Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The chatter I'm hearing is that the Colts new OC might be Pep Hamilton, the Andrew Luck Director of Offense at Stanford. I think I love this move.
Great coup for Pagano if true. This kid is going to be a future HC.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Th browns hired Mike lombardi as head of player personnel.

Editing a childish post.

Still, goddamnit.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 01-18-2013 at 01:03 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and what exactly is that wrong with mike lombardi doing whatever a head of player personnel does?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be handling the draft.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Lombardi as an analyst on TV. We'll see how he does as a GM I guess.

I give him a pass for his days in Oakland. We all know Al Davis ran the show there.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Neither of our ILBs roam or freelance. Not sure where you got that from.
Meant it in the sense that one isn't really used as your traditional thumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan is in St. Louis interviewing for the DC job. From what I can gather Fish hasn't interviewed anyone else so we may have an announcement later today.

Stay tuned....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Lombardi hire, my Cleveland Browns fan friend said, "What a Cleveland Browns thing to do." I tend to agree.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I find the Matt Cavanaugh hire hilarious in Chicago. He, for all intents and purposes, seemed awful here. But if this is leading to the road of Tebow to Chicago, well... I guess that would be even more hilarious...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Also, I find the Matt Cavanaugh hire hilarious in Chicago. He, for all intents and purposes, seemed awful here. But if this is leading to the road of Tebow to Chicago, well... I guess that would be even more hilarious...
I am hoping no. He didn't pine for Tebow in any way did he? I mean Tebow never got a chance to start so I can't imagine he was supporting Tebow > Sanchez.

There is already a worry that Trestman likes Tebow. No me gusta.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I am hoping no. He didn't pine for Tebow in any way did he? I mean Tebow never got a chance to start so I can't imagine he was supporting Tebow > Sanchez.

There is already a worry that Trestman likes Tebow. No me gusta.
Let's just hope against the odds that Cutler lights it up and/or the Jets owner refuses to relinquish the human headline machine that is Tebow.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Let's just hope against the odds that Cutler lights it up and/or the Jets owner refuses to relinquish the human headline machine that is Tebow.
Could you imagine Tebow in the WCO where he has to make quick accurate throws? It would be God awful.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today was both terrific and terrible. Terrific that it sounds like Browns are getting Horton. Terrible because Lombardi.

Seriously, though, if the Browns get Horton, is there a team with better coordinators?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Today was both terrific and terrible. Terrific that it sounds like Browns are getting Horton. Terrible because Lombardi.

Seriously, though, if the Browns get Horton, is there a team with better coordinators?
Probably not. I like what they're doing in Cleveland. I'm iffy on the HC bc he's an unknown but those coordinators will make his life a lot easier.

I want to give Lombardi a chance. If the owner brings stability to that organization the way the Steelers have it, then I like the direction this team is going in.

But he has to be committed.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured I'd start this discussion in here rather than make up a new thread

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sure-diversity

Do people feel like this is necessary anymore? Because I feel like they are looking into changing something that isn't as big of a deal as theyre making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think it's a big deal. There still is a prejudice in hiring. I'm not saying that it's intentional, but the results are obvious.

Why is it that for a black coach to get a chance, he has to be a slam dunk candidate? I understand teams took chances on some of these hires, but why can't those same chances be applied to minority candidates?

And how the hell is Marc Ross still not a GM? In the Giants team forum we always joke around about how he'll have to wait a couple of years bc he's black. And unfortunately those jokes are coming true. How the **** does Mike Lombardi become a GM before Marc Ross?

How does Gettleman, who worked UNDER Ross, get the job before him?

How does Phil Emery get a GM position before Ross? It's amazing. It's complete ********.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Figured I'd start this discussion in here rather than make up a new thread

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sure-diversity

Do people feel like this is necessary anymore? Because I feel like they are looking into changing something that isn't as big of a deal as theyre making it out to be.
I've always thought the Rooney rule was dumb as all hell. By enforcing this type of ****, you do more to draw attention to the race factor than if you just left it alone. Moreover, interviewing someone of a different race when you have no real intention of hiring them is just ******* insulting.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like as results-driven as the NFL is, the Rooney rule shouldn't be necessary. Who has time to be a racist when millions of dollars are at stake?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any ideas or rumblings of where Chan Gailey might end up? Guy has to get an OC job somewhere unless hes taking the year off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think it's a big deal. There still is a prejudice in hiring. I'm not saying that it's intentional, but the results are obvious.

Why is it that for a black coach to get a chance, he has to be a slam dunk candidate? I understand teams took chances on some of these hires, but why can't those same chances be applied to minority candidates?

And how the hell is Marc Ross still not a GM? In the Giants team forum we always joke around about how he'll have to wait a couple of years bc he's black. And unfortunately those jokes are coming true. How the **** does Mike Lombardi become a GM before Marc Ross?

How does Phil Emery get a GM position before Ross? It's amazing. It's complete ********.
Or, maybe, he's doing something wrong. GM candidates we know a lot less about, so maybe there's something behind the scenes that he appears to be lacking. He's also young. Not every owner is willing to hand the GM keys over to someone that young. He might just need a couple more years in league circles.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best person for a job should get the job regardless of skin colour. The fact that the Rooney rule has (with obvious exceptions) at times descended into almost tokenism.

I'd say if you are that pig ignorant that you would take the 2nd best coach available simply because you didn't like the skin colour of the best coach available then you are harming yourself more than him.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like as results-driven as the NFL is, the Rooney rule shouldn't be necessary. Who has time to be a racist when millions of dollars are at stake?
This is painfully naive. Have you ever been to an exclusive country club? Do you know how many black CEOs there are? You can't simply separate yourself from your preconceived notions about race. That's not how racial and gender identity works.

As for the Rooney Rule, people who argue against it do so for philosophical reasons (and I wish there was a better system myself), but hiring of black coaches has increased since it was implemented. Maybe that's a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I'd say if you are that pig ignorant that you would take the 2nd best coach available simply because you didn't like the skin colour of the best coach available then you are harming yourself more than him.
That may be true, but it doesn't help the perpetually overlooked black candidate. All the Rooney Rule does is give him a chance to be heard. It doesn't ensure anything else.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

It happens the other way round as well. How did Jim Caldwell get a Head Coaching position before his boss Tom Moore did?

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You also have to understand that most of you are in your teens and 20s, and most NFL owners are rich old men, growing up at a time when most black people still couldn't vote or drink from the same fountain as a white person. They were raised in different times, and subconscious attitudes and stereotypes about people don't go away overnight.