Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Cell phones are typically allowed in ICUs. Just, good luck getting any reception.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its getting better for him but he should have added, "I'm sorry for purposely embellishing the relationship and story to the media and the fans." He provided a why, but a why isn't an apology. "I got caught up in the story and since I was being lied to, it was difficult to tell the difference between fantasy and reality. I gave the story the benefit of the doubt, but I was wrong and I wrongfully presented it to the world."

As long as he says that within the next week, then a lot of the pressure will drop. However, he didn't need a lawyer and he didn't need to huddle in silence for days with Tom Condon and spindoctors to come up with this story. This is a believeable explanation, but the doubt that it could all just be something that was provided for him to say by them is always something that could potentially be there.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

But instead we'll get strange press conferences, suspicious off-air interviews and bizarre side story explanations of who would have been responsible for duping him.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very disturbed by the obvious cover-up happening here. ESPN and other media peddlers (I can't call these people news reporters) are 100% complicit. I'm sure real news companies are equally complicit with businesses and politicians, but at least they hide it better.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As others have said, because no crime was committed, if Te'o keeps his mouth shut there's no obligation for him to explain fully what happened and eventually all the hoopla will die down.

Dude is still going to have a rep for being shady IMO as he continues his football career in the NFL.

His official story has more holes than a block of swiss cheese, but since no one can force Te'o to come clean, I doubt he ever will.

Unless one of the co-conspirators gets vindictive and decides to air out all the gory details.

I think if Te'o had managed to win the Heisman, this story would have damaged his rep that much more.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-...ntil-wednesday
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am very disturbed by the obvious cover-up happening here. ESPN and other media peddlers (I can't call these people news reporters) are 100% complicit. I'm sure real news companies are equally complicit with businesses and politicians, but at least they hide it better.
CNBC has had a lot more practice at this sort of thing. I'm sure that ESPN will get the hang of it.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"When (people) hear the facts, they'll know," he said. "They'll know that there is no way that I could be part of this."
So what are you waiting for?

Quote:
• He tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and FaceTime on several occasions, but the person at the other end of the line was in what he called a "black box" and wasn't seen.

• He planned to meet Kekua in person several times, including in Los Angeles and Hawaii, but on each occasion she called off the meeting or sent others in her place.
Yeah, ok. That's not suspicious at all...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Quote:
Amazingly, Te'o claimed he wasn't "fully convinced" that Lennay Kekua did not exist until Wednesday, after we published our report on the hoax. This goes against a good deal of what Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a press conference Wednesday night. (Te'o's agents at CAA, not Notre Dame, negotiated the interview with Schaap.) Swarbrick said he shared the findings from the university's investigation of the hoax with Te'o's parents more than two weeks ago, on Jan. 5. Had they really not told their son the news? And had Notre Dame told Te'o nothing? It was, after all, per Notre Dame's official account, a Dec. 26 tip from Te'o himself that prompted the school to investigate Kekua. According to Swarbrick, Te'o had received a call on Dec. 6 from a living woman who had previously identified herself as Kekua, who, you will recall, he believed to be dead.

Te'o also told Schaap—per the story available on ESPN.com—that a woman claiming to be Kekua turned up at the Notre Dame hotel before the BCS national championship game in Miami. Writes ESPN, "Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the hotel lobby."

Update (2:34 a.m.): ESPN has removed all references to the woman claiming to be Lennay showing up at the team hotel from its online story. There is no explanation, note, or correction in their story.
nothing weird at all...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notre Dame, CAA, and ESPN should all know that there's nothing to gain by talking. There are two smart moves:

1. Tell the truth and be done with it.
2. Shut up and wait for the story to go away.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does ESPN gain by doing this?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
nothing weird at all...
Here is what it now says:

Quote:
A group of people connected to Tuiasosopo showed up at the team hotel, after curfew, for the Discover BCS National Championship Game in Miami. Te'o said he knew they were at the hotel because the group took photos in the hotel lobby. Someone in the group called Te'o, saying they were waiting for Kekua to join them in the lobby and asking if she was with him. Te'o then hung up. Te'o said it affected his play in the game, where Notre Dame lost to Alabama 42-14.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
This is great. And should be the response every time Trump talks to anyone.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading through some of the past few pages, it seems to me that some of the Te'o supporters are betting on little else coming forward, and thus defending him from the vantage of the unknown. Seems a strange motive/method to defend someone.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems weird that Tuisopo(sp?) would come out at the very last minute with DM's on twitter saying it was all him and he was behind it. That just seems to convenient. If you had done something like that wouldn't you just leave it alone after the fake death? But all of a sudden he wants to confess, and then do it through twitter DM's and put himself out in the open randomly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized that the guy who wrote the Deadspin article was my communications professor in college. Weird guy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love how Te'o has handled this. He'll go on to have a great life. To those that are still mad and don't buy it... keep on, keepin' on baby. It don't matter none. There's nothing illegal you can pin on him.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Love how Te'o has handled this. He'll go on to have a great life. To those that are still mad and don't buy it... keep on, keepin' on baby. It don't matter none. There's nothing illegal you can pin on him.
Why does it need to be illegal for us to have something against him?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one here has made a claim he needs to be charged with anything. People just don't want to let him off the hook, nor should they. That's exactly what Manti Te'o and his family wants but we still have no idea what happened.

And you love how Te'o has handled this? You love that he had to wait several days to get his story straight? You love how he wouldn't let the interview be on air and forced ESPN to his stipulations? You love how many inaccuracies there are and how he admits to lying and playing up the story for the media?

I mean, if you love that, I really don't know what to say. I suppose it shows how morally corrupt we've become in regard to sports. The adage of, "I don't care what he does as long as he plays well" is far too common these days. Makes me kind of sick to like sports at times.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Either way, he'll be in trouble with NFL teams even if he decides to never tell the truth to the public. I mean, Notre Dame hired a private investigation firm to investigate this whole situation and find out the truth, which they are clearly trying their best to hide from the public, by not releasing the findings or talking publicly about it.

What's to stop interested NFL teams from hiring Private Investigators of their own? Even if we don't get to know the whole truth, the NFL teams will. So the real gauge in how much Te'o really was involved, will come from if/how far he drops in the draft.

The only thing we can say for certain is that there is a major cover-up of the story going on now. So I think it's pretty fair to assume something shady occured that Te'o isn't completely innocent in. If he was totally innocent, he would have everything to gain by coming forth with all the facts.

Yes, he would look like a gullible idiot. But that's better than the alternative, which is to look guilty and fraudulent.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Just realized that the guy who wrote the Deadspin article was my communications professor in college. Weird guy.
Was it this guy?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
RGKnee
Rookie

RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RGKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
My grandmother was recently hospitalized and she was able to use her cell phone to make calls or text messages whenever she wanted. Being the closest relative geographically, I was the primary point of contact and I never had to call the actual hospital. "Visiting hours" seem to have to do with the staff not wanting to deal with visitors.

Of course, the difference is, my grandmother is a real person. I certainly had to talk to the hospital (and her, in person) when I went to visit her. Not visiting your dying girlfriend is the thing that makes me think he was in on this. Seriously, he never visited or even tried to send her flowers or some other gift as a surprise?
Just as unbelievable is that Te'o would have an online only girlfriend in the first place. That's the province of lonely nerds, not star athletes at major universities.

The whole Kekua thing was simply a cover for him being ***, for the benefit of his family, who would wonder why he never has a woman on his arm. He goes away to college and his parents wonder if he's met any nice girls, so he fabricates a story about meeting this chick after a Stanford game.

The story was probably never meant to get into the press, but Te'o father couldn't help blabbing about it to the local paper (he's the one that initially mentioned the mystery girl meeting at Stanford), and from there the lie just ballooned out of control. Eventually they had to kill the girlfriend off or his family would begin to wonder why they had never met her, and that's when things really got crazy.

Him and Tui are lovers, the fake girl was just a cover for their relationship, stuff got out of hand. That's how the story fits together if you examine everything.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one here has made a claim he needs to be charged with anything. People just don't want to let him off the hook, nor should they. That's exactly what Manti Te'o and his family wants but we still have no idea what happened.

And you love how Te'o has handled this? You love that he had to wait several days to get his story straight? You love how he wouldn't let the interview be on air and forced ESPN to his stipulations? You love how many inaccuracies there are and how he admits to lying and playing up the story for the media?

I mean, if you love that, I really don't know what to say. I suppose it shows how morally corrupt we've become in regard to sports. The adage of, "I don't care what he does as long as he plays well" is far too common these days. Makes me kind of sick to like sports at times.
This has very little to do with corruption in sports. Te'o came forward and people don't believe him. Would they ever? No. This is the best he could do.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Either way, he'll be in trouble with NFL teams even if he decides to never tell the truth to the public. I mean, Notre Dame hired a private investigation firm to investigate this whole situation and find out the truth, which they are clearly trying their best to hide from the public, by not releasing the findings or talking publicly about it.

What's to stop interested NFL teams from hiring Private Investigators of their own? Even if we don't get to know the whole truth, the NFL teams will. So the real gauge in how much Te'o really was involved, will come from if/how far he drops in the draft.

The only thing we can say for certain is that there is a major cover-up of the story going on now. So I think it's pretty fair to assume something shady occured that Te'o isn't completely innocent in. If he was totally innocent, he would have everything to gain by coming forth with all the facts.

Yes, he would look like a gullible idiot. But that's better than the alternative, which is to look guilty and fraudulent.
Oh I'm sure there are a lot of other money seekers who will investigate this story 1 million times over. There's a lot of money to be made out of the gossip and rumors you can find.
Closed Thread