Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'll start out with:

Tyler Wilson
DJ Fluker
Lane Johnson
Brian Fisher
Azekial Ansah
Wislon? Really? He is not top half first round talents, so you would be counting on a lower half team drafting him unless there is a trade down.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
trappeshot
Rookie

trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.

black bolt you have no idea what you are talking about. Wilson is going in the top 15 rather you like it or not buddy.
trappeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Wislon? Really? He is not top half first round talents, so you would be counting on a lower half team drafting him unless there is a trade down.
Wilson will be one of the first two quarterbacks off the board and with all the QB needy teams it won't take much to go in the first half of round one.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My God these QBs look TERRUHBLE!!!!

I haven't seen one quality throw from any of them.
Smart move dodging the Senior Bowl, Geno.

By default he's gotta be the first QB off the board.
Tyler Wilson has only average tools.
Nassib looks like a backup.
EJ Manuel just isn't that guy.
Glennon is 6'7, 220# and overrated.

Sucks for any franchise who needs a QB from this draft.
They're better off making a trade to the Skins for Cousins, who IMO is better than all these bums.
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
No real need to - Culpepper had small hands to and both were effective QBs. After following the draft for 10+ years you begin to realize that some of this **** is blown way out of proportion when it comes to physical measurable. Sure they are a part of the evaluation process but I wouldn't worry to much about it as he as shown to be a very good QB. He also improved his stock through his performance this week. Glennon and Wilson both came to compete while Geno Smith probably listened to his hype man who is building him up into something in his head than he actually is.
Hmm....sounds like you have some hate for Smith. Smith doesn't have to compete with these stiffs. His hype man was right.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
trappeshot
Rookie

trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.

lol this from the same guy who in 2009 stated

Quote:
the best player in the draft, Michael Crabtree.
rotfl. stick to watching buddy

i mean i'm not saying wilson is RG3 or anything but he is at the top or right at the top of the board at his position. there are teams that need QB's and with the new sal cap for rookies someone is gonna take him. probably your raiders.
trappeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post
black bolt you have no idea what you are talking about. Wilson is going in the top 15 rather you like it or not buddy.
If the Chiefs go best available then I could see them or a team like the Eagles trading back into the 1st and drafting Wilson.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post
I personally don't care where he gets drafted. He's not first round talent, period. He may get over drafted because of need and I feel really sorry for the desperate team that pulls the trigger.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Wilson will be one of the first two quarterbacks off the board and with all the QB needy teams it won't take much to go in the first half of round one.
Honestly, does he resemble first round talent to you?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, does he resemble first round talent to you?
Yes he does...I think he's the only potential "franchise" quarterback from this class and he's worth the high investment a team may put in him.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Default Nice block by the Illini OG.

Franklin is helping himself, Manuel from Bayside High School is showing he is the best QB here, Ansah is dominating, the Cal C just looks like he can play and the UCLA DE could be working his way up to the late first round to a 3-4 team.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes he does...I think he's the only potential "franchise" quarterback from this class and he's worth the high investment a team may put in him.
Wow. I see nothing close to a "franchise" QB. Maybe if it was 1985. This guy doesn't have great size, or arm, or movement skills. He has small hands and he isn't a play maker. The only thing I do like about him is his quick release. Cousins went in the 4th round last year and that's who I would compare him to talent wise, although cousins is much more mobile.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Wow. I see nothing close to a "franchise" QB. Maybe if it was 1985. This guy doesn't have great size, or arm, or movement skills. He has small hands and he isn't a play maker. The only thing I do like about him is his quick release. Cousins went in the 4th round last year and that's who I would compare him to talent wise, although cousins is much more mobile.
Wilson can move in the pocket and that's what matters most. I was a huge fan of Kirk Cousins as well and viewed him as first round caliber too.

Wilson needs to work on being able to challenge vertically and I see more a slight adjustment to his mechanics/footwork to make that happen than anything that may limit him physically.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-26-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Default Kevin Reddick

Reportedly, Dennis Allen loves him. Where does he get drafted? I am thinking he is ours if he falls all the way to the 4th. Thoughts?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Ansah didn't play himself into the top 15. He needs to play with JPP next year.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wilson can move in the pocket and that's what matters most. I was a huge fan of Kirk Cousins as well and viewed him as first round caliber too.

Wilson needs to work on being able to challenge vertically and I see more a slight adjustment to his mechanics to make that happen than anything that may limit him physically.
He doesn't have the size and strength of a Manning or Brady as a pure pocket passer. I don't think he drives the ball down the field.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The de from Georgia is having a hell of a game too.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
He doesn't have the size and strength of a Manning or Brady as a pure pocket passer. I don't think he drives the ball down the field.
Tyler Wilson may not have Glennon size but he's plenty big for the position. Does Wilson have a huge arm? No he doesn't but he can make all the throws thru the intermediate level and the deep ball is a work in progress; like I stated before I think the deep ball struggles come from footwork issues that need to be ironed out over not having the arm to be able to make the throws.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Default I'm noticing Glennon.....

is patting the ball before he throws it with a slight hitch. Lane Johnson's feet are incredible!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hopefully Ansah didn't play himself into the top 15. He needs to play with JPP next year.
He was probably already in the top 15. Now he's just confirming that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
good to know how far the Seahawks will have to trade up for him. thanks.
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tyler Wilson may not have Glennon size but he's plenty big for the position. Does Wilson have a huge arm? No he doesn't but he can make all the throws thru the intermediate level and the deep ball is a work in progress; like I stated before I think the deep ball struggles come from footwork issues that need to be ironed out over not having the arm to be able to make the throws.
All that says solid second rounder IMO. If he goes in the first, it has everything to do with need and lack of talent at the position.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
good to know how far the Seahawks will have to trade up for him. thanks.
Keep your filthy hands off him! Your defense is good enough! Go draft a WR or TE.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Keep your filthy hands off him! Your defense is good enough! Go draft a WR or TE.
with all the Superbowls you guys have won i would have thought you'd be a little more charitable.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Kaseem Greene for you all. The guy is unblockable. A not so poor man's Luke Kuechly.