Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
This is a really interesting QB class. Any number of these guys really could be first rounders based entirely on the position they play. Geno Smith may have made the right decision not showing up and letting the rest shoot themselves in the foot. Mike Glennon was the best during practice but showed the same pocket problems that he shown in other tape. Nassib also showed an impressive practices on Monday and Tuesday but had problems on Wednesday and game day. While Manuel was unremarkable during practice blew up during the game and became MVP. Just a crazy year at this position.
Indeed. Geno certainly made the right call. He distanced himself from the pack without even throwing the ball. Glennon had a few ugly moments. That severe underthrow with no pressure might have been the worst. Nassib and Dysert looked like they didn't belong on the roster. Wilson showed a remarkable ability to check-down on every throw with a sexy 8/11 for 39 yards stat-line.

Manuel looked really good though and that touch pass to Williams was a beauty. TJ McDonald shouldn't be getting torched by TEs though.

I do not envy scouts having to pick through these really flawed prospects to find the QB worth spending a very high price for.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when people had Landry Jones penciled in as a first round pick?

There's no way he's actually as bad as he looked today, is there?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
So am I the only one miffed to see Ansah struggle in pratice only to absolutely beast during the game?
Drills at Senior Bowl are just that...drills. They always favor players who have the best technique and know how to win the drills themselves so they don't always reflect the best actual football players. It's why we see a guy like rian Robiskie look like an all-star in Sr. Bowl practice but can't get open to save his life in the pros. We all know Ziggy's pass rush technique needs a lot of work but some guys are just gamers.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Alford made some really impressive plays in man coverage and looked very good making plays on the ball. I was impressed. Johnathan Cyprien also looked nice flying to the ball on running plays.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Hmm....sounds like you have some hate for Smith. Smith doesn't have to compete with these stiffs. His hype man was right.
I do - overrated system QB getting hyped up due to inflated numbers - can't maintain his composure on the sidelines when things don't go his way.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did everyone like Mike Gillasse from Florida ? I would love san fran to pick him but ourr RB department is set IMO.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I do - overrated system QB getting hyped up due to inflated numbers - can't maintain his composure on the sidelines when things don't go his way.
And STILL better than the QBs you saw today. At least he doesn't give up on plays on third down in an effort to get off the field ASAP.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which RB had the best week?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How did everyone like Mike Gillasse from Florida ? I would love san fran to pick him but ourr RB department is set IMO.
Yes! I feel the same way about Gillislee. He's going to be good.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Take:

- EJ Manuel, has tremendous upside. He shows flashes, but I think in the right system under the right tutelage of coaches, he can succeed as a very good starter. He possesses tremendous athletic ability, can move around in the pocket. He's similar to Kaepernick coming out, IMO. Very Atheltic, strong arm, good feel for the pocket. But could use a year, maybe 2 watching with a clip board. What Really impressed me with Manuel was his eyes. He kept his eyes down field, and went through his reads well. That touch pass was beautiful.

-Ziggy Ansuh just a beast. He was difficult to contain and made the opponents backfield his 2nd home. With a rare blend of size, strength, and speed to go along with his athleticism, he's going to be a stud in the NFL. He earned himself a top 15 selection. Rumor had it, Detroit was very interested in him. Could go higher.

- Marquise Goodwin might have found himself moving up in the 3rd round range. Very quick, ran some good routes, and has good hands. Can cause problems for defenders in the open field as he can make defenders miss.

- OT Eric Fisher is a stud. Top 10 pick.

-Kawan Short is a beast on the inside. He was extremely disruptive and quick.

- TJ McDonald is overrated.

- Desmond Trufant is an all round CB. Physical CB who can play man, zone, and he can tackle. Like his swagger as well.

- Jordan Poyer is going to be a playmaker in the NFL. Just has a knack for causing TOs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel reminds me of a smaller (odd since he's pretty huge himself) Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper put on weight pretty quickly in the NFL, but he was an underrated runner with a big arm. He was helped a lot by playing with 2 HOF WRs. Manuel won't have that luxury, but I think he'd really look good on a team like Pittsburgh. He can sit behind Ben for a couple years, while getting starts here and there when Ben misses time. That offense is well suited for him as they throw a lot of quick stuff to get the ball to their playmakers and also playaction to set up the deep throw, which he also does well.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel was the #1 pro style QB recruit back in 2008 to come to Florida State. I like his poise, mechanics, physical tools, and athleticism similar to a Colin Kaepernick more than Dante Cullpepper, Josh Freeman, and Jason Campbell, the 3 QBs I've seen him most compared too.

