Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lofton seems like a good 3-4 mlb too. Will smith and vilma were probably already gone. Now it's certain.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs hired Al Harris (yes him) as assistant db coach
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Harris <3

Hope he does well!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Holder said we officially contacted Romeo. :sploogegif:
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suspended former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has already met with the Tennessee Titans and is on the verge of becoming the Titans' assistant head coach, according to league sources.

Before Williams can finalize a contract with the Titans, however, he first must be reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- a move that could come as early as this week.
Interesting.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregg Williams has deep roots with the Titans staff. Not only did he coach here with Munch under Fisher, but when he left for the Buffalo HC job, he took current Titans DC Jerry Gray with him to be his DC there (Gray was the DB Coach in Tennessee at the time). So they have a lot of experience working together, and obviously Williams and Gray have a lot of respect for one another. I'm excited to see how Gray as the DC and Williams as the Asst. HC tag team the defensive side of the ball.

So yeah, I'm all for this despite the history. Akeem Ayers and Zach Brown in an aggressive scheme will be exciting to watch.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are all the DC opening filled now? Any team still looking for a DC?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Are all the DC opening filled now? Any team still looking for a DC?
Saints, and Eagles still need Defensive coordinators if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Saints, and Eagles still need Defensive coordinators if I'm not mistaken.
Are you guys going to promote from within or go outside to get a 3-4 DC? I am guessing you guys are waiting for one of the SB teams to finish to interview some of their 34 guys. Otherwise there is not much left in terms of 34 DCs.

Eagles are interesting. Not sure if they are changing to a 34 or keeping it 43. Spags is available if they go that route. Lovie is there too, if they want more experience.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see it posted in here yet, but Juan Castillo has joined the Ravens staff. Only a consultant for now but will be the run game coordinator for next season. He turned down other offers to come here (probably from Reid).

I like the addition. He is a good coach for the OL
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Juan is a hell of a coach. Very good hire.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Are you guys going to promote from within or go outside to get a 3-4 DC? I am guessing you guys are waiting for one of the SB teams to finish to interview some of their 34 guys. Otherwise there is not much left in terms of 34 DCs.

Eagles are interesting. Not sure if they are changing to a 34 or keeping it 43. Spags is available if they go that route. Lovie is there too, if they want more experience.
I don't think there is anyone on the Defensive side of the ball to promote from within, in order to effectively make the switch to the 3-4 we need someone who has experience Coaching that system. I don't think that's either Vitt, or Bill Johnson. The logical thought is that we are waiting on the Super Bowl in order to interview one of the 49ers assistants.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Juan is a hell of a coach. Very good hire.
Yeah he's definitely Juan hell of a coach.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip has been at the senior bowl all weekend and telling certain players they would be a great fit in their 3-4 so I would assume they are making the switch.

Early list was Todd Grantham and Kirby Smart, but haven't heard much on them recently. Grantham was said to be Chip's choice and they thought he'd take the job if offered so who knows there.

Sports reporter in Philly reported a couple days ago the the DB coach in SF, Donatell was the guy and that it had been agreed upon, just couldnt announce it officially till after the super bowl, but he came out the other day and said that it wasn't true and that the Eagles weren't pursuing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Saints are looking to promote someone from within since they don't have anyone on staff capable of coordinating the switch over to a 3-4. Also, I don't see anyone on the staffs of the Ravens or 49ers that the Saints would be interested in bringing on as the new DC. If you want a breakdown of what I think of Ed Donatell or the 49ers DL coach, who have been rumored as candidates, then head over to the Saints thread.

I think Payton wanted to concentrate on evaluating players at the Senior Bowl and then discuss potential 3-4 coordinators with Loomis and other key personnel in New Orleans before contacting anyone.

The two guys I think are in the forefront are Eric Mangini and Dom Capers. Although Payton didn't specifically say this, I think he's wanting to run a 2 gap 3-4 and will target a coordinate that runs that scheme rather than a 1 gap.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The two guys I think are in the forefront are Eric Mangini and Dom Capers. Although Payton didn't specifically say this, I think he's wanting to run a 2 gap 3-4 and will target a coordinate that runs that scheme rather than a 1 gap.
Is Capers' contract up?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Is Capers' contract up?
No, but I guess there's a possibility that he's fired. I doubt it though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Is Capers' contract up?
I thought I read somewhere that it was but now I can't find anything on the length of it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

If Capers is out there, hes going to Philly. I just decided...

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah so apparently the Rams hired Rob Ryan...and then they had an extensive talk about defensive philosophy and have decided against it...

"The #Rams will conitnue the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position"

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Yeah so apparently the Rams hired Rob Ryan...and then they had an extensive talk about defensive philosophy and have decided against it...

"The #Rams will conitnue the interview process with the club's other candidates for the defensive coordinator position"
How many times is he going to be hired and yet not hired by you guys?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
How many times is he going to be hired and yet not hired by you guys?
This seems like the final deal. haha

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take him in new orleans
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post

Extensive talk:

"So Rob, what kind of defense you gonna run?"

"3-4"

"Hmmmm. Maybe we shouldn't have hired you."

Like seriously. This is why minorities are pissed about job opportunities. They hired the dude without even asking him in depth questions about his philosophy, which was basically a 10 minute conversation.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Extensive talk:

"So Rob, what kind of defense you gonna run?"

"3-4"

"Hmmmm. Maybe we shouldn't have hired you."

Like seriously. This is why minorities are pissed about job opportunities. They hired the dude without even asking him in depth questions about his philosophy, which was basically a 10 minute conversation.
He ran more 4-3 with the Raiders than he did 3-4, and he grew up around a 46 philosophy. I'm started to think this was less an argument about 34 or 43 and more an argument about the continued implementation of Fisher's "wide 9" (or at least the incarnation is has taken with the Rams so far).