually their greatest enforcer on that NC State defense and most of what I knew about Manning and his progression came from my discussions with Bob McGinn

Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Do you guys agree that taking an OLB in the top 3 rounds is not wise considering this guy: http://packersinsider.com/?p=5243

ILB is far more important. After Bishop, we just have bodies there. No playmaking ability. No thumpers. Hawk is on skates half the time.
He's never been close to a difference-maker. Rarely makes big plays such as Ints or hits for fumbles. We've been waiting though.......
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Do you guys agree that taking an OLB in the top 3 rounds is not wise considering this guy: http://packersinsider.com/?p=5243

ILB is far more important. After Bishop, we just have bodies there. No playmaking ability. No thumpers. Hawk is on skates half the time.
He's never been close to a difference-maker. Rarely makes big plays such as Ints or hits for fumbles. We've been waiting though.......
I saw an article today where a scout likened Perry to Vernon Gholston...i don't necessarily agree with that but I agree in the sense where Perry will never be much a pass rusher, solid run defender though...I would like to add another impact inside linebacker but I don't feel we need to go early with the position

Old 01-19-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Taylor Cooper (Richmond) and Earl Wolff (North Carolina State) are two safeties to keep an eye on from this point forward...both guys received high praise during the Shrine Bowl week of practices

Terron Armstead (Arkansas - Pine Bluff) showed ability as a left tackle...another potential third day guy we may be looking at

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-19-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw an article today where a scout likened Perry to Vernon Gholston...i don't necessarily agree with that but I agree in the sense where Perry will never be much a pass rusher, solid run defender though...I would like to add another impact inside linebacker but I don't feel we need to go early with the position
I saw this article as well, and the comparison was based before he played an NFL game. It went on to say he has already surpassed anything Gholston has done in the league. It mentioned Gholston played like he had no hands, which is unlike how Perry has looked in his limited action.

I do think you cannot have enough pass rushers on a team, and I would love not to see Waldon back on the field again. Drafting another OLB early wouldn't be giving up on Perry IMO, it would be adding another body that can get to the QB. It could also give Capers some new looks he can use.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so I am going to go through the 53 man roster with draft picks (only 7 draft picks - but we will probably get another 4th or 5th rounder)

QB - Arod, Coleman - (2)
RB - Starks, Harris, Green - (3)
FB - Kuhn - (1)
WR - Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Denard Robinson - (5)
TE - Finley, Williams, Quarless, and Taylor - (4)
OT - Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse at LT Chris Faulk/Don Barclay at RT - (5)
OG - Lang, Hugh Thornton, Sitton, Van Roten - (4)
C - Jonathan Cooper, EDS - (2)

Offense - 26

DE - Pickett, Neal, Worthy, William Gholston, CJ Wilson, Daniels - 6
DT - BJ Raji - (1)
OLB - CM3, Perry, Moses, Eric Martin - (4)
ILB - Bishop, Jones, Smith, Manning - (4)
CB - Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush - (5)
FS - Burnett - (1)
SS - Woodson, McMillian, Richardson - (3)

Defense - 24

LS - Goode - (1)
K - Sturgis - (1)
P - Masthay - (1)

Special Teams - 3

Alright, so recap of above:

Jennings goes, Finley stays - I don't care about a JS online report that says Packers are shopping him, I don't buy it. Notice how he played significantly better at the end of the season. The dude is a serious talent and is young.

Hawk goes, Woodson stays - Even though Hawk probably played his best this last year, he is a two down player that costs too much. Woodson probably gets a 3 year deal that reduces his cost.

Draft:

1st Round - Jonathan Cooper, C, UNC - There will be a theme to the early rounds. I am so sick of seeing ARod get beat up, fix the freaking problem. With Lang/Cooper/Sitton, that completely solidifies the OL. Not to mention the player. Cooper helped pave the way for an above average runner that will get overdrafted. Call it an overreaction pick, but I really don't care. A better offensive line = a better Aaron Rodgers, and I am certain of that.

2nd Round - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Road Grader who was out all year with an injury. He could easily have been a 1st rounder if he was healthy. Big dude, but athletic. I am really not seeing a LT prospect worthy of a late 1st, and after the 1st round, I don't see many good LT prospects other than Long. I see Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse battling out for LT. I could also see Fluker in Round 1 and a Center like Frederick in Round 2. Overall, I don't really care, the OL needs to be solidified.

3rd Round - William Gholston, DE, MSU - Another Michigan State product. This is a guy with the height requirement for the 3-4, and will be able to gain good weight to get up to 285-290. I really like the way Gholston stuffs the run. This gives the Packers the flexibility and players needed for the 3-4. Not a need, but Pickett is getting up there in age, Neal has only one season to hang his hat on, Worthy got hurt and was outplayed by Daniels, Daniels is a pure pass rusher but tough competitor, and CJ Wilson was a good run stopper. It is time to solidify the DL, but I thought our DL was overmatched all year.

4th Round - Denard Robinson - WR/RB - Michigan - He probably will go higher than this, but I like the idea of either him or Kenjon Barner being drafted to the Pack. Our top 3 WR's are very good, but after that, the talent level drops. Adding another WR is a must, but I don't think we need to hit up the early rounds for one.

5th Round - Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois - Just a depth pickup here. Again, emphasis on the OL.

6th Round - Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida - Need a Kicker to be drafted, or a different kicker to be brought in to compete against Crosby. Crosby is a good person, but has cost the Packers opportunities to play in overtimes.

7th Round - Eric Martin, OLB, Nebraska - I cannot stand Walden, to me he is like Jarret Bush but not as bad as Bush. He is just a guy that when he is on the field, I know we don't have our best defense on the field. Thus, I think we will draft an OLB at some point.

* To me this draft should be simple, as it was last year: Fix the problems. Our problems were in the trenches, more of which the OL was awful and Arod did not feel comfortable in the pocket.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Alright, so I am going to go through the 53 man roster with draft picks (only 7 draft picks - but we will probably get another 4th or 5th rounder)

QB - Arod, Coleman - (2)
RB - Starks, Harris, Green - (3)
FB - Kuhn - (1)
WR - Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Denard Robinson - (5)
TE - Finley, Williams, Quarless, and Taylor - (4)
OT - Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse at LT Chris Faulk/Don Barclay at RT - (5)
OG - Lang, Hugh Thornton, Sitton, Van Roten - (4)
C - Jonathan Cooper, EDS - (2)

Offense - 26

DE - Pickett, Neal, Worthy, William Gholston, CJ Wilson, Daniels - 6
DT - BJ Raji - (1)
OLB - CM3, Perry, Moses, Eric Martin - (4)
ILB - Bishop, Jones, Smith, Manning - (4)
CB - Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush - (5)
FS - Burnett - (1)
SS - Woodson, McMillian, Richardson - (3)

Defense - 24

LS - Goode - (1)
K - Sturgis - (1)
P - Masthay - (1)

Special Teams - 3

Alright, so recap of above:

Jennings goes, Finley stays - I don't care about a JS online report that says Packers are shopping him, I don't buy it. Notice how he played significantly better at the end of the season. The dude is a serious talent and is young.

Hawk goes, Woodson stays - Even though Hawk probably played his best this last year, he is a two down player that costs too much. Woodson probably gets a 3 year deal that reduces his cost.

Draft:

1st Round - Jonathan Cooper, C, UNC - There will be a theme to the early rounds. I am so sick of seeing ARod get beat up, fix the freaking problem. With Lang/Cooper/Sitton, that completely solidifies the OL. Not to mention the player. Cooper helped pave the way for an above average runner that will get overdrafted. Call it an overreaction pick, but I really don't care. A better offensive line = a better Aaron Rodgers, and I am certain of that.

2nd Round - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU - Road Grader who was out all year with an injury. He could easily have been a 1st rounder if he was healthy. Big dude, but athletic. I am really not seeing a LT prospect worthy of a late 1st, and after the 1st round, I don't see many good LT prospects other than Long. I see Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse battling out for LT. I could also see Fluker in Round 1 and a Center like Frederick in Round 2. Overall, I don't really care, the OL needs to be solidified.

3rd Round - William Gholston, DE, MSU - Another Michigan State product. This is a guy with the height requirement for the 3-4, and will be able to gain good weight to get up to 285-290. I really like the way Gholston stuffs the run. This gives the Packers the flexibility and players needed for the 3-4. Not a need, but Pickett is getting up there in age, Neal has only one season to hang his hat on, Worthy got hurt and was outplayed by Daniels, Daniels is a pure pass rusher but tough competitor, and CJ Wilson was a good run stopper. It is time to solidify the DL, but I thought our DL was overmatched all year.

4th Round - Denard Robinson - WR/RB - Michigan - He probably will go higher than this, but I like the idea of either him or Kenjon Barner being drafted to the Pack. Our top 3 WR's are very good, but after that, the talent level drops. Adding another WR is a must, but I don't think we need to hit up the early rounds for one.

5th Round - Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois - Just a depth pickup here. Again, emphasis on the OL.

6th Round - Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida - Need a Kicker to be drafted, or a different kicker to be brought in to compete against Crosby. Crosby is a good person, but has cost the Packers opportunities to play in overtimes.

7th Round - Eric Martin, OLB, Nebraska - I cannot stand Walden, to me he is like Jarret Bush but not as bad as Bush. He is just a guy that when he is on the field, I know we don't have our best defense on the field. Thus, I think we will draft an OLB at some point.

* To me this draft should be simple, as it was last year: Fix the problems. Our problems were in the trenches, more of which the OL was awful and Arod did not feel comfortable in the pocket.

I don't have a problem with much of this, just hate the Robinson pick. All I've heard so far is that he will not be an NFL WR.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I need to see more upgrade at ILB.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Johnathan Cyprien (Florida International) is quickly becoming out of my favorite prospects...a safety who is wiling to come up and make a hit and also can play deep coverage...there's a mixed perception on where he may go, but if he has the potential to be a difference maker i think round two is not out of the question

Current Safety Rankings

1. Kenny Vaccaro (Texas)
2. Johnathan Cyprien (Florida International)
3. Phillip Thomas (Fresno State)
4. Duke Williams (Nevada)
5. Eric Reid (Louisiana State)

Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I like Cyprien. Exactly what we need at safety.

RIP themaninblack