By no means does this make him the next Kaepernick nor is he definately ready to start day 1. But I think their is some upside that a team can get a hold of.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How you know this QB class sucks: People are talking themselves into EJ Manuel
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I like Manuel more than I ever liked Ponder and he ended up in the top half of the first round! I did think that the pick was crazy and I'm not saying Manuel is a first round pick but I wouldn't be surprised.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Manuel was the #1 pro style QB recruit back in 2008 to come to Florida State. I like his poise, mechanics, physical tools, and athleticism similar to a Colin Kaepernick more than Dante Cullpepper, Josh Freeman, and Jason Campbell, the 3 QBs I've seen him most compared too.

By no means does this make him the next Kaepernick nor is he definately ready to start day 1. But I think their is some upside that a team can get a hold of.
EJ Manuel does not have athleticism similar to Colin Kaepernick.

He's nearly a physical clone of Jason Campbell when he came out of Auburn. Build, arm strength, mobility, intangibles, sterling rep off the field.

My problem with Manuel is that all of his pieces don't go together to make a dominant QB, or at least they didn't on the college level.
It's never good when a QB like Manuel who plays with the offensive skill position talent annually put on the field by FSU disappears during games.

It has nothing to do with EJ's intelligence since he's generally a smart guy, I just don't get the sense he has a great natural feel for the position.

EJ Manuel's ceiling IMO in the NFL is adequate, unspectacular starter, never a dominant, pro bowl caliber player in the pros.

I don't know how you could compare him to Kaepernick other than height.
CK was a guy who was rumored to have 4.3-4.4 speed at Nevada with a bomb arm and the run skills of a WR. That's not EJ, or anyone for that matter.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling Lane Johnson is gonna shoot up draft boards after the combine. He has incredible feet. I just hope he doesn't boost his stock into the top 15. It's very possible.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have a feeling Lane Johnson is gonna shoot up draft boards after the combine. He has incredible feet. I just hope he doesn't boost his stock into the top 15. It's very possible.
Right on.
Lane Johnson is so fluid and quick footed you almost think you're watching a 250# TE blocking someone instead of a 300+# OT.

After the combine, I think it's a wrap for Lane. He could be in the mix in the top 10.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
EJ Manuel does not have athleticism similar to Colin Kaepernick.

He's nearly a physical clone of Jason Campbell when he came out of Auburn. Build, arm strength, mobility, intangibles, sterling rep off the field.

My problem with Manuel is that all of his pieces don't go together to make a dominant QB, or at least they didn't on the college level.
It's never good when a QB like Manuel who plays with the offensive skill position talent annually put on the field by FSU disappears during games.

It has nothing to do with EJ's intelligence since he's generally a smart guy, I just don't get the sense he has a great natural feel for the position.

EJ Manuel's ceiling IMO in the NFL is adequate, unspectacular starter, never a dominant, pro bowl caliber player in the pros.

I don't know how you could compare him to Kaepernick other than height.
CK was a guy who was rumored to have 4.3-4.4 speed at Nevada with a bomb arm and the run skills of a WR. That's not EJ, or anyone for that matter.
I'm not real sure what tapes you seen but Manuel can fly! He will run no worse than the 4.5 range at the combine.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You could have a situation in the top 11 where the Chiefs, Eagles, Cards and Chargers are all looking for tackles. Johnson would figure to land somewhere toward the end of that list.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joeckel top 4. Fisher top 7. Johnson top 11.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
I'm not real sure what tapes you seen but Manuel can fly! He will run no worse than the 4.5 range at the combine.
EJ Manuel will run a 4.66-4.7 at the combine. He has good mobility and speed for the position, but he's not elite.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Quote:
EJ Manuel will run a 4.66-4.7 at the combine. He has good mobility and speed for the position, but he's not elite.
You willing to put $10 on that? I say under 4.60. Pay via paypal?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
You willing to put $10 on that? I say under 4.60. Pay via paypal?

I don't bet on games. Why would I bet to see what a player runs at the combine??
I'm confident enough that Manuel doesn't have those kinds of wheels. We'll see in a few months.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Joeckel top 4. Fisher top 7. Johnson top 11.
It's sure stacking up that way isn't it. San Diego might think they can trade down some and still get Johnson but they'd probably have to think highly of Fluker as plan B or they could be left standing at the altar.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
If i'm going to guess i'd say high 4.5s, Manuel is a good athlete but he's more Daunte Culpepper or even Jake Locker. Jake is fast but his speed doesn't translate to an advantage on the field like say a Russell Wilson, at least not yet.