Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Dion's ability to cover this new breed of athletic tight end. It is a huge asset to have somebody so long and fluid, not to mention having decent ball skills coming from a wr/te past.

Even though he doesn't have elite rush skills he has the athleticism to beat tackles off of the snap which is the most important trait you would look for.

My issue with Jordan will be his ability to anchor if teams run right at him. He has good bend and fights off blocks but boy is he light in the pants. My guess is he would show up at the combine 6'6 245 but still could use another 10-15 lbs of good weight to hold up.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his best role would be in a 4-3 like that of Von Miller in Denver. On running downs he is a Sam and on passing downs he goes to DE. That's the way I've always viewed him. You don't want him taking on RTs and double teams against the run but you don't want him constantly playing space and not moving forward often either. You kind of have to play him in a Miller role to get the most out of him.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I think his best role would be in a 4-3 like that of Von Miller in Denver. On running downs he is a Sam and on passing downs he goes to DE. That's the way I've always viewed him. You don't want him taking on RTs and double teams against the run but you don't want him constantly playing space and not moving forward often either. You kind of have to play him in a Miller role to get the most out of him.
I know Von Miller is the hot comparison for Jordan, but I really think Jordan's better comp is Julian Peterson. He's much more of a 4-3 OLB than a DE hybrid. He's more lengthy and fluid than Miller and isn't as sudden as Miller either.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I know Von Miller is the hot comparison for Jordan, but I really think Jordan's better comp is Julian Peterson. He's much more of a 4-3 OLB than a DE hybrid. He's more lengthy and fluid than Miller and isn't as sudden as Miller either.
Dion is a pure 3-4 OLB, great at setting the edge despite not being thick at all, and being tall, and a very talented pass rusher, and can obviously cover. For some reason he reminds me of Jason Taylor, but obviously just in play style. He's got that same move that JT got a lot of his sacks on, that big slap down move to the outside, where he turns the corner real quick...and obviously that same killer instinct and motor. Similar types of emotion leaders as well, or at least Dion's been that type of leader for this Oregon D.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I always see Julian Peterson and Manny Lawson when I watch Jordan.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Very interesting comparisons. Manny Lawson was/is a physical freak that couldn't translate athleticism into production. Peterson got the most of his ability.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Very interesting comparisons. Manny Lawson was/is a physical freak that couldn't translate athleticism into production. Peterson got the most of his ability.
That's the thing... Lawson has simply blown my mind many times with his ability to cover receivers in space. This is something that Jordan is often praised for. Lawson never really put it together to become a consistent sack artist. Will Jordan be seen similarly if he's a freak in coverage but just another guy in QB pressures?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on where Jordan goes in this draft? I would love to have him in St. Louis at #16 but I fear he may be gone by then.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be shocked if Dion Jordan goes 2nd overall to the Jags and I dont see Jordan falling out of the top 10.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting article on Jordan and Kenjon Barner. Jordan is training and attempting to put on weight as you might expect (supposedly is trying to get to 250 by the combine), but he's at 234 right now - up 7 pounds from when he started training. Apparently he was playing in the mid-high 220's, which is pretty wild and obviously much lighter than where he was listed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8726--nfl.html
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Interesting article on Jordan and Kenjon Barner. Jordan is training and attempting to put on weight as you might expect (supposedly is trying to get to 250 by the combine), but he's at 234 right now - up 7 pounds from when he started training. Apparently he was playing in the mid-high 220's, which is pretty wild and obviously much lighter than where he was listed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8726--nfl.html
I am also a concerned Jets fan that Jordan is a top 10 pick. He's certainly an exciting athlete and has huge potential. if that was the pick, because he runs a 4.5 at 260 ok fair enough.

but there is a devils advocate position on this player:

-is his height of 6'7" is real? If it is, it presents leverage issues at outside linebacker. How does a guy that tall backpedal? If he's 6'4" and a half, this is actually good news for 3-4 teams. at a legit 6'7" a better projection is to bulk him up big time and put him in a 4-3, 3 years from now. or should have been a left tackle?

-could be shades of Aaron Maybin with the weight issues. Oregon ran an up tempo football program maybe that's why he kept losing weight. But it's a real good OLB year. he's not a legit 260 like Moore, Monty and Mingo and he didn't produce like Jarvis Jones at 240. it will be interesting to see where he ends up in March or whenever pro day. and can he sustain that growth?

-the Oregon pedigree isn't exactly amazing when it comes to NFL defenders.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Any thoughts on where Jordan goes in this draft? I would love to have him in St. Louis at #16 but I fear he may be gone by then.
Not sure you can afford a backup DE in the first round, unless you were going to use some sort of Bear defense (1985 version), which is always a possiblity with Jeff Fisher there.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
I am also a concerned Jets fan that Jordan is a top 10 pick. He's certainly an exciting athlete and has huge potential. if that was the pick, because he runs a 4.5 at 260 ok fair enough.

but there is a devils advocate position on this player:

-is his height of 6'7" is real? If it is, it presents leverage issues at outside linebacker. How does a guy that tall backpedal? If he's 6'4" and a half, this is actually good news for 3-4 teams. at a legit 6'7" a better projection is to bulk him up big time and put him in a 4-3, 3 years from now. or should have been a left tackle?

-could be shades of Aaron Maybin with the weight issues. Oregon ran an up tempo football program maybe that's why he kept losing weight. But it's a real good OLB year. he's not a legit 260 like Moore, Monty and Mingo and he didn't produce like Jarvis Jones at 240. it will be interesting to see where he ends up in March or whenever pro day. and can he sustain that growth?

-the Oregon pedigree isn't exactly amazing when it comes to NFL defenders.
I've played basketball vs him before, he's close to a legit 6'7", probably right around 6'6" though. But he's REALLY tall and REALLY lanky, he's gonna come in with really long arms. I think Oregon prefers lighter, faster defenders, as their "drop end" spot player, where DJ plays, is usually really tall and lanky and usually pretty light. Boseko Lokombo, who plays opposite Jordan is around 6'3" 230.

Lol at the notion of Mingo being 260, the guys a STICK.

The Oregon pedigree isn't exactly amazing anywhere. Honestly you could say its better on D. Haloti Ngata is among the best in the league. Oregon just plain really didn't have the NFL talent before the last couple years. You can really only point to two guys who were real NFL talents, and they were monsters for us in J Stew and Ngata.

Last edited by Duffman57 : 01-19-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not sure you can afford a backup DE in the first round, unless you were going to use some sort of Bear defense (1985 version), which is always a possiblity with Jeff Fisher there.
I think he could be a very good fit with the Rams. Fisher likes to switch things up in the front 7 a lot. I think he can play SLB. His speed vs. the run, his coverage skills against TE's. And on obvious passing downs, he could move into a DE position while Long kicks inside, which they have done some in the past. Versatility is what a lot of teams are looking for, and I think his size, skill set and athleticism make him as versatile as anyone in this draft.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I've played basketball vs him before, he's close to a legit 6'7", probably right around 6'6" though. But he's REALLY tall and REALLY lanky, he's gonna come in with really long arms. I think Oregon prefers lighter, faster defenders, as their "drop end" spot player, where DJ plays, is usually really tall and lanky and usually pretty light. Boseko Lokombo, who plays opposite Jordan is around 6'3" 230.

Lol at the notion of Mingo being 260, the guys a STICK.

The Oregon pedigree isn't exactly amazing anywhere. Honestly you could say its better on D. Haloti Ngata is among the best in the league. Oregon just plain really didn't have the NFL talent before the last couple years. You can really only point to two guys who were real NFL talents, and they were monsters for us in J Stew and Ngata.
T.J. Ward and Jairus Byrd would also like to say hi!
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jordan's best position is definitely as a 3-4 OLB. He has excellent play recognition, sets the edge well, can cover very well for the position, and is a good speed rusher. I don't really like him as a 4-3 OLB because his height puts him at a disadvantage making tackles in space, and he is better at setting the edge than getting off blocks in traffic. Also, he is a bit light for a 4-3 end and his coverage skills would be better utilized as an OLB.

I like Jordan a lot as a prospect, even though I don't think he has the positional versatility some believe he has. He isn't a great pure pass rusher at this point, but he uses his hands really well and bends well for a 6'7" guy. Give him time to develop some pass rushing moves and he could become a very good pass rusher.

My biggest issue with Jordan's pass rushing ability is his lack of power. He won't have that bull rush to get linemen on their heels, at least not at the weight he is now. He could develop interior speed moves, but those aren't as effective if he can't bull rush. Still, he is one of the more complete 3-4 OLB prospects in the draft.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this dude tests well at the combine (or any other well-tested player) you can pretty much call him a lock to the browns. Mike LOLmbardi loves measurementzzz/freakzz

Won't matter if he's actually good or bad at football.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 01-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
If this dude tests well at the combine (or any other well-tested player) you can pretty much call him a lock to the browns. Mike LOLmbardi loves measurementzzz/freakzz

Won't matter if he's actually good or bad at football.
Is that the Lombardi that was at NFL network? no offense but I found him to be clueless.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Is that the Lombardi that was at NFL network? no offense but I found him to be clueless.
Yeah. We hired the guy that thought Joe Haden was too slow to be a good corner. The same dip **** who felt Josh Gordon was an absolute waste of a pick.

Yeah, he's running the Browns draft now.

Lawlz

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Jairus Byrd is a Top 10 safety and arguably the best young FS in the league (along with Earl Thomas)
Completely forgot about all the DB's. Thurmond was good, Chung, Ward and Byrd were all productive.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Jairus Byrd is a Top 10 safety and arguably the best young FS in the league (along with Earl Thomas)
Byrd is dirty. Been a fan since his last year at Oregon, and he's been making an impact since his rookie year.

OK that was my addition to this.

Jordan's upside, to me, is the good version of Calvin Pace with less FFs and more PDs. Something like Pace's '07 season.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the potential of this guy. His coverage ability for a 34 backer is unmatched. He could be the best coverage 34 backer the very first time he sets football on an NFL field. He also has high upside as a pass rusher. He bends exceptionally well around the corner. Contrary to popular believe he does actually use a varity of pass rush moves as well its just that he doesn't often need to use them because he is either in coverage or blows by the OT before he needs to make a move. His sack numbers are not exactly high either, however, when you are rushing the passer 50% less than the other pass rusher your stats will never compare.

He does have some flaws he needs to work on such as getting too high at times as well as his weight. It is very worrisome that he played at 226. I believe Aaron Maybin was too lazy to put in the work to keep his weight up. I don't have the same fear with Dion who is a hardworker and leader who will put the time in. It is a matter of how his body handles it. If his body will allow him to put on weight as well as keep it on and not lose his explosiveness then he can be a star.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dion Jordan, but why hasn't Kiko Alonso gotten much hype? In the Oregon games I've watched, it's been Kiko that's in on every play.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I like Dion Jordan, but why hasn't Kiko Alonso gotten much hype? In the Oregon games I've watched, it's been Kiko that's in on every play.
I've been wondering the same thing. I love Alonso.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Manny yes... But how is being Peterson a bad thing? If Jordan can be Peterson he should go top 7
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote