Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. C
2. ILB
3. FS
4. TE
5. NT
6. RB
7. OLB
8. OT
9. WR
10. K
11. QB
12. OG
13. CB

Just did that quick. It's kinda hard to say any one of those should be our #1 need. I wouldn't say we have any glaring holes. All of it is basically getting upgrades over players that are serviceable, but not terrible.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Postions that need to be upgraded IMO. LT/RB/ILB/S/DE (WR - not upgraded, but need to add another play maker)

EDS is an improvement at Center and I think with a solid LT the line will be ok come next season.

I think TT needs to take a serious look at Free Agency for LT and DE. Do I actually think that will happen... bah, doubt it! But that is what I think might need to happen. I just don't think we can bank on Sherrod being a shut down LT anytime real soon.

As far as RB/ILB/S go I think we need to upgrade.

S - Morgan Burnettt is a good player (needs to become more physical). The player I love in the draft is Phillip Thomas. I like Jerron McMillan, but I'm not sure he is a long term answer.

RB - Dujuan Harris IMO is the real deal as far as a change of pace back. His first carry wear he layed the truck stick on that DB made me a fan immediately. I think the Packers need to look at Eddie Lacy close in the draft. Lacey can carry the load and Harris can be that change of pace back. Keep Alex Green around, but show Starks the door.

ILB - This is self explanatory. Hawk would be a great LB... 10 years ago when the league was run first. We need a major improvement in speed and ability to cover and run sideline to sideline. Two players I'd say we need to look at are Ogletree and Arthur Brown.

Like I said DE and LT could be addressed in FA and we need to bring in another WR. I don't think Boykin/Ross are much for playmakers. I'd like to see a player who can stretch the field a little more than the players we have now.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which of these guys will wear a Packer uniform again in 2013?

Jennings
Driver
Woodson
Benson
Finley
Hawk

I say Finey for sure, Hawk will be back because it costs too much to let him go anyway, plus he's the only LB who somehow doesn't get hurt.
I Want Woodson back badly, but we'll see how much pride he has when they ask him to re-negotiate. He has to cut his number down. And he won't like it. Who would.

Benson will cost about $810K if vet minimum. That's not a ton. A rookie RB in Rd 3, 4, 5 would make similar most likely... we'll see how that plays out.
They better bring DuJuan Harris back, and I expect them to bring Alex Green back. Who knows about Starks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings won't be back. He'll go wherever the most money is.

Driver is definitely gone.

I believe Woodson will restructure. It would be sad for both parties if he chose not too.

Doubt Benson is back, but you never know. With his injury and how old he is, i'd prefer us to just bring in a younger guy.

Not sure if we'll bring Finley back. That's a lot of money for a TE who isn't very good. Cutting him would make more sense.

Hawk sucks but he'll probably be here.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings - Gone, but would like him to stay.. just going to cost to much

Driver - Gone

Woodson - Gone, unless he takes a big pay cut

Benson - Gone

Finley - Back, I actually dont want him to leave. If he just shuts his damn mouth and holds on to the ball he has the chance to be so good.

Hawk - Gone, wishful thinking... it could go either way but he sucks and is getting paid to much.

Others out- Ryan Grant, James Starks, Jeff Saturday, Mason Crosby

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Hawk - Gone, wishful thinking... it could go either way but he sucks and is getting paid to much.

Others out- Mason Crosby
Good calls.
Those are 2 guys getting paid to be among the best at their position, and we are clearly not getting a return anywhere near our investment.
TT & Russ Ball don't make a lot of mistakes, but those are 2 bad ones that kind of cripple us from keeping a great one that we want to keep.
Woodson too at that #.

Capers is another... he's getting real good money, and our defense, well it's not real good is it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

out of that list, hopefully only Jennings and Finley are back

the rest are really expendable

Also, looks like they wont have Jerel Worthy for early in the season since he just had surgery on a torn ACL the other day. Ooph
Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
out of that list, hopefully only Jennings and Finley are back

the rest are really expendable

Also, looks like they wont have Jerel Worthy for early in the season since he just had surgery on a torn ACL the other day. Ooph
Worthy didn't give us nearly the pass-rush production that we envisioned when Teddy took him.
Teddy traded up because he wanted Kendall Reyes there, but he got stolen before we picked. Teddy chose Worthy over the bigger Devon Still from Penn State, based on the pass rush/wiggle that Worthy showed in college. Badger fans saw it.

But we saw very little of it from Worthy against NFL linemen... and now this ACL?

Let's hope he.....
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This salary cap # info can't be right. Can it?
http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/salari...kers-salaries/

This is some good info here, from Bob McGruff:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...170795046.html

Quote:
The way it stands now, there are 20 players under contract to Green Bay for next year who are to count about $98.36 million. The unadjusted cap for 2012 is $120.6 million, and projections are that the cap will remain almost flat until 2016.

That doesn't include wide receiver Greg Jennings, either. That's because the two sides are so far apart that it's almost a fait accompli he will depart as an unrestricted free agent in March if he isn't traded first.

Jennings' current cap salary is $7.5 million. If the Packers place the franchise tag on Jennings, the immediate charge on their cap would be about $10 million.
Quote:
The gorilla in the board room is David Dunn, the agent whose client list includes quarterback Aaron Rodgers, linebacker Clay Matthews and nose tackle B.J. Raji.

Indications are that the Packers would like to have the contracts of all three players extended by early 2013, quite possibly by the start of the National Football League year in early March.

After this season, Rodgers will have two years left on a 2008 contract that ranks him 12th among quarterbacks in average per year at $12.7 million.

Matthews' original deal expires after the 2013 season. Ditto for Raji, whose option for 2014 will become void.

Using rough estimates, let's say the cap salaries for Rodgers, Matthews and Raji climb by a total of $18 million for 2013. How the Packers decide to accommodate such an increase could impact the team significantly.

"It's a challenge being a good organization like this," defensive end Ryan Pickett said. "They draft well. Pick up good players. Then it's time for everybody to get paid.

"So they have a tough road ahead of them. It's going to take some hard work because we've got so many good players. I hope we can keep everybody together, man, because we've got a chance to keep doing special things around here."
IMO, Matthews deserves the new deal more than anyone not only on our team, but in the NFL.
That dude has way outperformed his contract. He's as important to the defense as Rodgers is to the offense, almost.
He's played 4 years on that rookie deal.

There's no way in hell that we can afford Jennings back. Finley is debatable.
And Woodson can't stay at that #.
It really sucks that we're locked into overpaying so much for Hawk, a guy who makes no big plays... he gets paid to make big plays, not just be there.

Sam Shields will get a big raise too... will we slap the 2nd round tender on him?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd rounder no way... I would put the highest on him. 2nd round id easily trade that if I was any team needing a CB. Hes young and played lights out when he returned. Good CBs are hard to come by and hes pretty proven. Just look at all the CBs we have failed on...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...188152951.html

Does Crosby really make more than Matthews this year?
We need to trim some money there big time.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Crosby got resigned and Matthews still has his rookie deal. Matthews will more then make up for it soon because he going to get paid. Crosby should be working at McDonald's giving me cheeseburgers. But I bet we keep his sad ass around.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Crosby got resigned and Matthews still has his rookie deal. Matthews will more then make up for it soon because he going to get paid. Crosby should be working at McDonald's giving me cheeseburgers. But I bet we keep his sad ass around.
Ain't nothing wrong with some McNugget's every so often.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

So Erik Walden is a FA.. does he get resigned?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Erik Walden is a FA.. does he get resigned?
I don't believe so...we simply don't have much cap flexibility at this point and the team will have to go the cheaper route with a younger player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's speculation the Packers may be one of the teams in on the Revis bidding, but I simply don't buy it. We are good at the corner position and have plenty invested there already.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I said in the FA thread that we could trade Tramon Williams, cut Woodson and then trade for Revis, but I wasn't being serious. If we really are in for him, that could be what we do. Cutting Woodson and trading Tramon would save us $16M and Revis is only on $6M for next year. Maybe we could cut Finley to help it happen?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Revis was awesome but is now a huge unknown. I don't see any of that happening besides Wood getting cut and hopefully resigned for cheaper. We have good young CBs why do we really need Revis. Now if he played OLB..

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

No way in Hell is Revis Island coming to Green Bay.
Come on guys..... if this was the opposite of anyone's MO, it's Theodore Thompson.

What are the odds you guys have that Woodson is back with us with a re-structured deal? I'll say 70%.
30% we can't get a new deal done, and we part ways.

If he does agree to a new deal, what figures you guys looking at? Where's our capologist here?
Where's Waldo?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

No more than $5M.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing their due diligence in asking about it, but I don't see them as a serious bidder for his services.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we did trade for him, Revis would be a one-year lease for this team. He's going to the highest bidder in FA (and I'd be pretty shocked if didn't test the FA market).
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

That'd be the risk. If we did trade for him though it would probably be because we had confidence in him staying. He'd completely change our defense though. I wanna see it happen, jut because of how amazing it would be, but I don't know if it makes sense. And anyway, there is no way TT is gonna give up what the Jets want.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh yeah, getting him would be amazing, I just don't see how they can make it work

they are probably focusing more on locking up their own star players(mainly Clay Matthews) + Rodgers getting his big pay day extension

If they did get Revis, Tramon would need to be out of the picture and Woodson would probably need to be cut
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
That'd be the risk. If we did trade for him though it would probably be because we had confidence in him staying. He'd completely change our defense though. I wanna see it happen, jut because of how amazing it would be, but I don't know if it makes sense. And anyway, there is no way TT is gonna give up what the Jets want.
I think the Jets give him up on draft day for less than people expect, because I think the Jets know they won't resign him.

I still don't think that we get him, but it's fun to dream.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote