Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,054
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
How is that even remotely close to the same thing? Charles was an established RB before he got injured and Rodgers was never injured so how does that even come close to what I said?

Before Sherrod went down, was he a starting LT and showing promise? No. So how is it unreasonable for the packers take a LT in the first? Keeping in mind LTs aren't exactly easy to find in later rounds like the other 4 oline positions
*sigh*

You're obviously incapable of understanding logic, so i'll just stop arguing this.
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
*sigh*

You're obviously incapable of understanding logic, so i'll just stop arguing this.
LOL I'm the one incapable of understanding logic? I say that it doesn't bode well for a player who struggles with injuries and get on the field the first 2 years of his career and you compare that to jamaal Charles and Aaron Rodgers. What the hell man at least use mikel leshoure or someone a little closer.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

How about this argument. Sherrod is trash. How about that? Would you prefer to debate that than his injury? Come on man you can't be this obtuse. Teams don't say 'let's not draft this position in the first because we did that 2 years ago and he hasn't worked out yet but he could still'. I understand you're clinging on to hope that he's not a bust, but to say him being on the roster = no OT in the first for the pack is absurd.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,054
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
LOL I'm the one incapable of understanding logic? I say that it doesn't bode well for a player who struggles with injuries and get on the field the first 2 years of his career and you compare that to jamaal Charles and Aaron Rodgers. What the hell man at least use mikel leshoure or someone a little closer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
How about this argument. Sherrod is trash. How about that? Would you prefer to debate that than his injury? Come on man you can't be this obtuse. Teams don't say 'let's not draft this position in the first because we did that 2 years ago and he hasn't worked out yet but he could still'. I understand you're clinging on to hope that he's not a bust, but to say him being on the roster = no OT in the first for the pack is absurd.
He doesn't struggle with injuries. Wtf are you talking about? He's had one injury in his NFL career. That doesn't not mean he 'struggles with injuries'.

Well that argument would have no basis, as you haven't seen him play...

I'm not clinging onto the hope that he isn't a bust. He isn't. His first year he sat behind Chad Clifton, his second he was injured. He would be a bust if he has been constantly injured eg. Justin Harrell or has just played terrible. He hasn't done either.

Lets just say we drafted Sherrod last season, Clifton stayed another year and then Sherrod sat behind him for the whole year this season. Would you then be drafting an OT to the Packers? No, because we drafted him knowing he would be sat behind Clifton and then taking over once he retired. The only difference in that scenario is that he didn't get injured, but that shouldn't change anything, because players come back from injuries...
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He doesn't struggle with injuries. Wtf are you talking about? He's had one injury in his NFL career. That doesn't not mean he 'struggles with injuries'.

Well that argument would have no basis, as you haven't seen him play...

I'm not clinging onto the hope that he isn't a bust. He isn't. His first year he sat behind Chad Clifton, his second he was injured. He would be a bust if he has been constantly injured eg. Justin Harrell or has just played terrible. He hasn't done either.

Lets just say we drafted Sherrod last season, Clifton stayed another year and then Sherrod sat behind him for the whole year this season. Would you then be drafting an OT to the Packers? No, because we drafted him knowing he would be sat behind Clifton and then taking over once he retired. The only difference in that scenario is that he didn't get injured, but that shouldn't change anything, because players come back from injuries...
Ok man everyone in the nfl is Adrian Peterson, especially 320 pound linemen I'm sure he'll be a stud next year and the packers don't need to address LT at all.

Sarcasm aside, in your mind what positions are feasible for the Packers to draft in the first round? Looking at their roster they have good young talent or big money vets at most positions, yet when I mock a position they don't have that in like G/C in my last mock (this isn't my most recent btw not sure who bumped this) I get told no.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,054
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Ok man everyone in the nfl is Adrian Peterson, especially 320 pound linemen I'm sure he'll be a stud next year and the packers don't need to address LT at all.

Sarcasm aside, in your mind what positions are feasible for the Packers to draft in the first round? Looking at their roster they have good young talent or big money vets at most positions, yet when I mock a position they don't have that in like G/C in my last mock (this isn't my most recent btw not sure who bumped this) I get told no.
Tell me where I said he was going to be a stud. Please.

I never said anything like that, my point was that we should give him a chance to prove himself, which is kind of different too "Derek Sherrod is a stud".
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Tell me where I said he was going to be a stud. Please.

I never said anything like that, my point was that we should give him a chance to prove himself, which is kind of different too "Derek Sherrod is a stud".
When you said the packers won't draft a LT first round.

You didn't answer my question about who the Packers will draft in the first
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,054
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
When you said the packers won't draft a LT first round.

You didn't answer my question about who the Packers will draft in the first
Again, my reasoning for us not drafting a OT was that we should give Sherrod a chance, not that he is a stud.

