Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Let's not bring Singletary back into this mess. I wanna for get all about those years.
Says the dude who brought up Tebow to the Niners......smh

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not bring Singletary back into this mess. I wanna for get all about those years.
I suppose next you're going to tell me that rain is wet?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
OK, everyone needs to slow down, still got one more game...and it's not gonna be easy. That mag cover looks like a jinx waiting to happen, I hope our D can swallow Matt Ryan, those 2 WRS are no joke.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is what it is at this point. The 49ers are favorites. They'll just have to live up to the expectation.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is what it is at this point. The 49ers are favorites. They'll just have to live up to the expectation.
Exactly. I get tired of hearing "this team plays better with lower expectations". That's bull. You are what you are. If you are a top team, play like it every week and live up to the expectations. No excuses. I want other teams to expect us to beat their asses when we walk through the door.

Make it happen.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
OK, everyone needs to slow down, still got one more game...and it's not gonna be easy. That mag cover looks like a jinx waiting to happen, I hope our D can swallow Matt Ryan, those 2 WRS are no joke.
Its regional, all 4 teams have a mag cover.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Exactly. I get tired of hearing "this team plays better with lower expectations". That's bull. You are what you are. If you are a top team, play like it every week and live up to the expectations. No excuses. I want other teams to expect us to beat their asses when we walk through the door.

Make it happen.
I absolutely agree. But I'm also not blind and EVERYTIME we've been in this scenario this year, we've come out and stunk up the joint. You can't blame us for noticing trends and pointing them out. And until this team can win more than 2 games in a row, I will continue to be weary until they give me a reason not to.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Weren't the 49ers favored against the Bears in primetime?

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weren't the 49ers favored against the Bears in primetime?
We were at home so I assume we were the favorite...but what does it matter anyway?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I absolutely agree. But I'm also not blind and EVERYTIME we've been in this scenario this year, we've come out and stunk up the joint. You can't blame us for noticing trends and pointing them out. And until this team can win more than 2 games in a row, I will continue to be weary until they give me a reason not to.
All valid points.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Alright, I want to switch gears for a minute and talk about the draft. Since we don't have a draft thread(which is weird this late into the football season), I want to know what players different posters are liking and who they liked to see in Niner unis.

Me personally, if we could get Barrett Jones in the first and Justin Hunter in the second, I wouldn't even watch the rest of the draft. I would be too busy jizzing myself the rest of the weekend to tune in. I really want Ed Lacy but I'll shoot somebody if we draft another RB this year. I know most want a DE in the first but I really like Jones. His versatility is astounding. Perfect depth player for a line like ours. A guy who could play like a starter if needed anywhere along the line but would have time to grow and improve, as he won't be asked to be a starter off the bat. Might also be because I'm not in love with any DE prospects. A ton of guys I like but none I want to see us take in the first. Hunter is a poor man's AJ Green...nuff said. I would have no problems with Patterson or Hopkins either, but I like Hunter's jumpball ability and top end speed combo the most. And Ed Lacy in this running offense? I think the rest of the league just threw up collectively. But no. No RBs....must.keep.repeating. So what are others thoughts?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I don't watch college enough to evaluate players so I don't really know. I do know that this team needs some DE help and WR help despite having already drafted Jenkins.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Dion Jordan. Real, real bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want Dion Jordan. Real, real bad.
Jordan looked good the few times I saw him. At 6'7 though, I wonder if maybe he's too tall to play OLB effectively at the next level.

I know its probably because he missed the entire year due to injury, but nobody's talking about Brandon Jenkins. He's still my #1 pass-rusher/OLB prospect. Great combination of size/strength/quickness. And extremely long arms packed on a solid 6'3, 260 frame.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So who are we going to get to replace Alex Smith? Does Scott Tolzein stay on? I don't know who our offensive coordinator is going to be next season, but if we're still running the zone read option I guess it wouldn't be bad to have Josh Johnson in the lineup. I'm not a fan of him personally, but his skillset does fit the mold and he does have some history with Harbaugh.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So who are we going to get to replace Alex Smith? Does Scott Tolzein stay on? I don't know who our offensive coordinator is going to be next season, but if we're still running the zone read option I guess it wouldn't be bad to have Josh Johnson in the lineup. I'm not a fan of him personally, but his skillset does fit the mold and he does have some history with Harbaugh.
Browns picked up JJ right before week 17 so there goes that. I was hoping he would make it through the season without getting picked up but oh well. Tolizen will absolutely stay. If being able to run the ball like a CK was so paramount, he wouldn't have beat out JJ for the 3rd QB spot in the first place. Jimbaugh plays to his QB's strength. He wasn't running pistol with Luck. Because that wasn't in his skill-set. The beauty in our offense is that we can incoperate a traditional pocket passer and a guy like CK. Even without the pistol stuff, we're still one of the better running teams in the league and a pocket passer can still benefit from that fact. The pistol won't define what type of QB we go after because guys like CK don't grow on trees. The only thing the QB will affect is the gameplan. And the more CK improves as a pocket passer, the less pistol stuff you'll see as the years past. I don't think Jimbaugh looks at that as something he wants CK doing 10 years down the road as a major part of the offense. But for right now, while he is young and doesn't have the culmination of a ton of hits to slow him down, its a viable option.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the NFL is such a copycat league, I wonder how many guys' draft stock will be raised, benefiting from Kap Mania.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there are really any duel threat QB's in the this draft really. Smith can run but not that well. Other then him who will is a runner in this next draft?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think there are really any duel threat QB's in the this draft really. Smith can run but not that well. Other then him who will is a runner in this next draft?
Off the top of my head, only guys who I can think of who can give you some of what CK does is Colin Klein and E.J Manuel. Neither is the runner CK is nor has the arm he has. EJ is a local kid, from Virginia Beach. Never was really impressed with him at FSU. Kind of robotic to me in the pocket, and a erratic thrower. Haven't seen alot of Klein so I have some work to do there.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Josh Johnson is an UFA come March so bringing him back as the veteran backup to Kap makes a lot of sense. He'll also most likely make less money than Kap and isnt a threat whatsoever. To be honest, he's the perfect fit as our veteran backup. And even if Kap was to get injured in the future, knowing how Harbaugh is, he'll have Johnson ready to at least be a Smith game manager type QB at worse.

As for OC, I think that Roman will leave for the HC spot at Jacksonville. While it would make the most sense to bring in Chris Ault as the HC, im hoping that the Eagles fire Marty Mornhinweg so we could hopefully bring him in as the new OC. He's a damn good HC and runs the WCO.

I know that Kap might have to adjust a little but eventually that pistol option formation wont work once opposing defenses dissect it and with his arm strength and good accuracy, I think that the WCO would be a good fit as well especially since Harbaugh runs a variation of the WCO.

Thoughts?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
QB Josh Johnson is an UFA come March so bringing him back as the veteran backup to Kap makes a lot of sense. He'll also most likely make less money than Kap and isnt a threat whatsoever. To be honest, he's the perfect fit as our veteran backup. And even if Kap was to get injured in the future, knowing how Harbaugh is, he'll have Johnson ready to at least be a Smith game manager type QB at worse.

As for OC, I think that Roman will leave for the HC spot at Jacksonville. While it would make the most sense to bring in Chris Ault as the HC, im hoping that the Eagles fire Marty Mornhinweg so we could hopefully bring him in as the new OC. He's a damn good HC and runs the WCO.

I know that Kap might have to adjust a little but eventually that pistol option formation wont work once opposing defenses dissect it and with his arm strength and good accuracy, I think that the WCO would be a good fit as well especially since Harbaugh runs a variation of the WCO.

Thoughts?
1. As much as I like JJ(and its been well documented in this very thread), I don't believe he will choose to come here and possibly be a 3rd string QB. The emergence of these dual threat QBs and the fascination with them is that he will have a little bit of leeway to chose where he wants to sign, rather than settle for coming back here and having to compete for a back-up spot. His running ability was well documented when he was at TB. If Jimbaugh really wanted him, they should have grabbed him when they had those two open roster spots late in the year. But its CK's team now. He won't be a starter here. But there are PLENTY of other spots around the league where he could come in, make a splash and win a starting job. He doesn't just have to settle for a backup gig anymore IMO.

2. Chryst will be the new OC. If I was a betting man, it'd put money on it. He comes from background as a coach, similar to Jimbaugh. He was Jimbaugh's QB coach when he was with the Chargers. He was on the Bears staff as a young assistant when Jimbaugh was the QB there. There's a comfort level I think he has with Chryst that just seems like a seamless ttransition from Roman. Plus, Jimbaugh rarely brings in guys outside of his staff if he doesn't have to. Looking at what he did at Stanford, he usually promoted from within, unless he wanted to go in a differnt direction philosophically(switiching to a 3-4 and hiring Fangio). And add to the fact Chryst is already involved in some of the play-calling as well as some play design aspects of what we do and I think the writing is on the wall.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-17-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Shariff Floyd from Florida to be the future 5 tech.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be happy with Floyd he has been solid at Florida if hes there at our pick in first round we nap him I hope.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I too assumed Roman would likely be gone but with the flurry of coach signings, do you think he still goes? Jax looks like the main spot but I don't see him going to AZ and facing Harbaugh and crew on a regular basis. It's Jags or bust and when the Niners win this weekend, it may delay or eliminate his chance to be hired by Jax.