Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > DraftCountdown.com Spotlight > "DC" Scouting Reports

"DC" Scouting Reports See the Latest Scouting Report Additions!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley is also way more polished than Sanchez was coming out.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorz319 View Post
I don't see anything that indicates he will be a good NFL starter. I see more of a Mark Brunell type career for Barkley. Very Capable of winning a few games as a back up but as a starter will leave a lot to be desired despite his high football IQ. However, that is just my opinion.
This doesn't follow logically.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
This doesn't follow logically.
I don't think it has a problem logically, Mark Brunell was an average at best starting QB who never excelled at anything, however as a back up QB he was the kind of guy teams love as their clip board QB because of his intelligence and understanding of the offense; however, this does not mean he will make a good full time QB. Matt Barkley reminds me a lot of Brunell its not an insult just my opinion.

Last edited by Warriorz319 : 01-16-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Warriorz319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Barkley is also way more polished than Sanchez was coming out.
Agreed, Sanchez was riding the momentum of an insane Rose Bown performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it has a problem logically, Mark Brunell was an average at best starting QB who never excelled at anything, however as a back up QB he was the kind of guy teams love as their clip board QB because of his intelligence and understanding of the offense; however, this does not mean he will make a good full time QB. Matt Barkley reminds me a lot of Brunell its not an insult just my opinion.
Barkley and Brunell are nothing alike. Brunell was a very mobile QB and a very good QB in the late 90s - early 00s. Barkley is a pure pocket passer with great polish and experience as a 4 year starter. I like Barkley and think he can be a good QB at the next level, I see him as a guy who can have a Matt Schaub type career.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Barkley and Brunell are nothing alike. Brunell was a very mobile QB and a very good QB in the late 90s - early 00s. Barkley is a pure pocket passer with great polish and experience as a 4 year starter. I like Barkley and think he can be a good QB at the next level, I see him as a guy who can have a Matt Schaub type career.
I disagree that Brunell was a very good QB in the late 90's and early 2000's, Brunell was a solid serviceable QB. The Jaguars were a good football team because of a Great Running game led by Fred Taylor and an excellent Dom Capers defense, Brunell didn't hurt the team but he was not the reason they were putting up 10+ win seasons. As for the Comparison I am comparing the type of High Football IQ, led serviceable career that I believe that Barkley will have not a style of game comparison; That is why I say I think he will have a Brunell type of career, very solid and serviceable but not ever going to be a star. In my very first post I said his skill set was more like a Jimmy Clausen as they are/were both maxed out potentially as they enter/ed the NFL and are pocket passers with average arms, high intelligence and accuracy. Everyone seems stuck in the Brunell was a mobile QB thing, so perhaps I should have choose a different serviceable QB like Kyle Orton; however, I was comparing a caliber of career not playing style in the Brunell comparison perhaps I didn't make that clear.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Perhaps I just undervalue what Brunell did for the Jags but I only saw average and Serviceable.

Last edited by Warriorz319 : 01-17-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Mark Brunell being Steve Young lite in Jacksonville.

If Matt Barkley can sniff that level of play, he's going to be steal if he isn't taken top 10.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barkley and Brunell are nothing alike. Brunell was a very mobile QB and a very good QB in the late 90s - early 00s.
This.

Quote:
I disagree that Brunell was a very good QB in the late 90's and early 2000's, Brunell was a solid serviceable QB. The Jaguars were a good football team because of a Great Running game led by Fred Taylor and an excellent Dom Capers defense, Brunell didn't hurt the team but he was not the reason they were putting up 10+ win seasons. As for the Comparison I am comparing the type of High Football IQ, led serviceable career that I believe that Barkley will have not a style of game comparison; That is why I say I think he will have a Brunell type of career, very solid and serviceable but not ever going to be a star. In my very first post I said his skill set was more like a Jimmy Clausen as they are/were both maxed out potentially as they enter/ed the NFL and are pocket passers with average arms, high intelligence and accuracy. Everyone seems stuck in the Brunell was a mobile QB thing, so perhaps I should have choose a different serviceable QB like Kyle Orton; however, I was comparing a caliber of career not playing style in the Brunell comparison perhaps I didn't make that clear.
There are two different Brunells...pre-knee injury Brunell (95-97) and post-knee injury Brunell (98-on). After he wrecked his knee, he kinda sucked tbh. Before the knee injury, he really was Steve Young lite. That 96 season was just absurd...4000 yards passing (led the league) and 400 yards rushing (led all QBs).

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
There are two different Brunells...pre-knee injury Brunell (95-97) and post-knee injury Brunell (98-on). After he wrecked his knee, he kinda sucked tbh. Before the knee injury, he really was Steve Young lite. That 96 season was just absurd...4000 yards passing (led the league) and 400 yards rushing (led all QBs).
Yea he led the league in passing yards but the Jags were 17th in the league in passing TD's which is by far and away the more important stat, let alone he was sacked 50 times that year. Brunell was a solid QB but he was never one of the league elite he was solid nothing special. That's all I'm saying.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Barkley's measurements at the combine affect his stock? Official Height/Weight was 6'2 1/2, 227lbs with a 10 1/8 hand. Sounds like we can cross off "less than ideal measurements" for Barkley.

BTW he measured in taller and heavier than Geno Smith with almost a 1inch larger hand.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
How does Barkley's measurements at the combine affect his stock? Official Height/Weight was 6'2 1/2, 227lbs with a 10 1/8 hand. Sounds like we can cross off "less than ideal measurements" for Barkley.

BTW he measured in taller and heavier than Geno Smith with almost a 1inch larger hand.
I think it all comes down to his pro day. It seems the knock on him is arm strength - scouts want to see some zip on passes and see if he has the ability to throw the ball downfield to challenge defenses. I still think Barkley and Smith are pretty similar - I give Smith the nod in running a 40 faster and Barkley the nod in leadership and character. Other than that I think their games are fairly similar - Barkley IMO is more accurate with deep passes and it's a push with short to middle passing accuracy.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devout Christian who has spent time in both Haiti and Nigeria building homes, distributing supplies and helping those in need.

Would most likely have been a Top 10 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft but opted to stay in school.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it all comes down to his pro day. It seems the knock on him is arm strength - scouts want to see some zip on passes and see if he has the ability to throw the ball downfield to challenge defenses. I still think Barkley and Smith are pretty similar - I give Smith the nod in running a 40 faster and Barkley the nod in leadership and character. Other than that I think their games are fairly similar - Barkley IMO is more accurate with deep passes and it's a push with short to middle passing accuracy.
His pro day will be huge. I feel he'll be able to show the necessary arm strength, and he has already wowed scouts with the intangibles, which I sense scouts/teams have questions with when it comes to Geno Smith. When draft day finally arrives, I think Barkley will be the first QB taken and a top 10 selection.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote