Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If you really want abs, eat less and do more cardio.

Kipping is for lame-o crossfitters.
Yes and yes

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If it was as easy as eating less and doing more cardio, we'd have a lot more people with "abs" in the world. I suggest eating an appropriate amount of healthy food and a well rounded exercise/activity plan.

I've been doing and learning Crossfit for a few months now and like it a lot.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

those crossfit games looks intense though. Have you seen the girls one....mmmmm yummy, not the dyke looking ones.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
If it was as easy as eating less and doing more cardio, we'd have a lot more people with "abs" in the world. I suggest eating an appropriate amount of healthy food and a well rounded exercise/activity plan.

Well, no ****. If you aren't active/lift then you generally can't get abs no matter how skinny you are. You need to have muscle for it to show. I was just making the general point that most people who don't have abs don't have them due to too high a body fat %, hence the somewhat tongue in cheek advice.

I've been doing and learning Crossfit for a few months now and like it a lot.

Crossfit is good for a lot of people.....I disagree with some things, but it's mainly me being an ass. I absolutely can't forgive them for extorting the everliving **** out of their clients price wise though. It is not even close to worth the money and I would never advise anyone to join a crossfit gym.
10 character
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I once wanted to get into crossfit, then saw the price and sessions and its not something you can do on your own at their gym.

I forgot about crossfit.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a gym is like school. You get out what you put in. Yes, joining a Crossfit gym can be expensive, but the argument is that you're paying for the quality of training and taking part in the community. I do Crossfit style workouts on my own now because I can't afford the investment of a Crossfit gym, but can see how it can be a worthy investment for some people.

Edit: you can do many of the exercises used in Crossfit in your livingroom btw

Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do crossfit style circuits all the time for a quick HIIT after work. It costs me zero dollars. If I really want to get my oly lifts in, I just drop the weight a bit if bumpers aren't available. If some people want to join crossfit, that's fine, but it is absolutely terrible value.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some chick tried to recruit me to a crossfit gym, and I asked her what they do there, and then asked why can't I do those things at a normal gym and she just kind of looked at me and walked away.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oy. One of my friends has been begging me to try crossfit, so I'm gonna do it this Saturday at a free session. I'm pretty sure it will be the only one I ever do.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have one issue with Crossfit: they emphasize competition over form, which leads to injuries and things becoming bad down the road.

Other than that, it's not for me, I don't like working out with people and I'd rather get my cardio in doing something more fun than lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

No one is being forced to break good form. Everyone should practice good form, but some individuals will always go to extremes to win.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the risk of sounding like every other New Year's Resolution-having cliche of a person, I'm going to start getting into shape tomorrow. My first son is due at the end of February and I feel like if I don't start now, I never will. I've cut down from 270 in August of 2011 to about 225 today, but I never really got back into working out, and I want to be able to at least run two miles a day in addition to lifting weights. Hoping to be between 210-215 by the time he's born, and hopefully at 200ish by the end of the summer so I can start building muscle.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DG showed me this.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting today, I'm on a mission to lose 40 pounds. I lost a similar amount last summer, but naturally once school started I gained about 15 of it back and I'm ready to slim down again. I'm probably 215 right now, so I'm logging this here for extra motivation and advice. I'm looking to lose roughly 8-10 pounds a month, and gain what I can back in light definition workouts. I'm fairly tall at 6'2, so I'm hoping that puts me at a lean 190 at the end of April. Right now, I'm keeping it simple as far as my diet is concerned (no packaged foods, heavy on the natural items, lots of chicken/veggies, eggs in the morning, etc.) and I'm spending at least a half hour on the treadmill every day. Time to shed the remainder of the baby fat, fellas. I'm gunna pull a DG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk brah, DG has dem abs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got down to 163 at one point. And that was during my toughest year of engineering and finishing up my math minor. Get at me brah.

Also light definition workouts is code for being a *****. Go do squats *****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

If you want to lose weight I strongly recommend this documentary. I've lost a lot of weight over the last year and this documentary talks about the changes in eating philosophy that have helped me. It's not all that entertaining, but that's not the point.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014248/

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
If you want to lose weight I strongly recommend this documentary. I've lost a lot of weight over the last year and this documentary talks about the changes in eating philosophy that have helped me. It's not all that entertaining, but that's not the point.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014248/
I'm assuming this is all about paleo judging by the cast? That's not necessarily a bad thing mind you.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any tips on quickest /healthiest way to lose about 8 more lbs?

I've been using a tread mil since November.But I need about 8 more pounds to lose. I am trying to keep my calorie count under 1500 a day. Along with just doing regular type of work out, tread mil walking etc and sit ups and push ups is there anything else I should for cardio?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Any tips on quickest /healthiest way to lose about 8 more lbs?

I've been using a tread mil since November.But I need about 8 more pounds to lose. I am trying to keep my calorie count under 1500 a day. Along with just doing regular type of work out, tread mil walking etc and sit ups and push ups is there anything else I should for cardio?
Just suck it up and do keto for a month. Also, running > walking. Don't walk on treadmills.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Keto ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is Keto ?
Its a diet, google it. Not for everyone but the results dont lie.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sacred heart diet claims to help you lose 10-17 pounds in a week if you do it right. They do it for people who need heart surgery and need them to lose weight fast.

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/sacred-heart-diet

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Know what sucks? Plantar fasciitis. I went running about a week ago and once I get back home I had a dull pain in my left foot. I woke up the next morning and could hardly stand on it. Since then it's been the same type of pain.

I've been doing foot stretches, toe crunches, and calf raises to strengthen all the muscles in my foot. Anyone know of anything else?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote