Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ. Of course, something would happen before the NFCCG. If its not one thing, its another. Damn Crabtree, I hope he didnt do anything stupid but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if he did. It seems like every other day, an NFL player is getting arrested or accused of something. UGH.

If Crabtree doesnt play Sunday, we're done. I dont see the team winning without Crabtree.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Jesus Christ. Of course, something would happen before the NFCCG. If its not one thing, its another. Damn Crabtree, I hope he didnt do anything stupid but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if he did. It seems like every other day, an NFL player is getting arrested or accused of something. UGH.

If Crabtree doesnt play Sunday, we're done. I dont see the team winning without Crabtree.
So far everything says he's going to play Sunday.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah, things won't move fast enough for him to not play on Sunday. I hope it's not true, though. For several reasons.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yeah, things won't move fast enough for him to not play on Sunday. I hope it's not true, though. For several reasons.
I hope so but at the same time, if we win tomorrow and something happens in which Crabtree misses the Super Bowl and we lose in the SB, im going to be the most pissed off 49ers fan ever!!!

With that being said, I really hope Crabtree didnt do anything stupid.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep your eyes out for an NFC Championship Gameday Thread tonight.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will it come with extra spice to it this weekend borat? Been missing your game day threads. Better have a lot of Kaep love.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Keep your eyes out for an NFC Championship Gameday Thread tonight.
Will do. Good thing because I was going to just make a regular one since it was getting close to game time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Annnnnnnnnd here it is

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi CJ. No room left for you to jump back on the 49ers bandwagon but thanks for posting. :)

Last night, I was reflecting on what the 2011 49ers Draft class has already done so far, their impact and what's to come.

1 (7). OLB Aldon Smith
2 (36). QB Colin Kaepernick
3 (80). CB Chris Culliver
4 (115). RB Kendall Hunter
5 (163). OG Daniel Kilgore
6 (182). WR Ronald Johnson
6 (190). DB Colin Jones
7 (211). FB Bruce Miller
7 (239). OG Mike Person
7 (250). DB Curtis Holcomb

UDFAs: NT Ian Williams, DE Demarcus Dobbs, QB Scott Tolzien (sort of)

The team was already heading for great things IMO but that Draft really helped speed up the process, especially addressing key contributors in areas of need.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 2010 draft class needs some love too....2 All-Pros in that class. Baalke is dat dude.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

2010 was damn good too.

Davis, Iupati, BOWMAN, Williams and even Dixon. For the most part, Niners have done good when drafting. Hopefully, at 32, they'll get an impact player on the DL. :)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010-2011 were monster drafts. Don't forget we had a killer FA in 2011 too. Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin. That's 3 pro-bowl quality players (although not so much for Rogers this year). Re-signing Goldson, Alex, and McDonald that offseason too. Akers was a beast in 2011 too.

James is looking pretty legit from 2012 too. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else pans out. We didn't really make much of a push in 2012 FA but Moss and Manningham have been good in their roles for us. Obviously Crabs is our main guy but if we didn't have Moss we'd be SOL at the WR position after Crabtree.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Not gonna lie I really like your guys draft after those 1st three picks. Obviously Smith & Kapernick have huge upside but I think they are more likely to fall short of their potentials than become stars. I obviously don't have the medical report of Robert Quinn but I just feel like his is a much better player. Just not a fan of Chris Culliver, and to announce him at CB is just...I think the only chance his has in the NFL is FS.
fail :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's all good man. Several of us questioned the Aldon pick as well. Kaep's success has happened a lot sooner than what most of us would have expected I imagine. Most of us were good with the Culliver pick, I believe. Though I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him at the time.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I didnt even want Aldon and even said...who??? I was wrong but im happy about that. Guy has been awesome.

Kaepernick wasnt expected to start until probably next season but Smith suffering a concussion ended that plan and well, there's no going back. If we win the Super Bowl in two weeks, mark my words, its going to start a dynasty. To lead the team to the Super Bowl after just 9 games is awesome and he's only going to get better.

Culliver is a good CB and could be a starter opposite Brown next year depending on what happens with Rogers.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when you didn't want Harbaugh Dan?

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Remember when you didn't want Harbaugh Dan?
Yes. I wanted Gruden instead. I was wrong and im happy about that. While there's still some stuff I dont like at times, Harbaugh is following in the footsteps of Walsh and Kaepernick is going to be his version of Montana. The pistol formation isnt Harbaugh's invention but he's going to be the one that perfects it along with Kaepernick.

