Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick mock:

1. S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
3. DE/OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
4. RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan State
5. DT Kwame Geathers, Georgia
6. QB Zac Dysert, Miami (Ohio)
7. WR Rodney Smith, Florida State
7. CB Josh Johnson, Purdue

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors coming out that the Steelers could make a run at Steven Jackson. If it's a one or two year deal worth not that much, I'd be OK with that.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Saltydawg
Rookie

Saltydawg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rumors coming out that the Steelers could make a run at Steven Jackson. If it's a one or two year deal worth not that much, I'd be OK with that.
Id be schocked if it happens unless its really REALLY on the cheap and involves is closer to a one year deal than a 3 yr deal. Im certain SJAX will be lookin for a multi year deal as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've wanted sjax in a steeler jersey ever since he was draft eligible

dont care about his mileage / wear/tare/ age/ contract - eff it... we need this type of personality on the team

the dude would be great for us - both in the locker room and on the field

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, a bit off topic, but im 95% sure im going to the nfl draft this year...

anyone ever go before? can give me any pointers?

i know tickets used to be first come first serve - wait in line, etc.

looking for any and all info

Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
also, a bit off topic, but im 95% sure im going to the nfl draft this year...

anyone ever go before? can give me any pointers?

i know tickets used to be first come first serve - wait in line, etc.

looking for any and all info
That's awesome, I'm looking into going to the draft, but who knows. I've only heard that you wait in line, like you said.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i read that last year you could start standing in line from 10pm weds night for tickets for thursday

assuming its the same this year ill probably leave early from work on weds, meet up with my friends then head up since i live in MD and traffic + everythign will probably take several hours extra

Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where? I would love every second of this. Steven Jackson is still a very good running back capable of carrying the load. Especially on a team where he wouldn't be the only player with talent.

Getting Steven Jackson and getting this line to develop and gel would work wonders for the offense. Sign Steven Jackson, draft the best defender available, and either find an option at WR or cave and resign Wallace. Hopefully another offseason in the Haley offense helps, and hopefully the defense figures out its issues. I really don't think we're going to see any kind of massive turnover, more likely an offseason of stability and hoping the units turn out better. Biggest cut I'm expecting is Hampton.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydawg View Post
Id be schocked if it happens unless its really REALLY on the cheap and involves is closer to a one year deal than a 3 yr deal. Im certain SJAX will be lookin for a multi year deal as well.
We've seen some veteran running backs not get the deals the want lately, even productive ones. Jackson is certainly a higher quality back, but teams might still be scared of signing a back at age 30 with lots of carries the way we've seen teams stray away from every down backs and the way we've seen running backs just crumble after years of production once they hit an age.

I don't think Jackson is done, but I also don't think he's in position to negotiate himself a great mulit year deal. And he is scheduled to make 7 million in St Louis this year so if he's going to opt out he and his agent must think they can get something done.

Not really going to be an issue though. This really isn't something I can see the Steelers doing.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-26-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't cut Hampton. He's a FA.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut james harrison
Old 01-26-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Mock

1st - Best WR ... I would go with Justin Hopkins or De'andre Hopkins
2nd - FS - Bacarri Rambo
3rd - OLB - Sio Moore
4th - SS Jonathan Cyprein or Duke Williams
5th - TE - Michael Williams
6th - C/OG - Matt Stankiewitch
7th - CB - Nigel Malone

I know no RB ... But I think that's an over rated position ... with good Oline play can make a RB look great ...
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can't cut Hampton. He's a FA.
Excellent news. I really miss the days when I could keep up with everything Steelers.

We saw a decent amount from McClendon this season. More than from Hampton in limited time. Hampton seemed to have one play a game that he dominated the line and killed the back in the backfield, but that was all you were going to get.

Ta'amu is still around but we didn't see anything from him to give me faith that he can handle the amount of snaps he'd have to take if we don't add another body. Tomlin has seemed to love rotating bodies on the DL, im sure they will want another capable body to take snaps at NT, and we'll see just how much faith they have in Ta'amu to do it by how they draft. Very likely there will be capable players at NT available at 17 and onward.

This draft is going to be interesting. Team could go any number of different directions, and there should be plenty of talented players at every position to choose from. We'll get to see the direction Tomlin and company plans on taking this team. I would get the best defender available. Need to keep adding young talent to that side of the ball to replace the aging players that were going to lose over the next couple years.

I don't think Harrison will get cut. But he's definitely on the decline. And I would love to see a young safety added since they're both over 30 and seemed to alternate time off anyway.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-27-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm not sure the team drafts a NT at all. We have three relatively young NTs to groom.

I see the only positions the Steelers DON'T draft in the first round is QB and RB. Anything else is fair game IMO. Well, I'd say TE and OL are long shots as well.

I just made a NFL mock and gave the Steelers Dion Jordan. I don't think he fits well in our system, but I think Tomlin will fall in love with his potential.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Unless there is an impact guy at 17, I kind of hope the Steelers trade down and acquire more picks to get more depth.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sure the team drafts a NT at all. We have three relatively young NTs to groom.

I see the only positions the Steelers DON'T draft in the first round is QB and RB. Anything else is fair game IMO. Well, I'd say TE and OL are long shots as well.

I just made a NFL mock and gave the Steelers Dion Jordan. I don't think he fits well in our system, but I think Tomlin will fall in love with his potential.
QB and TE are the only spots I wouldn't draft. I'd draft a RB if there was one, but there's not. OL is an option but I doubt they go that way again. They have plenty of young bodies that still need to get a look before investing more picks that early.

Best defender available. I've never though of Dion Jordan as a guy that fits our system, but he certainly, has a lot of ability.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quick Mock:

1) Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
2) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
3) Mike Gillislee RB Florida
4) Jonathan Cyprien S Florida Atlantic
5) Michael Williams TE Alabama
6) Michael Mauti LB Penn State
7a) Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
7b) William Campbell DL Michigan
Old 01-27-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Quick Mock:

1) Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
2) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
3) Mike Gillislee RB Florida
4) Jonathan Cyprien S Florida Atlantic
5) Michael Williams TE Alabama
6) Michael Mauti LB Penn State
7a) Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
7b) William Campbell DL Michigan
I like it. While Jordan doesn't appeal as much as guys like Jones, Mingo, and co. as pass-rushers, I do think he can be a very complete player, and with our OLB friendly scheme, he could be good.

Hunter and Gillislee are guys I like, I prefer Lacy and Bell at RB, but have no real issue with Gillislee.

And on an unrelated note, I think there's a chance we get a bunch of compensatory picks next year. We resign a couple of our guys, and not sign any other FA.

Wallace - 3rd
Foote - 5th/6th
Foster - 5th
Hampton - 4th/5th
Mendenhall - 5th
Starks - 5th

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hampton. Is 7 to udfa
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i agree that i want an impact player at 17.. i think our window is still open for another title run

pretty much no linemen is what that means i guess

i dont love any of the wr's

i like the TE's this year but probably not a need in the first

Safety's wouldnt contribute this year

leaves me wanting:

eddie lacy
ziggy ansah
dion jordan
alec ogletree
jon banks

Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

eh actually idk if im sold on jordan - really tall / injury problems... not a great fit potentially

Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Ziggy wouldn't contribute this year.

Banks now thats a guy I want to see.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

you dont think ziggy could come in a rush the passer - ala aldon smith/bruce irvin?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
you dont think ziggy could come in a rush the passer - ala aldon smith/bruce irvin?
rookies rarely contribute for our defense. Only rare cases like Troy, and Ziggy is very raw
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
rookies rarely contribute for our defense. Only rare cases like Troy, and Ziggy is very raw
yeah i know what you mean.. but actually if you look at our past players - a lot have seen decent PT in their rookie years.

ziggy/cam/curtis brown all got decent PT in their rookie years

not really enough to be a game changer but they weren't relied on and weren't expected to be