Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think the first pick is down to two players now, either Luke Joeckel or Star Lotulelei.

My money is on Lotulelei as a 3-4 DE.

KC will want to trade down, I just dont see any takers
LOL...I guess you figure if they take enough 3-4 DE's eventually they will be a Super Bowl team? Because that position is obviously so imporant..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson Jackson agreed to restructure last year, he could do it again this year. And for all the hate, he wasn't THAT bad. He wasn't great, and definitely isn't worth the money he's getting, but he wasn't awful either.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL...I guess you figure if they take enough 3-4 DE's eventually they will be a Super Bowl team? Because that position is obviously so imporant..
Dude I'm going crazy here, seriously. Having the first overall pick sucks, because everyone on the planet all of the sudden thinks they're an expert on the Chiefs. Argh.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know they are the chiefs but they just got a new coach how could they pass on taking a QB number one?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dude I'm going crazy here, seriously. Having the first overall pick sucks, because everyone on the planet all of the sudden thinks they're an expert on the Chiefs. Argh.
Yourself included, apparently. If the GM says he won't take a qb just because its a need and he will take the BPA, who are you to say he's lying?
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Right now, I think that the Chiefs ultimately decide that Tyler Wilson is their QB.
I think the Senior Bowl and combine will be huge for him. If he's their guy they might be able to move down some but that strategy coul be risky.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Yourself included, apparently. If the GM says he won't take a qb just because its a need and he will take the BPA, who are you to say he's lying?
He didn't say he wouldn't take a QB, he said he believes in Best Player Available. Maybe you should listen to what was said instead of hearing what you want to hear.

And it's January. The #1 guy on most boards likely won't be that guy in late April. We haven't played the E/W shrine game, senior bowl, gone to the combine or seen prospects at their pro days yet.

If you need me to further explain to you what I mean, feel free to PM me, but this really shouldn't be too hard for you to grasp.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't I be surprised if they let Albert walk and then think that Joeckel is the BPA?

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Why wouldn't I be surprised if they let Albert walk and then think that Joeckel is the BPA?
because of the cap room we have and must spend since new CBA is kicking in.I'd be stunned if ALbert is not locked up.When you have a LT like Albert you KEEP him you do not let him walk and bring in a rookie.you got one you keep him
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't say he wouldn't take a QB, he said he believes in Best Player Available. Maybe you should listen to what was said instead of hearing what you want to hear.

And it's January. The #1 guy on most boards likely won't be that guy in late April. We haven't played the E/W shrine game, senior bowl, gone to the combine or seen prospects at their pro days yet.

If you need me to further explain to you what I mean, feel free to PM me, but this really shouldn't be too hard for you to grasp.
Yeah a QB is gonna jump from 26+ to 1 in the next few months. Because that happens all the time. Because we don't have enough film on every qb to make these assessments yet.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yeah a QB is gonna jump from 26+ to 1 in the next few months. Because that happens all the time. Because we don't have enough film on every qb to make these assessments yet.
Oh, you're absolutely right, this year is going to be drastically different in that regard.

See, I can do the sarcasm thing too.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyson Jackson agreed to restructure last year, he could do it again this year. And for all the hate, he wasn't THAT bad. He wasn't great, and definitely isn't worth the money he's getting, but he wasn't awful either.
Gotta disagree here vidae, Tyson Jackson sucks. There's not much restructuring you can do with his contract when it's on the last year and you can find someone to replicate his production for a tenth of the price.

Outside of last season where he actually lived up to his billing as a top tier run stuffer (this did not happen again), he's been awful.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So you play him where exactly? Inside linebacker? Jarvis Jones would probably be the worst pick they could make.
I find a spot for Jones, Houston and Hali to be on the field at the same time. I make it work. Also, Hali looks to be losing a step to me. I'll be interested to see how offenses protect the QB against Houston and Hali next year.

Additionally, if you read my whole post, I'm advocating the Chiefs take Tyler Wilson. I was just playing devil's advocate.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Gotta disagree here vidae, Tyson Jackson sucks. There's not much restructuring you can do with his contract when it's on the last year and you can find someone to replicate his production for a tenth of the price.

Outside of last season where he actually lived up to his billing as a top tier run stuffer (this did not happen again), he's been awful.
Tyson Jackson looked a little better this year. Still nowhere near number 3 overall levels, and I fear that he may have been playing for a contract. Defensive end is a definite need but I'll jump off my roof if they take an end with the first overall pick.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes it does. It happens all the time, especially after NFL teams start doing interviews with players, conducting private workouts, etc. Teams can fall in love with a QB's maturity and football IQ when combined with the physical tools. This QB class is 2008 all over again, when there wasn't an elite QB and the average Matt Ryan was supposedly being pushed up because of the circumstances. Joe Flacco was not considered a 1st round QB, maybe ranked as the 4th QB in that class (Ryan, Brohm, Henne).
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Yes it does. It happens all the time, especially after NFL teams start doing interviews with players, conducting private workouts, etc. Teams can fall in love with a QB's maturity and football IQ when combined with the physical tools. This QB class is 2008 all over again, when there wasn't an elite QB and the average Matt Ryan was supposedly being pushed up because of the circumstances. Joe Flacco was not considered a 1st round QB, maybe ranked as the 4th QB in that class (Ryan, Brohm, Henne).
THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

By the same notion, couldn't someone else establish themselves as elite player in all those off-season events? Or couldn't Geno/Wilson/whoever hurt their stock?

That's why I just think it's silly people are ripping anyone for saying maybe the Chiefs could take someone else when we honestly have no clue what is going to happen come April. You're assuming Geno or whoever will play great and also assuming no other non-QB will have a superb off-season as we approach the draft.

That's my main point. I still think you guys end up with Geno, without question, but I do think it's silly how BOTH sides can't see how their possibility holds merit.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No Forenci, I've said it multiple times: if someone provides an argument for another player that makes sense, I'm ALL FOR IT. Sure, I want a QB #1, but when people say "take <x> player" that isn't either a need at all (OT) or a fit (DT) I'm confused.

If someone can sit there and provide an actual position and player that makes sense, I'd give them all the credit in the world. After a month I'm still waiting on someone to do that though.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm saying, like YOU are saying, what if someone at CB, DE, etc. blows up the off-season events and cements himself as an elite player? What if Geno has a poor showing?

I just think it's silly to not see the potential for both sides of the argument and to rip the opposing side. And I'm somebody you BELIEVES you will take a QB no matter what. Does that mean I can't see the potential for them going another position depending how things shape up? No, not at all. As you said, it's January.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
And I'm saying, like YOU are saying, what if someone at CB, DE, etc. blows up the off-season events and cements himself as an elite player? What if Geno has a poor showing?

I just think it's silly to not see the potential for both sides of the argument and to rip the opposing side. And I'm somebody you BELIEVES you will take a QB no matter what. Does that mean I can't see the potential for them going another position depending how things shape up? No, not at all. As you said, it's January.
If that happens then I'm fine with that pick. CB is a need. ILB is a huge need. 3-4 DE (who can actually rush the passer) is a need. They're not as big of a need as a QB, but you could make the case for those positions.. and all anyone wants to talk about is us drafting Joeckel #1 and moving a top 10 LT over to Guard, who will replace 2 top 100 picks.. and for what?

So yes, I do see the potential. I honestly do. But the players that people are honing in on RIGHT NOW make no sense, and I've been saying that from the start.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well that's fair enough. I personally don't see Albert moving positions or leaving so I doubt OT will be a need. I do see the potential for other things to break toward not taking a QB. I'm doubtful it happens but there are always guys who have an amazing Senior bowl/combine/pro day and cement themselves as top tier picks.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well that's fair enough. I personally don't see Albert moving positions or leaving so I doubt OT will be a need. I do see the potential for other things to break toward not taking a QB. I'm doubtful it happens but there are always guys who have an amazing Senior bowl/combine/pro day and cement themselves as top tier picks.
No Forenci, that is not going to happen.

The Chiefs will take a QB and the Chiefs should take a QB.

End. Of. Discussion.

All that's left to be determined is which QB they take.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Absolutely. It could easily be a LB or a DE or a WR who breaks out during the next two months and not a QB, and then I'd probably be a little miffed but eventually okay with the pick, especially if Reid gets his QB with the early second pick.

Honestly, I don't care if we get Geno or Tyler 1st overall or 34th overall, as long as we get one, but I'm worried about skipping on that franchise potential guy and having him go before we pick. That is my biggest fear.

jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are we kidding. The Chiefs are going to trade the pick to Philadelphia for Philly's 1st, 2nd, and Nick Foles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

SP you should go get drunk again.