Dont know about anyone else but since Kaepernick started the Bears game, I havent wanted Smith back period. I have said it since the Bears game that he'll be the guy that gets us back to the Super Bowl. Granted, there were a few slip ups (Rams and Seahawks losses) and I wasnt happy but that had more to do with the questionable play-calling at times than anyone or anything else.

Either way, im a happy 49ers fan and thats all that matters. :) :P
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I think the 49ers are wearing their red jerseys for the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the 49ers are wearing their red jerseys for the Super Bowl.
Yep. Giants (NFC) were the road team last year.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way can Aldon Smith get a damn sack? Jesus Christ he hasn't done **** in five straight games. I mean maybe his shoulder is bugging him. Or maybe he has some other injury. He has gotten some pressures, but Manny Lawson did that garbage. But let's get back on track to FINISHING opponents. Get a dude on the ******* ground. I think our pass rush could screw us out of a win in the Super Bowl, and right now Aldon needs to pick it up. I don't want to see Flacco with a clean jersey like Ryan had for the majority of Sunday's game, throwing bombs to Torrey Smith.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way if you want to watch the game again, including the post game trophy presentation here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNKizEwvp0A

Quote:
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way can Aldon Smith get a damn sack? Jesus Christ he hasn't done **** in five straight games. I mean maybe his shoulder is bugging him. Or maybe he has some other injury. He has gotten some pressures, but Manny Lawson did that garbage. But let's get back on track to FINISHING opponents. Get a dude on the ******* ground. I think our pass rush could screw us out of a win in the Super Bowl, and right now Aldon needs to pick it up. I don't want to see Flacco with a clean jersey like Ryan had for the majority of Sunday's game, throwing bombs to Torrey Smith.
Part of it is that teams are playing Aldon differently. They're actually doubling him more and leaving Cowboy to work one-on-one because of his tricep injury, knowing he's not a 100%. Part of is that Aldon has lost some steam. This is his first year as a starter, playing starters minutes. He and Brooks are in virtually every defensive package we have. They're going to tire and wear down, towards the end of the year. The whole front seven just looks a step slow at times. That's what happens when you don't sub and your rely on basically two guys (Aldon and Cowboy) for a majority of your pressure. We need to get Brooks and Aldon some help next year. They're going to run these guys ragged if we don't improve our pass-rush depth. Just one more reliable guy on 3rd and longs would go a long way to saving these guys legs at the end of the year.

Also, Aldon is a power rusher. He's not a quick-twitch guy, off the edge. He gets by with a lot of power moves and counters off of those power moves. He's not a Von Miller where his first step is going to blow past a OT and he's right on the QB. I also haven't been a fan of some of our line splits lately. Brooks and Aldon seem to be too wide. Guys like Rodgers and Ryan, you need to compress the pocket and bring pressure right in front of their face, not necessarily edge pressure. Flaaco is different. Edge pressure will spook him some but still, I think the outside guys have been looping too wide and its been totally ineffective.

Point blank, Fangio needs to be more creative with some blitzes. I say it all the time, you can't do the same ****, year to year....this league will catch up with you. We're pretty much doing the same **** we did last year and teams are slowly figuring out how to get us in unfavorable match-ups. You have to off-set that with throwing some different looks out. It almost cost us the NFCCG because on that last drive, we went back to that man under look and Ryan was slowly picking us apart, marching down the field. Like I said in the gameday thread, when your a defense that lives and dies by man coverage, your going to have days where you get beat and there's nothing you can do about it. The Giants game this year was a perfect example. Only difference between that game and the NFCCG is that offense strung together two drives to get us back in the game. But it was the same scenario...and QB who was putting perfect passes on receivers who were making great plays on the ball. Our defense tends to get deflated when we see teams beating us one-on-one, downfield. That 40 yard pass play to Juilo Jones was the first TD pass we've given up over 40 yards all year. Our guys aren't used to that. They're used to winning their one-on-ones. They lose their swagger when they get a couple of long passes completed on them. The D-Line knows they aren't getting there fast enough and the DBs know they aren't holding up long enough in coverage. They seem to lose that edge and its like a snowball effect.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-22-2013 at 04:13 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Ahhhhhhh....good to be back in the only forum that matters to me. My beloved and soon to be SIX time world champion San Francisco 49ers. :)

Why you guys even post in the NFL forum is beyond me. Instead of talking about football in general, got people talking about their man crushes for every QB. UGH. Give me a break.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote: