Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love khaseem more than anyone but he can't play MLB. HOF OLB, but not suited for MLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
love khaseem more than anyone but he can't play MLB. HOF OLB, but not suited for MLB
Stop it Scotty.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Greene is a dwarf. He's just not big enough to play the position imo.
He actually weighed in heavier than I thought he would. He's certainly no MLB though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He actually weighed in heavier than I thought he would. He's certainly no MLB though.
Probably because he gained a lot of weight from fat, not muscle. According to the info the on the site he has a "soft upper body." Not exactly what you want to hear. It's one think if he's 236 and it's all muscle, but when it's not that's a concern.

And he's 6 feet tall.

He's just too small and not strong enough. He might be a solid player but nothing special.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably because he gained a lot of weight from fat, not muscle. According to the info the on the site he has a "soft upper body." Not exactly what you want to hear. It's one think if he's 236 and it's all muscle, but when it's not that's a concern.

And he's 6 feet tall.

He's just too small and not strong enough. He might be a solid player but nothing special.
Yeah this was always my concern as I never pimped him as hard but it all depends on the kind of system he goes into. He did gain a lot of muscle from last year into this year and it's possible he's still developing his body into a LB build. I think he has a chance to be slightly above average but I'm not expecting him to be a star.

I'm still glad Stevie B got the invite which should help him get drafted now. He always did well but didn't have the hype behind him so I thought he'd go UDFA. I think with a solid performance he has a chance to be 6th or 7th round material now.

Duron Harmon helped himself out big time at the NFLPA game. He's flying under the radar a bit as far as S goes. I really hope he gets an invite to the combine but I doubt it.

I have Ryan, Greene, Beau, Jamison, and Jefferson getting the combine invites. Harmon, Vallone, Jones, Wright, Glaud will have to do well at the Rutgers Pro day. I might be missing a player or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in Jefferson. He's such a big body but I thought I remember him being a guy who dropped a lot of balls or am I mistaken?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm interested in Jefferson. He's such a big body but I thought I remember him being a guy who dropped a lot of balls or am I mistaken?
Yeah he's had some drops but he was getting better with that every year. He's a bit undisciplined as well. Rutgers never used him the right way because we're not a very TE heavy offense. We converted him to TE when he got here and he has developed slowly as he's learned the position. Someone should get a solid 2nd TE if they take him. He's an above average blocker and kind of reminds of Martellus. The Giants will pass because we took a project in Robinson last year and Jefferson is also very similar to him. Big athletic TE's that are raw.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Is Beckum under contract? He might get cut too. I'm interested in Jefferson because he's so damn big. I'm curious to see how he will run at the combine.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Is Beckum under contract? He might get cut too. I'm interested in Jefferson because he's so damn big. I'm curious to see how he will run at the combine.
I think Beckum is UFA so he's gone.

Even with that I just can't see the Giants taking another TE that is raw and will need to be developed. I guess it's somewhat possible because we have Pope but it is a gamble depth wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khaseem's my size, he's a little heavier but if I started working out for bulk I could back to 230, and while that makes me root for him, that absolutely makes him too small to play MIKE or SAM.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Beckum is UFA so he's gone.

Even with that I just can't see the Giants taking another TE that is raw and will need to be developed. I guess it's somewhat possible because we have Pope but it is a gamble depth wise.
We drafted Adrien Robinson last year. We're not drafting another raw TE. I almost forget that Robinson was on the team. I think if he doesn't show us some kind of development this offseason he might get cut.

But then at the same time he can turn around and show us promise for a 2 TE set which would be huge for us. So we'll see. Time will tell.

But I don't see us taking a TE early. If at all. Bear is a FA but you can find a Bear Pascoe in the UDFA pool.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Reese had very good things to say about Robinson. He's not going anywhere.

I said also I'd be very shocked if we took another raw TE. The only thing is that Jefferson reminds me a lot of both Bennett and Robinson so maybe the Giants FO/Pope has a crush on those kinds of players so they give him a long look.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, we can have multiple raw TE's. I don't know where Jefferson is predicted to go but if it's the 4th or below I see no reason why we couldn't take a chance on him. Bring in a veteran, bring in a young guy and let them fight for a roster spot.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I only see it as a possibility if we don't re-sign Bennett.

The more I think of it, the more I want Warmack if he's available. He reminds me of Shawn Andrews. The not crazy version.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah I love Warmack but his stock is really high right now. He's almost a lock to go top 15.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Don't read too much into that. Guards fall in the draft. And remember how David DeCastro at this time last year was the best guard prospect to come out since Steve Hutchinson and blah blah blah. Dude went 24 overall.

So Guards fall in the draft. DeCastro was pegged as a top 10 pick this time last year.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

That's true. I suppose it's possible he falls but he's of a different mold than DeCastro. Warmack is much more of a road grader and mauler.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I agree. I think in hindsight DeCastro was overrated bc he was a high floor low ceiling guy.

But at the same time, we're not picking 32, we have the 19th pick. It's entirely possible that he can fall to 19. The last G to go high was Brandon Albert who only went high bc he could play LT.

Also, keep in mind there are some good Guards available in FA. Levitre, possibly Albert. Jake Long is available as an OT. There is a good crop of OL FAs available, and teams will approach them.

Which will in turn, move OLmen down the board. So its entirely possible that he falls. OT depth in this draft is solid as well, and they'll go first.

Dallas could possibly takes him before we get the chance, but I can definitely see a situation where he's there for the taking.

Now for me personally, if he and a great DE prospect are both available at the same time, then I have to think about it. I can't say names yet for DEs bc I haven't scouted them yet.

But for the sake of debate, say him and Ansah are both available. Is it a slam dunk to take one over the other?

I don't think so. And quite honestly, right now I'm thinking Warmack over Ansah. But it's still early. I haven't developed any solid opinions on anyone yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well I hope so. If Ansah and Warmack are both at our pick it's going to be a damn tough pick. Ansah has some great length that we like based off the Senior Bowl measurements.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

How old is Ansah?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I think he's 23 since May, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If so that's not bad at all considering how a lot of BYU guys can be much older.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah thats why I asked. That's still kind of old. He'll be 24 before he even steps foot in the NFL.

That's basically 6 years worth of usage. 2 years of development + 4 years of quality pass rush.

It's ok, I'll take that. But if Warmack is available you have to factor that in. I'm not thrilled with that age.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, good DE's can last a long time. It just depends on the player and how they deal with injuries.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm still not sold on Ansah either though. Not yet. Need to see more. They didn't put him in enough rush situations for me to really form an opinion yet. I'm definitely gonna use the Senior Bowl as an eye test on him.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd do Warmack over Ansah also at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher