Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeydown View Post
Assuming we redo the contracts of Romo, Ware, Witten and Austin

Cut:
Doug Free, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, Gerald Sensabaugh, Dan Connor

Resign:
Ernie Sims, JP Ladouceur, Phil Costa, Victor Butler

Free Agents:
S Jairus Byrd- instead of resigning Anthony Spencer we use the money on the ball hawking Byrd.
DT Glenn Dorsey- Losing Ratliff, Spears and Brent will leave us thin and DT. Dorsey has been playing in the 3-4 which diminished his value and he should come relatively cheap

Draft: (Im not gonna guess any trades)
1st- DE Ezekiel Ansah. 6'5 270lbs BYU
Ansah has loads of potential and is drawing some comparisons to JPP.
2nd- C Barret Jones. 6'4 305lbs Alabama
Jones is a tad overrated but is still smart and can play OG if needed.
3rd- OG Alvin Bailey. 6'5 315lbs Arkansas
Mauler that paved the way for the Arkansas run game.
4th- DT Kwame Geathers. 6'5 350lbs Georgia
More depth and a stout run stuffer.
5th- RB Rex Burkhead. 5'11 210lbs Nebraska
Bring the Plano kid home. He can run and catch and is a perfect backup to Murray
6th- CB Tyrann Mathieu. 5'9 178lbs LSU
If he's still available at this point I take the chance.
7th- OT Manase Foketi. 6'5 330lbs. West Texas A&M
Massive OT that has potential.
Rookie FA- QB Alex Carder

Roster:
QB- Romo, Orton, Carder
RB- Murray, Burkhead, Dunbar
FB- Vickers
TE- Witten, Hannah, Philips
WR- Bryant, Austin, Harris, Beasley, Coale
OT- Smith, Parnell, Foketi
OG- Livings, Bailey, Bernadeu, Kowalski
C- Jones, Costa

DE- Ware, Ansah, Crawford, Butler
DT- Hatcher, Dorsey, Lissemore, Geathers, Price
LB- Carter, Lee, Albright, Sims, Wilber, McSurdy
CB- Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Mathieu, Moore
S- Church, Byrd, Johnson

SP- Bailey, Jones, Ladouceur
Dorsey? Is he still alive and in the NFL?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
He's done well in KC in the 3-4, not a game changer or top 5 pick impact but he's played really solid. The fit lessens his impact though, if he hits the market he should at least be slightly affordable. He should have never been in the 3-4 to begin with, and we probably have to start looking at decent DT's in FA at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Yep and to be honest will probably make quite a few suitors this offseason. He is nowhere near as huge of a bust as some make him out to be. He was graded out something like +12.0 versus the run but fails to generate a ton of pressure in the 3-4. Put him at NT in the 4-3 and he will be phenomenal. If you honestly drafted Dorsey to play in the 3-4 then yes he's a bust but he was drafted to anchor a 4-3 line and his skillset matches that.

I mean last season Dorsey was ranked #2 in total run stops and #6 in run stop percentage. Granted he has been atrocious at pass rushing but I attribute that to playing 2-gap DE when he should be playing inside in the 4-3.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yep and to be honest will probably make quite a few suitors this offseason. He is nowhere near as huge of a bust as some make him out to be. He was graded out something like +12.0 versus the run but fails to generate a ton of pressure in the 3-4. Put him at NT in the 4-3 and he will be phenomenal. If you honestly drafted Dorsey to play in the 3-4 then yes he's a bust but he was drafted to anchor a 4-3 line and his skillset matches that.

