Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
There could be a wide receiver who runs in a straight line at 30% the speed of light, and if he can't be counted on to catch the ball when he's open, I'm not sure I want that guy on my team as a receiver (he can run reverses and stuff, but I don't know if that's worth a roster spot.)

Maybe someone will, but Al Davis is dead so the obvious joke doesn't apply anymore.

I mean, let us not forget that Troy Williamson ran a 4.3 and had experience playing wide receiver in college. If you can't catch the ball, you can't play receiver.
You have to remember that Robinson has an injured hand, some say, he shouldn't even be working out. As for just having straight line speed, Robinson has wiggle, a lot of it, it is just raw at this point at WR but the potential is there.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Official H/W for Ansah yet?
Not sure about official but everything i'm seeing says 6-5 270. I'm going to go out on a lime here and say he doesn't get by the Seattle pick in the first round.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boy Tyler the Creator is having himself quite a week down there in Mobile.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
Do you have some of the late entries such as Sio Moore? I saw on another board that you tweeted Terron Armstead but never saw one for Sio. I don't have a twittner, nor do I ever want to try so I didn't check there.
Should be on there now.

On Warford, I'd take Fluker but do think in a power run scheme Warford could start at LG sooner rather than later and be very effective. Both are Top 50 picks, Fluker even higher now.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll answer more questions at our live Q&A with Scott, me, and BOE

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...orBowl/Q&A.php

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone particular the buccaneers brass interviewed or met with?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
"I don't think it's a done deal that (Texas A&M's Luke) Joeckel will be the top offensive tackle taken. In my opinion, Fisher has more upside." -- AFC Scout
I really think this is Williams/Okung all over again. The consensus top guy throughout the process (in this case Joeckel) is going to get picked after the upside guy (in this case Fisher.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really think this is Williams/Okung all over again. The consensus top guy throughout the process (in this case Joeckel) is going to get picked after the upside guy (in this case Fisher.)
The situation is somewhat comparable and I definitely could see the end result being the same (both are awesome).

But Williams' ascent came closer to draft day. Fisher is already a top-5ish prospect in this class.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought blocking scheme fit had more to do with the Redskins picking Williams over Okung.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavarres King killing it again.

Hop on the bandwagon.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Tavarres King killing it again.

Hop on the bandwagon.
I was on that ages ago.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think when Williams ran close to 4.8 at the combine compared to Okung around 5.2 he moved ahead. That could be repeated to some degree with Fisher and Joeckel.

Unless there is a huge differance in athletic ability here the level of competition that Joeckel faced this year should carry quite a bit of weight.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading Wednesday's report, looks like Hunt is continuing to be completely unimpressive. I know he's supposedly big, fast and strong, but judging from his collegiate play and how poorly he's doing now, I just really dislike him as a prospect. Hearing that a defensive end's spin move looks as if its being done in slow-mo is never a good sign.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Reading Wednesday's report, looks like Hunt is continuing to be completely unimpressive. I know he's supposedly big, fast and strong, but judging from his collegiate play and how poorly he's doing now, I just really dislike him as a prospect. Hearing that a defensive end's spin move looks as if its being done in slow-mo is never a good sign.
He is a guy that is just here it seems. Nothing to flashy, ups and downs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Zaviar Gooden has had a pretty solid week. He's a little soft versus the run though.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard a lot of good things about Gooden. I think the Rams should draft the hometown kid:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Yeah, I was really high on him coming into this game and the reports have disappointed me, to say the least. How far will this drop him? He could still be a great bargain if he falls to the 4th or 5th round, but I don't think anyone is looking at him as a borderline 1st rounder now, even if he has a really nice game on Saturday. Coaches hate the guy who is a lousy practice player.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Seems like Zaviar Gooden has had a pretty solid week. He's a little soft versus the run though.
His agent said his 40 time goal is 4.37. If he is in the 4.4s even, he'll shoot up boards.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I think where Hunt goes in April is going to say a lot about which teams like to draft football players and which teams like to draft athletes.

Since by all accounts, he'll wow in shorts.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
His agent said his 40 time goal is 4.37. If he is in the 4.4s even, he'll shoot up boards.
What round do folks project him at right now? Round 4? 5?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Which is sad, very sad.

I have been following the draft for a long time and linebackers who run extremely fast always fly up boards and get over drafted. Stupid IMO. Nothing should trump film and this guy like so many before him as below average to average film. Linebackers who can run fast and make a tackle 40 yards down field are pointless.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What round do folks project him at right now? Round 4? 5?
I'd say 4th round right now.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sold on Joeckel - don't think his feet are elite and he gives up his chest too easily (correctable, but think he'll fall back into the habit when stressed early in his career).

I've been impressed with Lane Johnson as well - now he really is the upside guy! Johnson perhaps not for everyone, but figure some will like him more than Fisher?

I would have put Justin Pugh into the discussion as he's a good player - but that arm measurement has ruled him out.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

List the 1st rounders you guys think will come out of this Senior Bowl.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
List the 1st rounders you guys think will come out of this Senior Bowl.
I'll start out with:

Tyler Wilson
DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Brian Fisher
Azekial Ansah