Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 NFL Conference Championship Discussion Thread.

Sunday, January 20th, 2013

San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who Bernard Pollard is going to injure this week?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I wonder who Bernard Pollard is going to injure this week?
Ugh.

*Gimmick offense*

I wonder how that'll be used

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners in a not-close game

Ravens definitely have a shot if they play like they did last week, though Pats are obviously the pick. Could see an upset
burkorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...triots-twitter

You think the guy who only plays special teams would keep his mouth shut on this one. Yes, the same special teams unit that gave up two return touchdowns last week.

I am so nervous for this game. The media is going to have such a hardon for it being "Ray Lewis' destiny" to beat the Patriots on the way to the Super Bowl. Or something like that. The Ravens were the only team in the AFC I really, really didn't want to play in the postseason. Everybody wants to win but the Ravens are going to want this one. BAD.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 01-14-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the 49ers obviously and the Ravens to beat the Patriots to set up a Har-Bros. bowl.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...triots-twitter

You think the guy who only plays special teams would keep his mouth shut on this one. Yes, the same special teams unit that gave up two return touchdowns last week.

I am so nervous for this game. The media is going to have such a hardon for it being "Ray Lewis' destiny" to beat the Patriots on the way to the Super Bowl. Or something like that. The Ravens were the only team in the AFC I really, really didn't want to play in the postseason. Everybody wants to win but the Ravens are going to want this one. BAD.
Eh, I would rather play the Ravens than Broncos, although I don't think either team matches up greatly with our offense.

One of the things not much mentioned about the Ravens is their defense has played a hell of a lot of snaps in the last 2 weeks and they aren't exactly the youngest defense in the league. They also have an inside triangle of guys who aren't good cover guys (Lewis, Ellerbe and Pollard) and that's were the Pats like to attack. Plus Lloyd had a lot of joy against Cary Williams in the last meeting.

The one thing that the Ravens bring is that emotional intensity that we are going to hear about all week.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6:30 game? Really NFL, Really? After all year of playing at times of 1:00 or 4:25, sometimes 8:30, you pick the one time slot that our team isn't used to playing on Sunday? I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this. Probably because its the Patriots but this is complete ****.

HOW MANY GAMES HAS YOUR TEAM PLAYED AT 6:30?

If we lose this game I am completely blaming this on the time we were forced to play on. Also, something about Coffee'ing the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard Karmell Pollard!!!
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jvig,
really man your gonna be upset about a damn time slot ? Get over it man jeez is it not that big a deal. Sure I would have sf play a night game ugh or out side then in a dome . Like i said it is a damn time slot. No the end of the world.
h

Game note: I really hope sf comes out on fire and lies a beat down on the Falcons like we did against the Packers. just don't throw a pick six this time ugh. If we can get up by 20 points early should be a fun second half.

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 01-14-2013 at 09:56 AM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Jvig,
really man your gonna be upset about a damn time slot ? Get over it man jeez is it not that big a deal. Sure I would have sf play a night game ugh or out side then in a dome . Like i said it is a damn time slot. No the end of the world.
It was sarcasm, bro

Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
Niners in a not-close game

Ravens definitely have a shot if they play like they did last week, though Pats are obviously the pick. Could see an upset
How is that exactly? The Patriots will destroy the Ravens, theres no question in my mind about it, they just are an extremely tough and well coached football team to be defeated by a team with a non-elite qb.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It was sarcasm, bro
It sounded like he was serious to me . I can't read between the lines here.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

He's mocking the thread started by the seahawks fan bitching about playing at 1pm on Sunday *jet lag* blah

Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My birthday is on the 21st. A Harbaugh SB would make a nice present from the NFL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
How is that exactly? The Patriots will destroy the Ravens, theres no question in my mind about it, they just are an extremely tough and well coached football team to be defeated by a team with a non-elite qb.
Because on any given Sunday any team can beat any other team. The Ravens are red-hot right now and I see no reason they can't beat the Pats this week

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
You seem to think your team played awfully on Saturday, which is not true. Sub-par? Sure. But awful, no. And they played sub-par in large measure because the Ravens played well, not so much because they beat themselves. Champ, for instance, was pwned for the most part because Torrey Smith is really good, and not so much because he (Champ) was having an awful day. Obviously he could have had a better day, but you have to give credit to the Ravens where it is due. The Ravens D also did a great job containing Manning and the run game. Provided they play like they did yesterday, the Ravens have a bonafide shot at going to the Super Bowl. Sucks b/c I really wanted to see Brady-Manning and then Manning win it all.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be rooting the 49ers to win it all at this point.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkorama View Post
You seem to think your team played awfully on Saturday, which is not true. Sub-par? Sure. But awful, no. And they played sub-par in large measure because the Ravens played well, not so much because they beat themselves. Champ, for instance, was pwned for the most part because Torrey Smith is really good, and not so much because he (Champ) was having an awful day. Obviously he could have had a better day, but you have to give credit to the Ravens where it is due. The Ravens D also did a great job containing Manning and the run game. Provided they play like they did yesterday, the Ravens have a bonafide shot at going to the Super Bowl. Sucks b/c I really wanted to see Brady-Manning and then Manning win it all.
Champ had a bad day at the line of scrimmage. There are very, very few CBs in the league who have the wheels to keep up with Torrey Smith if he gets a free release.

It was the Broncos defensive gameplan that hurt them the most. Champ got no help over the top, particularly in the first half and Smith got him for 2 TDs and an overthrow stopped it being 3.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Ill be rooting the 49ers to win it all at this point.
Welcome aboard!

And, just curious, why exactly?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm taking the 49ers obviously and the Ravens to beat the Patriots to set up a Har-Bros. bowl.
Would be cool to see, but I'm going 49ers vs Patriots.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible for neither to win in the Falcons/49ers game? I want that to happen.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Welcome aboard!

And, just curious, why exactly?
Like Colin. Hate the AFC teams. Atlanta is a shithole. SF is nice.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Champ had a bad day at the line of scrimmage. There are very, very few CBs in the league who have the wheels to keep up with Torrey Smith if he gets a free release.

It was the Broncos defensive gameplan that hurt them the most. Champ got no help over the top, particularly in the first half and Smith got him for 2 TDs and an overthrow stopped it being 3.
Good point about the game-plan, I hadn't factored that in enough. But I would say that Champ had a bad day at the LOS b\c TS was a beast, and not so much because Champ didn't play like he could have. Pretty sure most CB's in the league would have been owned like that yesterday. Would have been a more interesting matchup if that had been a young Champ out there, because even if he had been so crappy at the line of scrimmage, he would have had the wheels to be more competitive.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
My birthday is on the 21st. A Harbaugh SB would make a nice present from the NFL.
I thought old people stopped paying attention to those kind of things once they got as old as you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote