Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year we have Eli and we aren't in the playoffs is a blown opportunity. I know we have the 2 SB's but boy it's really really frustrating watching this team knowing we should have so many more W's under our belt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're good enough of a team that we should be in the playoffs every year like the other upper tier teams in this league if we just play with some consistency.

Unfortunately now with a potential major rebuilding coming up, I don't see us reaching a SB level in terms of talent until maybe 2 years from now. Unless we absolutely nail this draft and can keep these old guys going for another 2 years.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
You can have any of the linebackers not named Arthur Brown your heart desires.
you know you love Khaseem too, don't lie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to take the best player available for sure.

I think on offense we are doing pretty well

We have good depth at the skill positions (providing we resign Cruz, Bennett and Pascoe as I expect). All we need to look at is depth/developmental guys.

The Oline, while not a traditionally dominant line has been solid and under rated. Our running game improved dramatically and our sacks given up dropped from 28 to 19. They have done a good job. If we can resign Boothe we are ok, we have Brewer and Mosely waiting in the wings at RT. Sure we need depth and if good value is available by all means, but our major needs are on defence.

On defence we need to look at reloading at DT, DE, LB and CB

Canty and Joseph are good starters at DT, but behind them we have stop gaps like Bernard and Rogers plus Kuhn who did well but is coming back from ACL injury and Austin who really hasn't flashed as well as expected.

At DE we are likely to keep Tuck, and move Kiwanuka back to DE. We also have decent youngsters in Trattou, Tracy and Ojomo. However our pass rush was aweful and we are going to want to upgrade. Add in the fact that we are likely to lose one of our best pass rushers and this is a probable need.

At LB we need speed, athleticism and effective tacklers. With the popularity of passing attacks and mobile QBs, we need quality LBs. Boley is likely gone, but we have a decent core with Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger and I expect we will resign Rivers and Blackburn.

At CB Webster isn't the player he used to be, but he is still solid and with a pay cut is a good player. Thomas is almost certainly gone (at least as a CB), leaving us with Amukamara and Hosely. We need to add CB depth.

Overshadowing all this is the salary cap, we aren't going to have a lot of room and we are going to be doing well if we can resign our key free agents. Add in the fact that decent DEs, DTs and CBs get decent money plus there isn't too much upgrade available at LB, we are probably going to need address these in the draft.

I would grade our needs as LB, CB, DT, DE. This draft has good depth at all these positions, which certainly helps. However, if a better talent at another position falls to us, by all means we should consider the best player available.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to taking Warmack if he's there. He'd really improve our weakside run game. If we can get another Locklear type to fill in at RT (maybe even Locklear himself) and we get Warmack I think our OL can be pretty good.

Our main issue is we have absolutely no weakside run game bc Beatty sucks as a run blocker and Boothe is average at everything. If we get Warmack to plow the left side that opens up the strong side running game as well bc that box player won't always line up strongside.

I'm not banging the table for Warmack just yet, but I think it would be a good pick if we made it.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge Warmack fan. I'd love him if he's at our pick. Beatty isn't a great run blocker (which I really don't care about as long as he keeps pass protecting really well) so having a road grader next to him would be awesome.

I think Warmack is going to be a stud. I reallllly want him if we go OL in the first, assuming he is there.

Just watching the 49ers makes me want to go offensive line, offensive line, offensive line. Their offensive line absolutely crushes its opponents.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warford's going to be a stud to, would love either of those two if there's no DL talent on the board.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Warford is pretty good too. His weight scares me a little though. I always get nervous when guys are THAT big. He's massive.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Fluker for RT?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I haven't seen a lot of Fluker yet. I'm going to have to look into him a bit more. I'm much more worried about guard than tackle at the moment though. Beatty saved our asses a bit. If he sucked it up then this O-Line would be in shambles.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think a G would actually improve our OL more than a RT right now, assuming that we can get Locklear back or find a Locklear equivalent somewhere.

I also forgot that Alan Branch is a FA. If he comes at a decent price, I'd love for the Giants to add him to our DT rotation to add bulk vs the run.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes to Branch and then we could take DT off the board. I'd rather a G also but just trying to gather thoughts on all positions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think with some restructuring we could free up enough space to grab a couple of midlevel guys. I'd like Branch at DT and if we feel confident enough in Locklear bring him back to play RT.

That would really help us out quite a bit.

I really want a road grader OG on this team, but the only way I see that happening is if we spend a 1st rounder on a guy. But I really want to spend a 1st on defense, particularly DE if a good one is there.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Anyone know anything about this huge DT from Georgia, John Jenkins? Strictly a 3-4 anchor?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Anyone know anything about this huge DT from Georgia, John Jenkins? Strictly a 3-4 anchor?
I think Jenkins can easily anchor a 4-3 as well. He is the type of guy who keeps the MLB free to make plays.

I actually like the other Georgia DT as well Kwame Geathers.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I want to see more of Jenkins. He might be someone I could easily fall in love with as a prospect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What about the DT from Missouri? If we're gonna spend a high pick on a DT, I want him to be a pass rusher as well as an anchor.

Like I rather have a Fletcher Cox than a Michael Brockers if that makes any sense.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I honestly don't know enough about any of the DTs this year. In general I know less about the college prospects this year than ever before. As I'm getting older it's harder to keep track of this stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want to see more of Jenkins. He might be someone I could easily fall in love with as a prospect.
Very true, an anchor like that inside would go a long way to fixing our run problems and allow us to have a smaller more athletic MLB

That's pretty much John Fox's preferred style of 4-3 DT
Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly don't know enough about any of the DTs this year. In general I know less about the college prospects this year than ever before. As I'm getting older it's harder to keep track of this stuff.
Sometimes I really worry that you're spying on my mind.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't have time for that **** anymore. I especially hate when ppl tell me stupid forum **** like "i fell off" or whatever. Sorry. My bad for growing up and having a career.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha yeah. I'm like BBD too and am not a big college football fan either so that makes it difficult. I find youtube is extremely helpful though. People break down whole games of players these days and put them on there.

I'm finding it very hard to evaluate the Alabama linemen. I worry that are they are just really solid/good and that's making them look better individually. Still, I don't think I'd be upset with any of those Bama linemen if we take them.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

How do people feel about MLB Kevin Minter as an option in the first if the top tier DEs and OL are off the board?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mel Kiper has us taking DE Sam Montgomery in his first mock.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's from LSU right? LSU DLmen scare me. Most of them historically haven't lived up to expectations at the NFL level.