Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Keep laughing at the Nuggets and T-Wolves thing, but Minnesota has been a half game better than BEST IN THE WEST Lakers despite their best player having a broken hand all season. Denver is 24-16 with a godawful coach, and has been on fire lately.
I don't know why you keep directing Lakers hate at me when i've had the Thunder in the West since day one. Right after you said they were the 4th best team in the West, and probably a little before you said Collison was as good as Westbrook.

Oh and when you said that Martin was gonna be garbage for them. How'd all that work out?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wish we were both NBA GMs so I can make trades with you.

"Hey snowflake, I'll trade you this ****** player for a good one"
The only thing you ever say about Varejao is that he sucks. You don't say why, you just say he "accumulates stats" which is impossible when you lead the ******* league in rebounding. Then, you ignore any game which shows how much of a hassle he is for opposing teams in the post on both sides of the court. To you he's a scrub for no real reason, you just like saying he sucks because you can't actually argue otherwise.

Sort of like your football arguments. Maybe if you say it enough without backing it up, it'll stick.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't know why you keep directing Lakers hate at me when i've had the Thunder in the West since day one. Right after you said they were the 4th best team in the West, and probably a little before you said Collison was as good as Westbrook.

Oh and when you said that Martin was gonna be garbage for them. How'd all that work out?
I said what now? I said Lawson was as good, not Collison. And Martin has improved, but he's still not in the same vicinity as James Harden. I'm using the Lakers example because they ******* suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said what now? I said Lawson was as good, not Collison. And Martin has improved, but he's still not in the same vicinity as James Harden. I'm using the Lakers example because they ******* suck.
Yeah that's my bad, had a brain fart there, meant Lawson. I've already made fun of you enough for that.

And no, Martin isn't on the same vicinity as Harden, but the Thunder haven't lost a step without Harden. The Lakers sucking really does nothing for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Memphis is a different story, though. They have to all-star caliber players in the post, and that's enough to make you one of the best teams in the West, when you have to fight off teams like the Timberwolves and the Nuggets for the Western Conference ticket. Plus, Z-Bo was playing out of his mind when they nearly made the finals.

Snowflake, the draft works on potential first and foremost. The reason Vesely and Biyombo and Tristan went as high as they did is because they showed athletic ability and skill (sans Thompson, god knows why the Cavs took him 4th overall) that some believed could further grow in the NBA. Faried is good and all, but i'm pretty sure he'll never be more than what he is now. A solid starter. Guys aren't drafted in the lottery for their potential to be solid starters.
I know you don't give a **** but Thompson is really starting to improve. Doesn't necessarily justify 4th overall but he is starting to look a lot better.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only thing you ever say about Varejao is that he sucks. You don't say why, you just say he "accumulates stats" which is impossible when you lead the ******* league in rebounding. Then, you ignore any game which shows how much of a hassle he is for opposing teams in the post on both sides of the court. To you he's a scrub for no real reason, you just like saying he sucks because you can't actually argue otherwise.

Sort of like your football arguments. Maybe if you say it enough without backing it up, it'll stick.
Hey now. I actually know my **** when it comes to football. Get at me bro.

And Varajaeo sucks bc he sucks. Watch that floppy haired ************ play. I saw him get housed by the Knicks.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cousins dance moves >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it's the john wall dance

I can't believe I missed this party but anyways,

Also, Dwight and Kobe decided not to miss yesterday. Good things happen when you give Dwight consistent touches. Too bad we have inconsistent coaching in which one game he'll have 20+ attempts the next game, 7. Regardlesss, I have a good feeling about tomorrow. I'm going to put 40 bucks down on us to beat the heat.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well in all fairness to Tristan, he has been ballin lately. I don't think he'll live up to #4 pick, but he has the ability to be a perfectly solid PF.

Though I thought Jonas V would have been the better pick. I'm still holding on to that.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh snowflake. You'll never get tired of saying snowflakey things.

Bleh, i prefer the eyeball test first and foremost. I'm not like Snowflake that likes to stare at a spreadsheet all day and make analysis like that. You can properly evaluate a player just by watching them play.
Says the guy who keeps trying to use PER to justify Cousins being ****.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I know you don't give a **** but Thompson is really starting to improve. Doesn't necessarily justify 4th overall but he is starting to look a lot better.
I do give a **** because Tristan was a Longhorn (that should have stayed in school another year), but yeah i saw the Kings play the Cavs the other day and Tristan was impressive. His knock was his completely raw offensive ability, and by raw i mean like right off the cow dripping in blood raw. If he can transform himself into a PF version of Tyson Chandler (which is very possible, his rebounding is pretty damn good), he will be worth it, IMO. His form at the FT line is horrendous yet he still does a decent job at shooting in the 60s and i probably have more offensive skill than he does. But i'm proud of the guy, he's making strides.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Says the guy who keeps trying to use PER to justify Cousins being ****.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Cousins is a dominant rebounder when he wants to be, so he has that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
you guys had the exact same player in JJ hickson which you gave up for Omri Casspi.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So is Anderson Varejao.

/highfive
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not the exact same player.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
There isn't many bigs in the NBA that can score like he does, either. He has some bad habits in the post that lead to bad/uncomfortable shots. Smart has been having him play on the elbow lately and Thompson in the block. They've been starting the game off a few times running their offense through JT, and i'm not quite sure why. Anyway, the further out Cousins gets the ball, the easier it is for him to settle for a jumper. When he gets fed down low he pounds it in, but even then he has some bad habits he needs to get rid of, like holding the ball too long before he makes his move (though that in turn has greatly improved his assist numbers, he's finding the open man out of the double team like the best of em), and bringing the ball down after a rebound instead of keeping his arms up for the put back. He draws a high number of fouls and his free throw shooting is damn good for a big man, so it all evens out. There's a reason his numbers are where they are. His assists, steals, blocks and charges taken are among the best in the league for bigs, but no one pays attention to those stats.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Memphis is a different story, though. They have to all-star caliber players in the post, and that's enough to make you one of the best teams in the West, when you have to fight off teams like the Timberwolves and the Nuggets for the Western Conference ticket. Plus, Z-Bo was playing out of his mind when they nearly made the finals.

Snowflake, the draft works on potential first and foremost. The reason Vesely and Biyombo and Tristan went as high as they did is because they showed athletic ability and skill (sans Thompson, god knows why the Cavs took him 4th overall) that some believed could further grow in the NBA. Faried is good and all, but i'm pretty sure he'll never be more than what he is now. A solid starter. Guys aren't drafted in the lottery for their potential to be solid starters.
I agree a bit on Memphis but when you think about stars to build around, Marc and Z-Bo are FAR from the list. They're both guys who do their job extremely well. They can score, but arent go to scorers, do dirty work and get boards. Conley's a very good distributing PG and they play D.

and the draft is all potential. all, all, all of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins, when he wants to be, can be unstoppable. It doesn't take much watching him to realize that. His immaturity will keep him from being a star (for now) but his ability to get rebounds and score in the paint is incredible. His FG% blows, yeah, but really, there are stretches when he's unstoppable.

I also understand why his FG% is so low. He's going up against double and triple teams and forcing bad shots because he feels compelled to because who the **** is he gonna pass it to to score?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Allen is a FA too. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE for the Knicks to get him if possible.

He has Chicago or San Antonio written all over him though. Which is gonna suck.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Tony Allen is a FA too. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE for the Knicks to get him if possible.

He has Chicago or San Antonio written all over him though. Which is gonna suck.
He does have a Chicago feel, but Bulls just don't have the cap room or the willingness to pay the tax.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He does have a Chicago feel, but Bulls just don't have the cap room or the willingness to pay the tax.
You think he'll be that expensive?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Tony getting an MLE deal
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll get more than that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think he'll get more than that.
It wouldn't surprise me. Very possibly the top perimeter defender in the league and a decent slasher on top of that. Only downside is that he's 31.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Lowry always flop so much?

Also, why are the Bulls so crappy vs. terrible teams?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote