Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just registered so I can get some more Colts talk. Try again MaxV the first time I registered it said my email was banned by the admin so that was weird. I just used a different email.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like it but we tend to run off a lot of new people.
Haha so does NFLDC :)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I tried to start an account on ColtFreak, but for some reason it didn't let me.

And then when I tried again, it told me that my email already exists.

Weird.
If you can remember what username you picked, or just tell me/send me your email address, I can have an admin fix it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try again later.

If it doesn't work, I'll send it to you.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per John Clayton, the Colts will have 46 million in cap room for 2013.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...cap-situations
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see it spent! Though I guess I'll have to, it's a long time til free agency.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-11-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Telesco was hired by the Chargers to be their GM. Speculation is Arians might have his best shot to land a HC gig in San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-telesco-again
Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Per John Clayton, the Colts will have 46 million in cap room for 2013.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...cap-situations
Saw this on the main forum recently, figured I'd add it here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

Gives the estimated cap space for all the teams. 3 teams have 45million to spend. Here I was thinking we'd be king of the hill in cap space all year.

10 teams are already over the cap for next year, so we should see some cap casualties from them.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Te'o now falls in the draft.

And would we draft him if he was there?

ILB isn't really a need, but he is the kind of prospect that can make a significant impact.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I really hope we don't.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, looks like we are looking for a new OC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ng-team-source
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I'm happy for BA. I think he's a good person and wish him the best with the Arizona job. Kinda ticked that Turner was hired by the Browns within the last 24 hours. I'll say this, really hope Clyde isn't promoted to OC.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Marty Mornhinweg would seem to be a likely candidate. There's the Grigson connection, he has experience in a West Coast system which Luck would be familiar with, and his only other prospect appears to be with the Jets. So unless he has a personal problem with Grigs, Pagano, or something like that, it would make sense that he'd be on the short list and would likely be interested.

No Clyde Christansen, no Tom Moore plz.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ugh....I have a feeling that Clyde gets the job.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Clyde the OC during the last few years and then demoted? I don't expect the front office will repeat that.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Wasn't Clyde the OC during the last few years and then demoted? I don't expect the front office will repeat that.
They demoted him and brought in Arians. To me that says they're not confident in Clyde as an OC. If they do promote him it'll be because all the good ones are gone. It'd just be a one year bandaid. I'm hoping for better than that this year though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is there aren't many good candidates for it. Former options such as Clyde Christensen (who isn't good) or Tom Moore (who would be a short-term option as he's about 100 years old) shouldn't be considered. None of the current positional coaches are well known enough to give any sort of idea whether they will be good enough. A lot of the currently available ones have problems. Mornhinweg would be a completely different system, going from a vertical Air Coryell based system that the Colts have run not just under Arians but for the Manning years as well, to the horizontal West Coast Offense. The same can be said for Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. Cam Cameron probably provides the most continuity, as would Mike Mularkey, and the later is a good QB developer, but both have real gameplan problems and playcalling issues.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah I did some more reading about Mornhinweg and I am not interested.

I wonder if New England's TE coach is an option. He's had a fair amount of offensive coaching experience and played QB in college. I think involving the TEs should be one of the top goals of this offense next year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumour has it that Stanford's OC Pep Hamilton is the favourite for the job.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Though that would also be a shift to a more horizontal style passing attack.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Mort is reporting that Pep Hamilton from Stanford is the leading candidate for our vacant OC postion.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...-colts-sources

Thinking this might be the best possibility right now for the team and esp for Luck. I'd still hope the vertical game would still be in full play and perhaps Allen/Fleener's role would only expand. Hamilton has NFL coaching experience which is a bonus and as Irsay said before last season, he wasn't in for hiring retreads. He'd be a fresh face for the franchise.

EDIT: The Star is reporting Pep is the man.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ew-coordinator

Last edited by RagingColt : 01-18-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added link
RagingColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Looks like it is Pep.

Well, we'll see.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Do we have to run the Stanford version of the WCO? Why not incorporate some of Mike McCarthy's concepts, especially with a QB like Luck (like Rodgers) that can throw well on the run?

One thing is for sure, the ball will get out much faster from Luck the coming year, IMO.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here is a mock that I would like to happen:

Round 1: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina, 6'3", 310 lbs (not as hyped as Warmack but I think he is just as solid)

Round 3: Will Davis, CB, Utah State, 6'0", 186, he probably does not get much recognition because of his college but he is 11th in the nation with interceptions. I also like Adrian Bushell, Louisville, in the 3rd Rd. He was with Florida and was expected to take Joe Haden's spot when he left for the NFL, however, Urban Meyer left Florida so Bushell did also

Round 4: Lavar Edwards, OLB/DE, LSU, 6'4", 258 lbs - lost in the headlines because of Mingo and Montgomery on the LSU squad but production is pretty close with sack total second behind Montgomery.

Round 6: Abry Jones, DT/DE, 6'3", 308 lbs, Georgia - perfect 5-tech candidate

Round 7: Brandon Bishop, FS, 6'2", 205 lbs, North Carolina State, solid safety
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

No idea on mocks right now just because free agency will be such a force in shaping the draft board. With Hamilton at OC this team absolutely has to add new OL starters. It seems more likely to me though that we add OL help in free agency and look for defensive help in the draft. I don't at all agree that Cooper is on Warmack's level. I have concerns about Coopers strength and demeanor.

I am not against adding more WCO. I doubt we will completely abandon the deep ball, it's not like all WCO teams dink and dunk exclusively. I like the move because it means we'll probably run more (and hopefully more effectively), and Luck won't get hit as much.

i done stole dis sig