If I knew the answer to that question I probably would've started with that, instead of telling you why I don't think we should draft an OT in the first round.
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Again, my reasoning for us not drafting a OT was that we should give Sherrod a chance, not that he is a stud.

If I knew the answer to that question I probably would've started with that, instead of telling you why I don't think we should draft an OT in the first round.
Alright then. Well my logic is this. They went overboard drafting defense last year, so they have tons of young talent on that side of the ball, particularly Perry Worthy and Hayward, and to a lesser extent Daniels. There aren't really any RBs worthy of that late 1st round pick this year, although some may emerge through the evaluation process, and that is their one clear need. I also don't think its a stretch to assume that they will try to keep Aaron Rodgers happy and if he wants better protection they will address the o-line first and foremost this year, as that was a big weakness of theirs this season (I am aware some of that is injury related, but the point stands). Whether its interior or LT or both in the 1st 2 rounds, I just don't see how that isn't the focus of their early selections. The round a guy was selected shouldn't dictate how much of a chance he gets, and they have solid young talent pretty much everywhere. Aside from o-line, S and RB are really the only spots I could see them going in the 1st.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,054
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Alright then. Well my logic is this. They went overboard drafting defense last year, so they have tons of young talent on that side of the ball, particularly Perry Worthy and Hayward, and to a lesser extent Daniels. There aren't really any RBs worthy of that late 1st round pick this year, although some may emerge through the evaluation process, and that is their one clear need. I also don't think its a stretch to assume that they will try to keep Aaron Rodgers happy and if he wants better protection they will address the o-line first and foremost this year, as that was a big weakness of theirs this season (I am aware some of that is injury related, but the point stands). Whether its interior or LT or both in the 1st 2 rounds, I just don't see how that isn't the focus of their early selections. The round a guy was selected shouldn't dictate how much of a chance he gets, and they have solid young talent pretty much everywhere. Aside from o-line, S and RB are really the only spots I could see them going in the 1st.
If OT is a need, why is OLB not a need? We picked Perry in the first last year, he didn't play that well and then got injured for the year. Clearly you aren't using this 'logic' of yours very well.
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If OT is a need, why is OLB not a need? We picked Perry in the first last year, he didn't play that well and then got injured for the year. Clearly you aren't using this 'logic' of yours very well.
It might very well be a need, next year. Don't see how that goes against what I've said. He also wasn't expected to be a star right away transitioning to a 3-4 OLB so it's quite a bit different in that regard as well.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 221
Reputation: 1429
steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
How unfamiliar with the steelers are you? Check Casey's contract again, he's a FA no need to cut him. Explained in the other thread why the other 3 are non-factors
How unfamiliar? Guess not so much as you. Casey comes back if he wants to, you know that and I know that. McClendon is listed as 280, because thats what he was drafted at. He played this year at close to 330, and is the second strongest player on the team. And they love him.
Ta'amu could have been cut if they wanted to. They waived him, which means he's released if no one picks him up. The reason they waived him was because they needed another receiver on the team when almost the entire receiving corps was injured (see Plexico). Then they resigned him to the practice squad. Guess you didn't notice the Steelers' draft boards last year when they passed on him in the second, and then the third. They were going nuts.
Fangupo wasn't signed as camp fodder, he was signed off the Seahawks practice squad.
So, no, with ILB, OLB, Safety, Receiver, RB, and whatever, I don't see the Steelers taking the #3 nosetackle in the draft in the first, when they could almost definately get him in the second. If it was Hankins, then yes, maybe I could see it. But not Williams.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
How unfamiliar? Guess not so much as you. Casey comes back if he wants to, you know that and I know that.
He almost certainly will not be back. Did you think getting rid of all the old guys was just a one year thing last season? Gonna let Hines ward, James farrior, and Aaron smith go but re-sign Casey Hampton the following year? That makes no sense to me. He's likely done
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 221
Reputation: 1429
steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He almost certainly will not be back. Did you think getting rid of all the old guys was just a one year thing last season? Gonna let Hines ward, James farrior, and Aaron smith go but re-sign Casey Hampton the following year? That makes no sense to me. He's likely done
I'll agree that he's most likely done. Should have said if THEY want him back. But it will be at a vet minimum, or just a little more. Getting rid of him does nothing for the cap.
So, as I said, I don't see it as a majorly pressing need, since they always have that option. And I find it hard to believe the Williams will be the best player available at pick #17, especially with the many positions of need we have this year.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 221
Reputation: 1429
steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.
Default

BTW, did you change it from Williams to Jenkins, or did I just misread the hell out of it the first time? I could almost get on board with Jenkins.
Sorry if I was a dumbarse there. It was Williams at 17 that I had the biggest problem with.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.