Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J Crew isn't bad. Their bowery chinos fit well. Can't say I'm a big fan of Jos A Bank....I do clean them out on shoe trees though when they have a 3 for 1.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really depends on the fit you prefer/need. If you're carrying some extra weight, Jos A Bank is going to have better fits for you than J. Crew. If you're an average-sized person with an inseam less than 34, J. Crew has really nice fitting clothes that go on sale a lot. Their suits are really great fits for super cheap.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JCrew is good. I hate Jos A Bank. It doesn't fit me well, I'm slim so they're not a good fit for me.

Plus they're expensive. The quality isn't that great either. Their suits suck, don't buy any of their suits.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get a few suits myself. I'll need a completely new wardrobe once I start teaching. I actually like wearing ties, so that should be a good time.

I'm just waiting for Mens Warehouse or Jos A Bank (despite them being meh) to have a buy one get two free sale for suits. I remember Damix saying he did that it and worked out well.

My problem with suits is that I've got very broad shoulders but am on the thinner side and often times those two things don't mix for a good suit.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why you have to get a slim fit suit. I have the same problem, I look bulky in a suit when I have a slim torso.

But with slim fit clothing getting more popular, suits are starting to come in slim fit too. So definitely check that out.

I don't think Jos A Bank has any slim fit suits, but Mens Wearhouse does. Mens Wearhouse is 10 billion times better than Jos A Bank in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a good sale. If I can get three nice suits for the price of one I'd be a very happy man.

I'll have to keep that in mind with the slim fit.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's why you have to get a slim fit suit. I have the same problem, I look bulky in a suit when I have a slim torso.

But with slim fit clothing getting more popular, suits are starting to come in slim fit too. So definitely check that out.

I don't think Jos A Bank has any slim fit suits, but Mens Wearhouse does. Mens Wearhouse is 10 billion times better than Jos A Bank in my opinion.
I got a slim fit summer suit for a wedding I went to in Spain this summer. I like it a lot. I am also toying with the idea to just go to tailor and having one made for me. Supposedly, it's a bit cheaper than buying a real nice suit. I have a couple casual suits but nothing that is really nice.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How much you think it would cost to have a tailor make you a suit? That might be a good idea.

The fit and the material is important when it comes to suits. The name on the tag doesn't mean ****.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know this might sound awkward, but amazon is great for clothes too. I bought a bunch of slim fit button ups from them, good quality and nice design, for like 10 bucks a pop. You can't beat that.

I love amazon.
I bought a tuxedo from amazon and even after getting it tailored, it was still cheaper than renting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How much you think it would cost to have a tailor make you a suit? That might be a good idea.

The fit and the material is important when it comes to suits. The name on the tag doesn't mean ****.
It obviously depends on the material. But from a department store you can get it for like 400-700 bucks and a good tailor is supposedly around 800-1200. If you want to go above and beyond Oxxford Clothes usually is like 4 grand for Super 120s.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ok I'm not spending that much lol.

I'll drop 500 on a suit, but I don't wear suits enough to spend any more than that.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have weird sizing issues, it just means you need to find a good tailor.
It might cost a bit to have clothes altered, but every time you wear them you'll have that fresh new haircut confidence. Totally worth it.

If you need a slim fit casual suit, I'd go with JCrew. Their Ludlow is an amazing fit for the price and they pretty much always have a sale going that makes the suit $300 at the most.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Every suit I buy, I get it tailored as well. I figured that was the norm? Most people don't do that?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something I've been wondering about. How many suits does the average guy really need?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'd say 4. You need 1 of each main color. Black, Grey, Navy, and Cream.

You can have more than that, but typically 4 is a good place to start.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

You can cover all your bases with 2. Navy and light gray.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every suit I buy, I get it tailored as well. I figured that was the norm? Most people don't do that?
This is true for the most part, but some department stores have off the rack suits that won't need tailoring.

As far as Jos A Banks goes, wait for a 4 for 1 sale, they rarely have them but they are out there. I learned a lot since it got me 4 suits + tailoring for ~1000.

As BBD says, they are a bit boxy and not slim fitting. Still decent suits, especially for that sale price, that I wear to work everyday but I really learned what I wanted after using them.

I also prefer a slim fit look, so you need to know a good tailor. I'd suggest buying a 150-250$ suit from Macy's or Kohls or whatever and going to the tailor and getting it done the way you like it. It may take 3-4 times, but make sure to write down your measurements.

Once you have your measurements down you can use the online MTM suit suppliers for slightly nicer suits. Indochino, SuitSupply, BlackLapel and DragonInside to name a few.

I personally prefer SuitSupply since they also have a storefront in DC so I can go check them out, but Indochino and BL come with 75$ retailoring credits so if it doesn't fit perfect you can go to your favorite tailor.

I have't tried DI yet, but apparently their customer service is amazing, though their suits look a bit boxy to me.

All of these are going to run you $4-600 a suit with tailoring, I wouldn't spend anymore. A 500$ suit that is perfectly tailored to you looks just as good as a 2k suit.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
You can cover all your bases with 2. Navy and light gray.
You want black for interviews. Grey isn't considered professional enough and navy is more for play. You gotta have a black. Black works for everything. Weddings, interviews, business, funerals. Black is a must.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You want black for interviews. Grey isn't considered professional enough and navy is more for play. You gotta have a black. Black works for everything. Weddings, interviews, business, funerals. Black is a must.
Hmmm, I don't have a black suit. I have a VERY dark charcoal suit with light pinstripes and then a lighter grery with a blueish pinestripe. Unfortunately they aren't slim fit. When I lose some weight, I'll probably buy a pure black slim fit suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, black suits are a must. I think it depends on what job you have for how many suits you need. For the average non-suit wearing person usually one or two is fine.

For people that have to a job where they are required to wear a suit I'd say at least three.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I unfortunately have to wear a suit every day. You can definitely mix in the solid dark colors in more often, but anything a little different needs to be only used once a week at most.

For me currently:
Black: Off the rack from Kohls (needs to be replaced)
Navy: Suit Supply
Navy Windowpane: Jos A Banks
Dark Grey: Jos A Banks
Black Pinstripe: Jos A banks
Light Grey: Indochino
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black suits? For interviews? You guys be crazy. Black suits are for funerals and nighttime. Charcoal, navy and a mid to light grey are the staples. Black is probably the least important color to own.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-24-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What? I've had amazing customer service from Amazon. My laptop was defective and died after about three weeks of use and they sent me a new one, no questions asked before I even shipped the old one back.
Ditto... ordered a copy of NCAA 12 and it hadn't got here by the expected date so I emailed and they sent another out that got here in like 3 days. The original never did show up. Was very happy with the service.

As for suits... go to Thailand and get a bunch tailor made. It's like $120 bucks a suit and it fits perfectly! If you are really cheap you can go to Bali and get them for like $70 but I personally notice a difference between the two and would spend the extra $50!

I'm sure the US has a close neighbour that offers similar prices and service if air fares are too steep there.

Also... black suits with some pinstripes for the win!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a couple things off eastbay which I liked they have good stuff.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I got a couple things off eastbay which I liked they have good stuff.
Eastbay is the best as far as sports equipment usually. I get all of my shoes and what not off of Ebay though because I can find em cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote