Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fluker will be drafted to play RT, he is no where near the athlete that Glenn was and completely lacks the feet for the LT position. He'll go late 1st or early second because RT's don't get drafted too early.
Could he play OG, yes, but he has little experience playing there and may take a year or 2 to reach even average production. His agent will also resist the move because OG's make less money than OT's including RT's.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have focused soley on pass rushers this season but many times a guy I was watching was playing Alabama. D.J. Fluker is one of the worst OTs I have watched this season. I think Bobbie Massie was better than him last year and Massie fell to the 4th. Fluker may not fall that far because this is a weaker class, but I don't think anyone is going to get a good quality starter out of him.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
After watching more of Barrett Jones, I'm 99% sure he's going to fall alot father than people expect.

He struggled with the speed A&M gave him. It lead to TFL, holding penalties, and interior of the pocket was basically collapsed on numerous plays.

NFL evaluators are going to continue wondering if he has the athleticism to play in the NFL.
Jeff Saturday isn't a great athlete, and he's had a nice career. Also, Barrett Jones is very intelligent.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are seeing this more and more often in the NFL. I call it the Saints method of drafting big, physical nasty OTs and moving them to OG. Like Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Kelechi Osemele come to mind.

Fluker to me is a more battle tested, SEC, version of Kelechi Osemele who was really good for the Ravens at RT and LG and if we re-drafted would go in the 1st round.

Sometimes these guys even make it at OT, Cordy Glenn and Orlando Franklin.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
I have focused soley on pass rushers this season but many times a guy I was watching was playing Alabama. D.J. Fluker is one of the worst OTs I have watched this season. I think Bobbie Massie was better than him last year and Massie fell to the 4th. Fluker may not fall that far because this is a weaker class, but I don't think anyone is going to get a good quality starter out of him.

"I thought even in pass protection this year he did a heck of a job," Kiper Jr. said. "That was the big question mark with him. Got very incredibly long arms, physical, tough player. I thought he held up a lot better in pass protection."

Kiper Jr. ranks Fluker as the No. 1 right tackle available in the 2013 NFL Draft. In his latest mock draft, he has Fluker landing with the St. Louis Rams at No. 22.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com projected Fluker to go 13th overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in..._dj_fluke.html
Old 01-20-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Bobby Massie.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Lol Bobby Massie.
The guy started to get it late in the season.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Lol Bobby Massie.

I am guessing you are a Bama fan?

What is your opinion of Fluker?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite as nimble on his feet as some would want in a right tackle but against most of the top speed rushers he faced this year he did quite well. I think wherever he ends up he will be a serviceable lineman for the next decade. Very effective in the run game and with the right coaching I think big Fluker could be a stud in the pass pro as well.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why all this hate on DJ Fluker, kid has been an NFL prospect since his redshirt freshman year. He can physically impose his will on defensive lineman and linebackers, he moves people. Sure might be so so in pass protection but has got way better since he started.

He will be a 1st round pick, no reason to think he cannot have a good pro career. And like many have said as well as myself long time ago, if tackle does not work out guard is a possibility as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

@DraftCountdown: #Alabama OT D.J. Fluker is HUGE! 6-4 7/8 and 355 pounds, 36 3/8 Arms, 10 1/4 Hands with a 87 Wingspan!!! WOW!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Fluker's calf is ok he could make some money this week. If he can show he can handle pass rushers he could go as high as mid teens

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was a scout I would be drooling over Fluker right now and re watching tape. That kind of size just doesn't come around too often.

I hope no one compares him to Cordy Glenn as Glenn was a great athlete.

Also if I was a scout my team would probably draft him and then he would just totally let himself go and he would suck because he has no quickness
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

I really hope that if he practices that he gets some reps at OG.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I think you are seeing this more and more often in the NFL. I call it the Saints method of drafting big, physical nasty OTs and moving them to OG. Like Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Kelechi Osemele come to mind.

Fluker to me is a more battle tested, SEC, version of Kelechi Osemele who was really good for the Ravens at RT and LG and if we re-drafted would go in the 1st round.

Sometimes these guys even make it at OT, Cordy Glenn and Orlando Franklin.
I don't think you get to name it since it's been happening in the entire time that the NFL has existed. We're not seeing more and more of it. It's always been the case. Most NFL guards were big, physical tackles at some point who were converted because they didn't have the quickness or footwork for the outside. The Saints just had two success stories at the same time, so you finally noticed it. ;)
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't think you get to name it since it's been happening in the entire time that the NFL has existed. We're not seeing more and more of it. It's always been the case. Most NFL guards were big, physical tackles at some point who were converted because they didn't have the quickness or footwork for the outside. The Saints just had two success stories at the same time, so you finally noticed it. ;)
While that may be true in some cases, the reason many guys get moved inside is more for a lack of length.

The thing that jumps off the screen when watching Fluker is how nasty he is, I would venture to say you won't find many guys that have the desire to wipe his man on the stat sheet like he does.

Technically he has his deficiencies, 1st off he does not play with the best balance, which is easily correctable especially with such a large base as he has.

His hand placement is inconsistent, but again a lot of that has to do with the balance issue.

I think you try to project him as a guard to be honest (If you value LG more than RT), he isn't the athlete Iupati is in space, but I think he is stronger at the point that him. His length and ability to brawl in a phone booth would do wonders at LG with all these hybrid 30 fronts bringing their 5 tech's in on the guards on passing situations to exploit mismatches (i.e. JJ Watt).

My last thought on him would be that is going to run better than a lot of people think, he may be a little tight in the calves and ankles but he is no slouch when it comes to movement skills, the ability is clearly there.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
While that may be true in some cases, the reason many guys get moved inside is more for a lack of length.

The thing that jumps off the screen when watching Fluker is how nasty he is, I would venture to say you won't find many guys that have the desire to wipe his man on the stat sheet like he does.

Technically he has his deficiencies, 1st off he does not play with the best balance, which is easily correctable especially with such a large base as he has.

His hand placement is inconsistent, but again a lot of that has to do with the balance issue.

I think you try to project him as a guard to be honest (If you value LG more than RT), he isn't the athlete Iupati is in space, but I think he is stronger at the point that him. His length and ability to brawl in a phone booth would do wonders at LG with all these hybrid 30 fronts bringing their 5 tech's in on the guards on passing situations to exploit mismatches (i.e. JJ Watt).

My last thought on him would be that is going to run better than a lot of people think, he may be a little tight in the calves and ankles but he is no slouch when it comes to movement skills, the ability is clearly there.
I think he is going to blow up the combine.

I think he is the most powerful player we have seen in the draft process maybe ever.

In the phone booth when he does not need to re-direct, when he just has to punch, grab and sit he could be awesome.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he is going to blow up the combine.

I think he is the most powerful player we have seen in the draft process maybe ever.

In the phone booth when he does not need to re-direct, when he just has to punch, grab and sit he could be awesome.
Thats why I think if he can move inside he could potentially be a better Guard than Warmack. Given a power blocking scheme.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Thats why I think if he can move inside he could potentially be a better Guard than Warmack. Given a power blocking scheme.
The biggest problems OGs have is getting bull rushed and allowing the pocket to collapse.

Good luck bull rushing this guy.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Slooow down there, Tex.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he needs to lose about 15-20lbs. I could see him dropping to late round 1 or early round 2 if teams question his committment to staying in shape.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think he needs to lose about 15-20lbs. I could see him dropping to late round 1 or early round 2 if teams question his committment to staying in shape.
Where is he losing it from?

He looks like he is in really good shape.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=fluker...9,r:3,s:0,i:94
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where is he losing it from?

He looks like he is in really good shape.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=fluker...9,r:3,s:0,i:94
That's just about the healthiest-looking 355 lbs ever.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if Fluker runs with his top off you aren't going to see a titty bounce like you did with Andre Smith. He is so damn solid and thick the whole way through his body.

In the right scheme Fluker could be dominant at either RT or inside at OG. Don't ask him to be a zone guy or anything like that but he could be damn nasty in a power blocking front.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Fluker will be drafted to play RT, he is no where near the athlete that Glenn was and completely lacks the feet for the LT position. He'll go late 1st or early second because RT's don't get drafted too early.
Could he play OG, yes, but he has little experience playing there and may take a year or 2 to reach even average production. His agent will also resist the move because OG's make less money than OT's including RT's.
I don't buy that at all

Fluker will get paid based on where he gets drafted just like any other rookie.

And Fluker will play wherever his NFL team wants him to play.

Good Right Tackles get drafted in the same kind of area as good Guard prospects. Teams will play him wherever they need him.

All this can change after 3-4 seasons when he becomes eligible for free agency, but until then neither Fluker or his agent will have much choice in his career options.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote