Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Some where in the mix of all this Alex Smith is crying his head off. But glad he will be back up in the super bowl. Kind a half to feel sorry for him after this season watching a QB take the show because he is so much better then you are.
I'm sure when he looks at all the money he's earned and the attractive wife he is banging, he doesn't necessarily feel all that bad about his life. Not to mention that this off-season some team is going to overpay him to be their QB, for at least a short time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans better get ready for a GOLD RUSH!!! Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooo!!!

So proud of this team and what they have done yet they are still focused and hungry for that one last win. Any question to this, see Justin Smith's reaction after the game yesterday.

I knew Harbaugh would get the 49ers back to the promise land and am glad it's come this soon. They've earned it as an organization, making the right moves and putting the right people in place.

It would have been easy for them to roll over but they were resilient, stuck tot their game plan and took control of the game, really dominating the last 3 quarters after getting it handed to them in the first.

Kap did what it took to win and had excellent touch on his throws. Much to Aaron Rodgers dismay, Kap is NOT a gadget QB and will NOT be a "phase." He's here to stay and is only going to get BETTER!

Though the Niners beat the Pats at home already with Kap at the helm this year, I still like the Ravens matchup slightly better. They are a similar team to the Niners but their ceiling and what they can do isn't as great as SF.

The Ray Lewis lovefest for the next 2 weeks will overshadow the Niners being favorites and put more pressure on the Ravens to win as they are the self-proclaimed 'team of destiny.'

It will come down to execution but I LOVE the 49ers chances to bring home #6. I called both a HarBowl SB and a San Francisco MLB-NFL sweep this year and am ONE win away from getting it all correct.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm sure when he looks at all the money he's earned and the attractive wife he is banging, he doesn't necessarily feel all that bad about his life. Not to mention that this off-season some team is going to overpay him to be their QB, for at least a short time.
I don't think anyone will overpay for him. I think he will get top 12-ish QB money, which is what he deserves.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith will get another good contract for a few years with a team that needs a QB. BUF, NYJ, JAX, OAK, KC and ARZ are the teams that come to mind. Smith is easily better than the starting QB's on those teams but at the same time, if he has to learn another offense with a new head coach, its going to be a problem for him. Personally, if he's able to get a ring (even as a backup), he should just retire because going to any one of those crappy teams is just going to be more frustrating than fun and not worth it.

I know everyone here will say that he should keep playing but if you were him, would you really want to play for any of those teams? I wouldnt especially if im already secured money wise and if he has kids or going to have kids, I would be done, relax and enjoy the rest of my life peacefully. :)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Man, I love Frank Gore but when he speaks to the press I feel so bad for him. He sounds like a 12-year-old making his first speech in front of a class. Good thing you don't have to be particularly smart to be a running back.
Are you saying Frank Gore isn't intelligent? He has a learning disability, but you can be a genius and have a learning disability.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Are you saying Frank Gore isn't intelligent? He has a learning disability, but you can be a genius and have a learning disability.
He simply does not come across as intelligent. For all I know he is a genius but when he does an interview he sounds like an idiot.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He simply does not come across as intelligent. For all I know he is a genius but when he does an interview he sounds like an idiot.
Wow. I don't see that at all. He seems really casual and down to Earth to me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do understand that being well spoken and intelligence don't necessarily mirror each other right? In general, ppl equate intelligence with how well a person speaks. Not really a ideal way of looking at things. I have a friend who dropped out of HS in the 10th grade. You would never know because he speaks like a Rhode Scholar. He can't spell worth **** either. He can enunciate a word perfectly but has no clue how to spell it. Was never great at math. Is he dumb? Can't be, because he runs his own business, a successful one. Intelligence can be measured in many ways beyond how a person communicates.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
You do understand that being well spoken and intelligence don't necessarily mirror each other right? In general, ppl equate intelligence with how well a person speaks. Not really a ideal way of looking at things. I have a friend who dropped out of HS in the 10th grade. You would never know because he speaks like a Rhode Scholar. He can't spell worth **** either. He can enunciate a word perfectly but has no clue how to spell it. Was never great at math. Is he dumb? Can't be, because he runs his own business, a successful one. Intelligence can great asured in many ways besides how a person communicates.
Considering that I don't know Frank Gore personally, though, the only things I can base his intelligence off of are his interviews and the fact that he has a learning disability. Like I said, Gore might be a genius but he doesn't come across that way.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just won the NFCCG and we're arguing about whether Frank Gore is an "idiot" or not?

Sometimes I just don't get it.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Some where in the mix of all this Alex Smith is crying his head off. But glad he will be back up in the super bowl. Kind a half to feel sorry for him after this season watching a QB take the show because he is so much better then you are.
lol, have you ever played team sports? They actually showed him and he was having a blast with his teammates. These guys have all been together for a while, lots are very close.

Wait are you the guy who wanted Tebow?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Alex Smith will get another good contract for a few years with a team that needs a QB. BUF, NYJ, JAX, OAK, KC and ARZ are the teams that come to mind.
Can't really see Smith in AZ, doesn't fit Arians/Moore's offense at all and if they want to keep a vet the rest of Kolb's contract is non-guaranteed so they can cut him at anytime with no penalty

Closed Thread