Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-f...llege-football

Stats are from ESPN Insider, I didn't want to paste what they put but the stats are what they showed in the article. If you have an Insider Account you can read the whole article, just scroll down to where they discuss MSU.

You say he had all his picks against FBS opponents this year. First off, the Bulldogs did not even play two of the teams you listed (Florida and Michigan) this year. So we will move on from that.

Also, those stats are from passes that Banks was targeted against. When his man was thrown at in those games, he did not record an interception. Take it for what it is, but that isn't what you expect from what people perceive as an elite senior playmaking shutdown CB prospect. Again, not the end all be all, but take it for what it is worth.

When he had that big game against Florida as a freshman he was playing free safety. I still think that is the position where he projects best, but he isn't physical and is a string bean. He is at is best when he is reading the QB's eyes and allowed to make plays on the ball. He is great when the ball is in his hands and has ball skills, but I don't think they are there when he is playing man. People think he is going to be a great man corner because they look at his length and some of the big plays he has made. Sorry I am not seeing it.
My bad on the stats. When I went to Banks profile page on cfbstats, I assumed it would bring me to the most recent year. Instead, it was 2010. My bad there.

He did have 2 INT's against Auburn this season though. I did go back and watch the picks though, first came in zone coverage (was playing Cover 3, jumped the route well), and another he was in man coverage on another guy, read the play, and jumped a different route.

If people don't think Banks has the skills of a playmaker, they haven't watched him well enough.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the tape I've watched, he doesn't look like an NFL CB to me. Sorry. He was very disappointing. I actually wanted to move on about halfway through. Just a whole lot of meh.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not overly familiar with Talibs game. How bout, in terms of playing style:

Nathan Vasher?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.6 isn't going to help him.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
4.6 isn't going to help him.
He's gonna be movin' to safety

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could be a monster FS. I would take him at the end of round one.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked him on Twitter a long time ago if he'd be willing to move to Safety and he didn't answer me lol. If he's fine with it, I think he could be very good there. I just hope it's more Malcolm Jenkins for him than Jimmy Williams.