Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I too assumed Roman would likely be gone but with the flurry of coach signings, do you think he still goes? Jax looks like the main spot but I don't see him going to AZ and facing Harbaugh and crew on a regular basis. It's Jags or bust and when the Niners win this weekend, it may delay or eliminate his chance to be hired by Jax.
I wouldn't be upset if he stuck around just sayin.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised at this point if Roman doesn't go to Jacksonville. They're probably just waiting to see when the 49ers season ends.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we win, they'll have 2 weeks between Sunday and the SB. I think that's when he'll interview and possibly be offered the position. If they've waited this long, they'll wait until next week. Unless somebody comes in and blows them away. But I think their new GM has his sights set on Roman.

The thing with Roman is I'm afraid is he'll bring some of our assistants with him, with promotions in mind. He could bring a Tomsula or a Donatell with him as a DC(which would be a promotion and the Niners couldn't block it, nor should they). Take one of our O-Line coaches and make them a OC(figurehead wise, which would be a promotion) with Roman still the de facto OC. I'm almost positive somebody goes along with him.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this was cool.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the handful of great throws *TD to Crab *Vernon down the seam were a couple, watching the game again it is still more of the same that worries me when Kaepernick wasn't running by people.

The pick 6 play was where the Defense got it right and there was no play. OK to concede with a throwaway. Or move up into the pocket and maybe breakout or a sack for -1. If he did that and Boone just stayed in the way of Woodson he might of had a first down running up the middle.
His instinct is still wanting to move back and to the sidelines too much. And then the throw of course was bad.

2nd and 5
Moss got by Shields when he stumbled. Kaepernick didn't set and lunge forward after the deep shotgun drop when Raji got around Boone but was diverted to a loop away from the pocket. If he got his momentum going forward and eyes down-field could of been 50/50 on connecting for a TD.

next play
3rd and 2
Drop and everything is choppy. Never fully turns far enough left to see Gore open of the 1st down out of the backfield. Saved by the defense holding but the pass shouldn't of been rifled to Crabtree anyhow.

next play
1st and 10
GB copies what MIA did a lot again. Works great in making things crowed down-field. Looks like he was sure he was gonna look off from Crabtree for a sec and then come back to him from the start. Pass was high.
Gore was there in the middle for a 5 yard check.
Miller was there in the flat for about 10 yards.

next play
2nd and 10
Woodson watches the play and jumps to break up the pass to Vernon right as the ball arrives. Hawk is right there too.
Crabtree slant is as open as the TD pass. And throwing lane between LT and LG is 5 yards wide.

next play
3rd and 10
Woodson jumps the scramble way too early and flip pass to Gore. The mobility helps make this play but on 3rd and 10 it should only maybe be a 1st down run if he can make the 1st guy miss. Woodson failed hard and gave up 30 more yards.

next play
1st and 10
Pack rush 5.
GREAT JOB by the O-Line. Pocket still holds up. LMJ is open 9 yards directly in front of him. Never sees him and is sacked.

2 plays latter
Good coverage. TD Run. #96 was trying to do too much and left his lane.

2nd and 8
1Q 3:34
Strange play on the Moss bomb try. A pump to LMJ and nobody cares. I think it was to try and get Mathews to jump and Joe would knock him to allow longer protection for the deep route.
LMJ stays open for a catch and room to make people miss.

MUFFED PUNT
1st and Goal
Good play by Mathews to get his hand on it but pass was late and flat. He was the only option on this play.

2nd and Goal
Muffed play with snap count off.

3rd and Goal
Crabtree is target the whole way. Wide open TD catch and run.

Enough breakdown for now but it was obvious even then that it wasn't smooth sailing after the huge mistake Intercepted pass which the narrative has become.

You can't expect to run your way out of missing the simple stuff every week. Especially in the playoffs.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
If we win, they'll have 2 weeks between Sunday and the SB. I think that's when he'll interview and possibly be offered the position. If they've waited this long, they'll wait until next week. Unless somebody comes in and blows them away. But I think their new GM has his sights set on Roman.

The thing with Roman is I'm afraid is he'll bring some of our assistants with him, with promotions in mind. He could bring a Tomsula or a Donatell with him as a DC(which would be a promotion and the Niners couldn't block it, nor should they). Take one of our O-Line coaches and make them a OC(figurehead wise, which would be a promotion) with Roman still the de facto OC. I'm almost positive somebody goes along with him.
Only promotions to head coach can't be blocked;)
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman to Jax is no longer an option. They just hired Gus Bradley (Seachickens former D Coordinator) to be their next head coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-jaguars-coach

That leaves the Cards as the only team without a HC and at that point, it's on Roman if he thinks that's a better fit than remaining with the 49ers. Thinking he'll stay now, waiting until next year to get that big promotion.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Roman to Jax is no longer an option. They just hired Gus Bradley (Seachickens former D Coordinator) to be their next head coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-jaguars-coach

That leaves the Cards as the only team without a HC and at that point, it's on Roman if he thinks that's a better fit than remaining with the 49ers. Thinking he'll stay now, waiting until next year to get that big promotion.
This is fantastic news on all fronts.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised the Jaguars hired Bradley as I thought they would go offense based for their head coach. Oh well, could care less either way. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Outside of the handful of great throws *TD to Crab *Vernon down the seam were a couple, watching the game again it is still more of the same that worries me when Kaepernick wasn't running by people.

The pick 6 play was where the Defense got it right and there was no play. OK to concede with a throwaway. Or move up into the pocket and maybe breakout or a sack for -1. If he did that and Boone just stayed in the way of Woodson he might of had a first down running up the middle.
His instinct is still wanting to move back and to the sidelines too much. And then the throw of course was bad.

2nd and 5
Moss got by Shields when he stumbled. Kaepernick didn't set and lunge forward after the deep shotgun drop when Raji got around Boone but was diverted to a loop away from the pocket. If he got his momentum going forward and eyes down-field could of been 50/50 on connecting for a TD.

next play
3rd and 2
Drop and everything is choppy. Never fully turns far enough left to see Gore open of the 1st down out of the backfield. Saved by the defense holding but the pass shouldn't of been rifled to Crabtree anyhow.

next play
1st and 10
GB copies what MIA did a lot again. Works great in making things crowed down-field. Looks like he was sure he was gonna look off from Crabtree for a sec and then come back to him from the start. Pass was high.
Gore was there in the middle for a 5 yard check.
Miller was there in the flat for about 10 yards.

next play
2nd and 10
Woodson watches the play and jumps to break up the pass to Vernon right as the ball arrives. Hawk is right there too.
Crabtree slant is as open as the TD pass. And throwing lane between LT and LG is 5 yards wide.

next play
3rd and 10
Woodson jumps the scramble way too early and flip pass to Gore. The mobility helps make this play but on 3rd and 10 it should only maybe be a 1st down run if he can make the 1st guy miss. Woodson failed hard and gave up 30 more yards.

next play
1st and 10
Pack rush 5.
GREAT JOB by the O-Line. Pocket still holds up. LMJ is open 9 yards directly in front of him. Never sees him and is sacked.

2 plays latter
Good coverage. TD Run. #96 was trying to do too much and left his lane.

2nd and 8
1Q 3:34
Strange play on the Moss bomb try. A pump to LMJ and nobody cares. I think it was to try and get Mathews to jump and Joe would knock him to allow longer protection for the deep route.
LMJ stays open for a catch and room to make people miss.

MUFFED PUNT
1st and Goal
Good play by Mathews to get his hand on it but pass was late and flat. He was the only option on this play.

2nd and Goal
Muffed play with snap count off.

3rd and Goal
Crabtree is target the whole way. Wide open TD catch and run.

Enough breakdown for now but it was obvious even then that it wasn't smooth sailing after the huge mistake Intercepted pass which the narrative has become.

You can't expect to run your way out of missing the simple stuff every week. Especially in the playoffs.
Let me guess.....you prefer Alex Smith?

I didnt even bother reading all of the above because there's no point. Despite what you posted, Kaepernick STILL dismantled the Packers by himself. The huge difference between Kap and Alex is that Alex cant afford to miss plays like what you posted because unlike Kap, he doesnt have the ability to make up for it on any given play.

That's the main reason why I prefer Kap...on any given play, he can have a huge play, running or passing. Kap is a playmaking QB and I for one, love it. He's the evolution and of what teams like WSH, SEA, CAR have been running. Only difference is that with Harbaugh, he's going to do it better.

Even if we lose Sunday, I highly doubt that it'll be because of Kap. He makes too many big plays which will offset any negative/bad plays. Plus, after that pick six against GB, he came right back with the same attitude and confidence and went on to dominate the Packers defense.

Kap missing those other guys is only due to inexperience which he'll get as he continues playing. After all, it was only his 8th game as a starter and I must admit that he did far better than I thought he would.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I didnt even bother reading all of the above because there's no point.
The wall of ignorance is on your side.
Quote:
Despite what you posted
You didn't read it.
Quote:
Kaepernick STILL dismantled the Packers by himself.
He blocked, carried and caught for all the yardage?
Quote:
The huge difference between Kap and Alex is that Alex cant afford to miss plays like what you posted because unlike Kap, he doesnt have the ability to make up for it on any given play.
Neither could Montana or Manning. Missing a handful of little things you miss converting and you don't have the ball cause you punted. How do you make up for it without the ball?

Quote:
Plus, after that pick six against GB, he came right back with the same attitude and confidence and went on to dominate the Packers defense.
I explained why the attitude and confidence did little more than run by complete breakdowns in contain by the Packers in the few drives after the pick six.

Quote:
]Kap missing those other guys is only due to inexperience which he'll get as he continues playing. After all, it was only his 8th game as a starter and I must admit that he did far better than I thought he would.
Probably. But, playing a better team that doesn't screw up with a bad turnover in a game Then we have no margin for the growing pains of a QB in a single elimination tourney.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
The wall of ignorance is on your side. You didn't read it. He blocked, carried and caught for all the yardage? Neither could Montana or Manning. Missing a handful of little things you miss converting and you don't have the ball cause you punted. How do you make up for it without the ball?

I explained why the attitude and confidence did little more than run by complete breakdowns in contain by the Packers in the few drives after the pick six.

Probably. But, playing a better team that doesn't screw up with a bad turnover in a game Then we have no margin for the growing pains of a QB in a single elimination tourney.
I didnt need to read it. After reading the first paragraph about him missing Moss or whatever, I already knew what each little paragraph was. You're just nitpicking because he didnt play a perfect game of football? because he missed other receivers. Huge difference between watching the game on TV and seeing whats happening at full speed live at that very moment from a different perspective.

Yeah, I would say that Kaepernick dominated the Packers pretty much by himself. Granted, the OL and Crabtree played great but if that was Alex Smith, we would have lost because there's no way he runs for those two TD's like Kap did so in that regard, I will say it was a one man show. Kap pretty much kicked the Packers defense in the ass singlehanded.

You're acting like he lost us the game despite winning and dominating. It was only his 8th game as a starting QB in the NFL. What were you expecting? Him to be perfect? Wasting your time since perfection doesnt exist.

Kap missed a handful of little things and we punted but hmmm, what, that never happened to Smith? It would interesting to know if that was Smith instead of Kap if you would be detailing play by play on what he did wrong.

Going by you, its almost like you would prefer boring game manager Alex Smith. Sorry but im probably the happiest person in this forum that Kap is the starting QB because he has a far stronger arm, damn good accuracy, huge upside and potential and on any given play, can turn it into something special. I dont know why you're even complaining in the first place. Kap has already surpassed my expectations for this season.

Even if we lost to GB, all I was hoping for was that Kap would play good and have momentum going into 2013. Instead, he blew away my expectations and won us the game easily. Last year, we had a battle with the Saints and won 30-22 in GB in week one. I dont know about you or anyone else here but I prefer to see the 49ers blowing out their opponent for once instead of being in a close battle that could go either way.

Obviously, it was single elimination last year too just like it is every year in the playoffs and while Alex Smith didnt lose the NFCCG, he didnt do anything to win it either. The lack of a passing attack last season hurt us badly and since Smith cant make game breaking plays from running on a consistent basis like Kap can, does and has already done, I would say that we easily have a better QB now than we did a year ago.

Also, its only after EIGHT games as the starting QB. Seriously, I cant believe that you're even complaining to begin with all things considered. No matter what happens the rest of the way, im already looking forward to 2013 because with a full off-season as the starting QB, Kaepernick is only going to get better and better.

We finally have a true franchise QB for the first time since Garcia and quite honestly, he's already surpassed Garcia because he already got us to the NFCCG which is something that Garcia was never able to do. Instead of complaining and nitpicking, you should be a happy 49ers fan. Enjoy it.

Unless of course, you prefer to go back to 2003-2010???
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are both kinda right. Kap is still developing. He has flaws. But his ceiling is off the charts good. Like what I thought Mike Vick was capable of early in his career. We could have a monster at QB for the foreseeable future. He's gotta cool it with the trash-talking/taunting stuff though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
You guys are both kinda right. Kap is still developing. He has flaws. But his ceiling is off the charts good. Like what I thought Mike Vick was capable of early in his career. We could have a monster at QB for the foreseeable future. He's gotta cool it with the trash-talking/taunting stuff though.
Did he do anything other than flipping on the ball at the opponent? I haven't seen anything else other than that incident...and he's never in anyone's face.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard Randall Cunningham as a best-case comparison and thats one i like. Dave Te-Thomas who works for one of the scouting services or something like that compared him to Rodgers back in April of 2011. I like the Cunningham comparison, but either will work for me.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I heard Randall Cunningham as a best-case comparison and thats one i like. Dave Te-Thomas who works for one of the scouting services or something like that compared him to Rodgers back in April of 2011. I like the Cunningham comparison, but either will work for me.
ehh, he better be better than Cunningham. Maybe Minn Cunningham passing with philly Cunningham athleticism, that might be the ceiling.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
ehh, he better be better than Cunningham. Maybe Minn Cunningham passing with philly Cunningham athleticism, that might be the ceiling.
That's a pretty nice ceiling to have in your house.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Did he do anything other than flipping on the ball at the opponent? I haven't seen anything else other than that incident...and he's never in anyone's face.
Yea I've noticed it a few times. Jawwing with the opponents sideline or players after a play. It's not a big deal but I always fear other teams getting into his head with that stuff. Other positions I don't care what happens, but I don't want my QB swept up in it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I've noticed it a few times. Jawwing with the opponents sideline or players after a play. It's not a big deal but I always fear other teams getting into his head with that stuff. Other positions I don't care what happens, but I don't want my QB swept up in it.
Brady jaws with everybody but doesn't do much with his body. Favre jawed at everyone. Kap has swagger and he'll continue to harness those powers only for good. He's no out-of-control-hothead like Rivers, who NEVER knows when to shut up.

In other news, this is a great article on Gore, talking about him not being satisfied, rising to the challenge and improving his offseason conditioning when the Niners brought in competition for him:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/gore...youth-pugilist

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Brady jaws with everybody but doesn't do much with his body. Favre jawed at everyone. Kap has swagger and he'll continue to harness those powers only for good. He's no out-of-control-hothead like Rivers, who NEVER knows when to shut up.
Fair enough. It's not a quality I like in my QB though.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

So I can't say that i'm sad to see both Gus Bradley and Ray Horton leaving the division. I can't wait to see Arians call four to seven step drops every play with that offensive line against the Niners defense twice a year.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
So I can't say that i'm sad to see both Gus Bradley and Ray Horton leaving the division. I can't wait to see Arians call four to seven step drops every play with that offensive line against the Niners defense twice a year.
Bradley isn't a big loss. Its Carroll's scheme so it will still thrive as long as he's there. Plus with the hiring of Quinn, they shouldn't miss a beat. Quinn should be another Bradley in a few years. That defense will continue to give us problems. Any 4-3 with good ends is going to give us problems, the more we incorporate the read-option into our gameplan.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Bradley isn't a big loss. Its Carroll's scheme so it will still thrive as long as he's there. Plus with the hiring of Quinn, they shouldn't miss a beat. Quinn should be another Bradley in a few years. That defense will continue to give us problems. Any 4-3 with good ends is going to give us problems, the more we incorporate the read-option into our gameplan.
He is a great game planner and talent evaluator and that won't be that easy to replace.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Michael Crabtree has been accused of sexual assault.

Quote:
(01-18) 19:08 PST SAN FRANCISCO --

San Francisco police have interviewed 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree about allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in the city following the team's victory last weekend, The Chronicle has learned.

The alleged attack occurred at an unnamed hotel early on Jan. 13, hours after the team's victory over the Green Bay Packers at Candlestick Park.

The incident is being investigated by the Special Victims Unit, whose detectives have interviewed Crabtree with his lawyer present. Crabtree has agreed to make himself available for possible further interviews about an assault.

The 25-year-old player - who has not been detained or arrested - is expected to play in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...on-4207109.php

Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

An Unexpected Journey? Just kidding.

Moss and Miller on the plane.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-18-2013 at 10:09 PM.