Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaaaand drunk

Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and he just puts in back down, what an ass :p

Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got the Ravens match-up. I didn't really care who won that game, but I'd get more satisfaction from beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl than I would the Ravens.

I've always liked the Ravens. If I weren't a 49ers fan I'd be a Ravens fan. Looking forward to this match-up. Should be a good one. Two weeks to go!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad this franchise has made it all the way back to SB. It was brutal there for awhile but we've slowly crawled our way back to title contention. That being said I went from being happy right back to being worried as hell all over again.

And I hate to rain on everybody's 'happy happy, joy joy' but I thought all along, that if we made it to the SB, the Ravens were the one team in the AFC we did not match up well against. We've struggled with teams just as physical as us, upfront along the lines, all year. Rams, 'Hawks, and Vikes. Ravens D-Line is better than all of them. They haven't played great do to injuires but they're just as good and physical as our D-Line, and arguably deeper. Their O-Line will be the best we've faced all year. We barely touched Matt Ryan today. Just seems like a tough match-up. I see a lot ppl talking like we dodged a bullet not having to face Brady twice...not even. You see what physical teams have done to them all year....loses to Seattle, Ravens, and us. After a little bit of happiness, I'm back to being worried all over again. Going to the SB, just to lose would make me sick. I need us to finish the journey. And to do that, we're going to have to beat a team who can out-physical us, on both sides of the ball. I said ATL would be our toughest test of the season. They proved me right. The Ravens in the SB, will absolutely, positively, be a our toughest opponent since Jimbaugh was named coach. We have our work cut out for us. I hope Jimbaugh and the team aren't celebrating right now, but salivating, as their is still food left on our plate.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah it's a brutal matchup.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know man. I heard we'd have trouble against the big QBs in Rodgers and Ryan with their all-world receiving corps. We definitely had trouble with the Falcons in the 1st half, but we figured it out in the 2nd half. Now we get Flacco with Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin? They are solid players, no doubt, but I'm feeling pretty confident our D will be able to handle them. How did Ray Rice fare against us last time?

On the other side of the ball, our offense is a different offense than the one the Ravens faced last time we met. Their D is not as good, or as fast, as it used to be. They are still good, just not great, IMO. Though they did very well against the Patriots today.

I'm feeling pretty confident going into the big game.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be a tough match up. But I believe that our defense is better up front. They showed that today for sure. I'm pretty sure that with 2 weeks off we can prepare really good and be able to handle the Ravens. It will come down to the wire as well. I just wonder who gets home or away jerseys now.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens are a better all around team than the Pats. They have the lesser QB but might have the better WR's. Whoever faces us is likely going to have success passing on our Secondary anyway.

Honestly 49ers-Ravens was the matchup I least wanted. Not impossible to win but still...i liked our chances better with 49ers-Patriots or 49ers-Broncos. Ravens are a physical team and could give us trouble ala the Rams or Vikings.

Ravens give me the feel of 2010 Packers and 2011 Giants tbh.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!! 49ers/Ravens was the matchup I wanted. I didnt want Brady and the Patriots whatsoever.

Cant wait baby!!! Woohoo!!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I don't know man. I heard we'd have trouble against the big QBs in Rodgers and Ryan with their all-world receiving corps. We definitely had trouble with the Falcons in the 1st half, but we figured it out in the 2nd half. Now we get Flacco with Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin? They are solid players, no doubt, but I'm feeling pretty confident our D will be able to handle them. How did Ray Rice fare against us last time?

On the other side of the ball, our offense is a different offense than the one the Ravens faced last time we met. Their D is not as good, or as fast, as it used to be. They are still good, just not great, IMO. Though they did very well against the Patriots today.

I'm feeling pretty confident going into the big game.
Its not about outside match-ups. The game is won in the trenches first. We got lit up today, because we couldn't land a fingernail on Ryan in the first half. And I knew that was coming, not becuase our secondary is bad, but because I knew the Falcons O-Line was severly underrated. They're a solid bunch and they showed it today. Our stunts didn't do any damage and we got basically no pressure with a four man rush...which we HAVE to do in order to play to our strength.

Ravens have great O-Line. And a REAL running game to worry about. Teams like the Pats and Falcons, they run the ball but the defense knows the keys are the passing game. We can't just gear up to stop Smith and Boldin, because Ray Rice will singlehandedly kill you. Its a different animal....and one we haven't been good at defending all year. I'm glad we broke one trend today and won 3 in a row, but I still have to point out others until they stop being trends. Its going be extremely tough, especially with the way we play defense because we don't blitz a lot. We don't do a lot of exotic stuff on the back-end to confuse coverages. We have to win one-on-one match-ups everywhere. That's what we do. That's how we play. Four man rush, a lot of man on the back-end. And we have players who pretty much do that, better than most on Sundays. But when you don't win those match-ups, and you get gashed some, like we saw today, then it becomes a long day. And when your starters play 90% of the snaps in your base and nickel packages, it wears them down quicker and little gains become longer ones as the game wears on....especially against balanced teams like the Ravens who are still going to run right at you to. Its leads to a nip and tuck kind of game and with Akers woes apparently far from gone, a closely fought game has me I'm very worried. We don't blow out teams like the Ravens. We're just not that efficient yet, offensively, with a young QB. And our defense has lacked consistency most of the year. So the closer the game, the more we need Akers and he's not somebody I trust at the moment. I honestly was hoping to see the Pats. We could physically impose our will on them, as the Ravens did. We can win one-on-one because they lack true deep speed to beat you on the outside and their WRs aren't physically imposing. You just have to guard the offense as a whole, not really the player...like in basketball.

And the Ravens defense did something ours couldn't...finish off Brady and put the nail in the coffin.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-20-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Akers. We just can't let him be a clutch kicker in the super bowl. Put the ball in CK7 hands more often. I'm surprised he didn't run more today. I don't know what the deal was.

We really need to bring in a new and younger kicker next season. Hopefully with in the draft.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am all aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon now. I thought he would do something stupid that costs us the game but he managed the game perfectly, and made a few big plays when he needed to. It was just like an Alex Smith performance, and Kaepernick is younger and has huge upside.
LOL, what?

If Alex Smith is the quarterback, the 49ers are going home after losing in a blowout.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, I forgot about Akers. That mfer has me scared as h^ll. Words can't express the anger after that missed fg. WTF do you we do with our kicker?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Ah, I forgot about Akers. That mfer has me scared as h^ll. Words can't express the anger after that missed fg. WTF do you we do with our kicker?
Thats easy. Except for XP's and kickoffs, we dont let him even get on the field. LOL.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to face the Patriots again. They almost came back against us the last time and that was with a bunch of turnovers. We lost to the Ravens last year. That was a much different 49ers offense though and that was a tougher Ravens defense. I do think this game might be more difficult due to how Baltimore is built, but at the same time I just wouldn't want to play New England again That offense is just tiring.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Its not about outside match-ups. The game is won in the trenches first. We got lit up today, because we couldn't land a fingernail on Ryan in the first half. And I knew that was coming, not becuase our secondary is bad, but because I knew the Falcons O-Line was severly underrated. They're a solid bunch and they showed it today. Our stunts didn't do any damage and we got basically no pressure with a four man rush...which we HAVE to do in order to play to our strength.

Ravens have great O-Line. And a REAL running game to worry about. Teams like the Pats and Falcons, they run the ball but the defense knows the keys are the passing game. We can't just gear up to stop Smith and Boldin, because Ray Rice will singlehandedly kill you. Its a different animal....and one we haven't been good at defending all year. I'm glad we broke one trend today and won 3 in a row, but I still have to point out others until they stop being trends. Its going be extremely tough, especially with the way we play defense because we don't blitz a lot. We don't do a lot of exotic stuff on the back-end to confuse coverages. We have to win one-on-one match-ups everywhere. That's what we do. That's how we play. Four man rush, a lot of man on the back-end. And we have players who pretty much do that, better than most on Sundays. But when you don't win those match-ups, and you get gashed some, like we saw today, then it becomes a long day. And when your starters play 90% of the snaps in your base and nickel packages, it wears them down quicker and little gains become longer ones as the game wears on....especially against balanced teams like the Ravens who are still going to run right at you to. Its leads to a nip and tuck kind of game and with Akers woes apparently far from gone, a closely fought game has me I'm very worried. We don't blow out teams like the Ravens. We're just not that efficient yet, offensively, with a young QB. And our defense has lacked consistency most of the year. So the closer the game, the more we need Akers and he's not somebody I trust at the moment. I honestly was hoping to see the Pats. We could physically impose our will on them, as the Ravens did. We can win one-on-one because they lack true deep speed to beat you on the outside and their WRs aren't physically imposing. You just have to guard the offense as a whole, not really the player...like in basketball.

And the Ravens defense did something ours couldn't...finish off Brady and put the nail in the coffin.
On another forum i go to Ravens fans have complained about their OL all year long. Apparently its not that good. I don't watch a bunch of their games so i wouldn't know. But hopefully we can get pressure on that OL. An extra 2 weeks of rest for our DL is huge too because of how little we sub guys in. Aldon gets some rest for his injured shoulder, Justin for his triceps.

Hopefully we can capitalize. I am so nervous. So happy but so nervous. These next 2 weeks are going to be an eternity but i appreciate the time off. For our defense as i stated above. But besides rest for our defense, i also like it for our coaches. Our coaching staff has been dynamite with extra time to prepare. I think we could see a real good gameplan in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on making it to the SB! Enjoy!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Congrats on making it to the SB! Enjoy!
Thanks, Goosemahn. Hopefully we can match you all in Super Bowl wins!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get one for these two. They have done so much for this franchise.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Let's get one for these two. They have done so much for this franchise.

Definitely. And thanks to you guys for the entertainment, even through the disagreements, it's been a blast.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Some photos.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I love Frank Gore but when he speaks to the press I feel so bad for him. He sounds like a 12-year-old making his first speech in front of a class. Good thing you don't have to be particularly smart to be a running back.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Man, I love Frank Gore but when he speaks to the press I feel so bad for him. He sounds like a 12-year-old making his first speech in front of a class. Good thing you don't have to be particularly smart to be a running back.
Eloquence and intelligence are not necessarily tied together.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Some where in the mix of all this Alex Smith is crying his head off. But glad he will be back up in the super bowl. Kind a half to feel sorry for him after this season watching a QB take the show because he is so much better then you are.
Closed Thread