I mean last season Dorsey was ranked #2 in total run stops and #6 in run stop percentage. Granted he has been atrocious at pass rushing but I attribute that to playing 2-gap DE when he should be playing inside in the 4-3.
sounds like a good option too me, especially with ratliff pretty much done here, he and hatcher could be 2 good options that the 3 tech

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 01-24-2013 at 01:23 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So I've bought this Demarcus Ware jersey 6 years ago and I have still not been able to get Ware to sign it during Pro Bowl week. I got REAAAAAAALLY close 3 years ago... there were 3-5 people bunched up in front of me (not even Cowboys fans) who didn't want to let me through to the front of the gate where he was signing. I'm not one to be pushy and I don't like being one of those shouters begging for autographs... but anyways... I'm going to try to get his autograph today at a practice. Think this is the year??? :)
****! No luck. When I got there the NFC practice already ended and the players were gone!!! I hate bad announcements. They said AFC would go first and NFC would go second... they switched it up! DAMNIT!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SUPER helpful for scouting and projecting prospects under Kiffin's new 4-3. The images are taken straight from the 1998 Tampa playbook and CotySaxman of BloggingtheBoys did a nice job breaking it down.

In my honest opinion this is a must-read :D

Key note when examining the images:
Quote:
First, it isn’t my decision – these are taken directly from the Tampa Bay Buc’s 1998 playbook.

Second, Kiffin defines “strong” and “weak” by passing threat, not running threat.
“Determining Strength: 1. Any two back formation, strength will be called to the 2 receiver side.”
Strong and weak are not universal, and this is part of how Kiffin defines it. There are 8 rules in total, and I’ll post them at a later date.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...er-stem-fronts
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Dooley had been hired at the WR coach, history with Garrett in Miami. No word on what that means for Jimmy Robinson.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Derek Dooley had been hired at the WR coach, history with Garrett in Miami. No word on what that means for Jimmy Robinson.
Dooley will take over in Dallas for Jimmy Robinson, who was not seen with the rest of the Cowboys staff this week while it evaluated players at the Senior Bowl.

Archer also reported he could be kept in a consultant role.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not sound discouraged by the performance of his expensive free agent guards, Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau, last year.

Both spent part of the year slowed by injuries. Livings had a hamstring in training camp, and Bernadeau came into the offseason needing hip surgery and later a knee clean-out.

“I’m looking forward to them having the full offseason, hopefully, without having to be compromised by injury, and then of course, full training camp,” Jones said at the Senior Bowl. “As the season went along and they got clear of some of the injury aspects to them, they played at a level that met my expectations. They did.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
“As the season went along and they got clear of some of the injury aspects to them, they played at a level that met my expectations. They did.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy
Seriously....If we go into the season with the same set of interior lineman I give up hope for this team for good.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
****! No luck. When I got there the NFC practice already ended and the players were gone!!! I hate bad announcements. They said AFC would go first and NFC would go second... they switched it up! DAMNIT!
How close do you live to where they practice? That's pretty cool to have that chance. I'd probably try and take a day off, and just sit around there as long as I could to get a jersey signed lol. I used to try and do that back before the old practice field got destroyed in Valley Ranch. I lived not even 2 minutes away so I would walk over all the time after work and would see a ton of the guys in the area, but never gotten any autographs either.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

As far as Derek Dooley coming in, it's a solid hire if we keep Jimmy Robinson. Dooley has a nice track record, but if given the choice Jimmy Robinson seemed to be the better coach. He did wonders in GB, and enough can't be said for the progression of Dez here along with the growth of Dwayne Harris.

Only way I'd say I was happy with the move, is if Robinson stays within the organization as rumored, and we'll have to see what that is. But I'm not willing to act like it's a big deal because honestly position coaches get shuffled around all the time, it's not like I expect Dez to go back to being inconsistent all of a sudden. Personally, and this is just me, I think position coaches are the most important when teaching either young and developing players, or a new scheme/offense/defense.

Defensive coaches are much more important. We had an excellent WR coach before in Ray Sherman a lot of people(including me) that didn't want to see him go, you can easily replace a WR coach as long as you have some talent to work with. Sherman has been in STL in the same position and you saw a very nice rookie season from Givens, given his history with TO, Dez and guys of that stature don't be surprised if Brian Quick doesn't have a breakout year.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Thoughts?

Quote:
Jerry Jones is sure taking care of a lot of Jon Gruden’s work for him as he assembles a coaching staff in Dallas now built around coach Jason Garrett.

Whispers have been that Jones wants to hire Gruden out of ESPN’s broadcast booth and bring him to Dallas. There is certainly circumstantial evidence in place right now that would lead you to wonder long and hard about the possibility.

Monte Kiffin has been hired as defensive coordinator and he has brought with him Rod Marinelli to run the defensive line after Jones ordered Rob Ryan be fired. Bill Callahan has been giving play calling duties that have been stripped from Garrett, who was also forced to fire his brother John, the tight ends coach.

The Cowboys are now reported to be pursuing Rich Bisaccia to coach special teams. He’s at Auburn and also worked for Gruden previously in Tampa. If the Cowboys are successful in landing Bisaccia, they will have a good portion of the old band Gruden worked with back together. They will also have the most talented quarterback Gruden has worked with -- Tony Romo -- since an aging Rich Gannon.

What’s the next logical step? Well, it’s Gruden, of course. Maybe Jones is trying to force Garrett out the door? Who knows? That was the word on the street in Mobile, Ala., in the coaching community. Stay tuned.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...uden-hire.html

I won't lie, this thought crossed my mind and I said "well at least if Gruden wants to come here we have some guys he is familiar with" but I never thought we would be trying to purposely do it. If that was the case JG would have just been fired this year and we could start the process already, why put it off a year? I mean, if we are honest with ourselves and JG is canned how is this job not extremely attractive to Gruden?

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I work in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and have some actual info on some of this stuff right now. So here is what I know.

I can tell you that I knew Henry Melton in High School. He is a good guy, but he had some troubled friends in high school. They did get him in a little trouble back then. I am worried that if he came back here they would get him in more trouble. He is easily influenced. For the right price, of course I would sign him. But after the last couple of years, I think he will be very expensive. Here me now-if he moves back here there is potential for problems.

I have recently seen Felix Jones in some seedy places at weird hours of the night. I was probably his biggest supporter when he was drafted, and have defended him when many were bashing him. I think I would be done with him.

Now this is strictly just an opinion, but I think Glenn Dorsey would be a great signing. In college he was an absolute beast. He has done nothing in the pros, but I don't think it is his fault. I think he will be fairly cheap, and I would sign him in a heart beat.

As for Garrett not calling plays next year, I am so excited! While I think our OL is terrible, I also think we were out coached many times this year. And I am not talking about before the game. I mean during the game. I just can not stand him.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How close do you live to where they practice? That's pretty cool to have that chance. I'd probably try and take a day off, and just sit around there as long as I could to get a jersey signed lol. I used to try and do that back before the old practice field got destroyed in Valley Ranch. I lived not even 2 minutes away so I would walk over all the time after work and would see a ton of the guys in the area, but never gotten any autographs either.
I went to the practice at the stadium yesterday. Again, no luck with any Cowboys. Got Drew Brees to sign my son's football though. Ware wasn't out there. I think he didn't make the trip because of his injury. Saw Spencer and Witten, but neither were signing anywhere close to where we were sitting. Got a picture with the Cowboys mascot Rowdy. LOL.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
So I work in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and have some actual info on some of this stuff right now. So here is what I know.

I can tell you that I knew Henry Melton in High School. He is a good guy, but he had some troubled friends in high school. They did get him in a little trouble back then. I am worried that if he came back here they would get him in more trouble. He is easily influenced. For the right price, of course I would sign him. But after the last couple of years, I think he will be very expensive. Here me now-if he moves back here there is potential for problems.

I don't think we have any reason to worry about it. Melton is gonna get paid, big time. The fit itself would be perfect, but if we can't afford Spencer we certainly can't afford him because he'll get more then Spencer will.

Quote:
I have recently seen Felix Jones in some seedy places at weird hours of the night. I was probably his biggest supporter when he was drafted, and have defended him when many were bashing him. I think I would be done with him.

Sometimes I'll see this with certain players living around here. Sometimes it'll be some of our own, sometimes guys from here. Aqib Talib is from here and comes back every summer and that guy typically goes to the worst places, at all hours of the night, and just reeks of a guy who is gonna get in trouble when he signs a big deal. Sucks that the Felix roller coaster went downhill so fast, he had so much potential and looked so good early on. A bunch is durability, but I think he stopped caring somewhere along the line. He lost explosion and agility he came into the league with, but if he can find the right fit(maybe the Lions) he should still be a contributor. Glad he's gone, but he'll find a role with a team.

Quote:
Now this is strictly just an opinion, but I think Glenn Dorsey would be a great signing. In college he was an absolute beast. He has done nothing in the pros, but I don't think it is his fault. I think he will be fairly cheap, and I would sign him in a heart beat.

As for Garrett not calling plays next year, I am so excited! While I think our OL is terrible, I also think we were out coached many times this year. And I am not talking about before the game. I mean during the game. I just can not stand him.
Glen Dorsey would be amazing. His price tag would be something we could make happen, and he'd probably love going back to a 4-3 to be a penetrator. Him & Patrick Chung are probably at the top of my list, and I'm also eyeing Ed Reed and Richard Seymour. I'd love one of those guys for a 1 year deal, and the cost won't be bad at all.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

That's an interesting twist to Melton. I don't think we'll have enough money to be in the race for him. Even Dorsey could be a tough get.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
As far as Derek Dooley coming in, it's a solid hire if we keep Jimmy Robinson. Dooley has a nice track record, but if given the choice Jimmy Robinson seemed to be the better coach. He did wonders in GB, and enough can't be said for the progression of Dez here along with the growth of Dwayne Harris.

Only way I'd say I was happy with the move, is if Robinson stays within the organization as rumored, and we'll have to see what that is. But I'm not willing to act like it's a big deal because honestly position coaches get shuffled around all the time, it's not like I expect Dez to go back to being inconsistent all of a sudden. Personally, and this is just me, I think position coaches are the most important when teaching either young and developing players, or a new scheme/offense/defense.

Defensive coaches are much more important. We had an excellent WR coach before in Ray Sherman a lot of people(including me) that didn't want to see him go, you can easily replace a WR coach as long as you have some talent to work with. Sherman has been in STL in the same position and you saw a very nice rookie season from Givens, given his history with TO, Dez and guys of that stature don't be surprised if Brian Quick doesn't have a breakout year.
Looks like Dooley is a done deal. I think Garrett initially wanted Hue Jackson for the WR job, but Cincy didn't give permission to talk to him. Dooley is an interesting hire. He did groom a bunch of nice WR prospects at Tennessee. I wonder if any of them find their way in Dallas on draft day. ...or even Bray for that matter.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aww man that sucks. Hopefully the 7th time is a charm. Maybe you'll catch him when you're here in Texas. He seems like a nice guy, so I'm sure when you eventually get him to sign that jersey he'll take pics or something to give your kids a cool story.
Quote:

Seedy hours of the night....Now I know what you do, sir. You're a pimp! I am going to picture you posting with a cane and pimp suit talking about how Felix done messed up again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like Dooley is a done deal. I think Garrett initially wanted Hue Jackson for the WR job, but Cincy didn't give permission to talk to him. Dooley is an interesting hire. He did groom a bunch of nice WR prospects at Tennessee. I wonder if any of them find their way in Dallas on draft day. ...or even Bray for that matter.
Patterson is a monster and is a perfect fit as an outside WR in JG scheme, he has the size the highpoint / box out defenders especially on deep balls down the sideline. Has some wiggle for a long wr, possesses the ability to shake out of arm tackles and will create YAC much like Dez can.

Justin Hunter reminds me of Roy Williams, big frame and can make a tough catch in traffic but has lapses in concentration and will drop catchable balls. Does not have the speed he had before the injury and some times has difficulty seperating. Profiles as a strong #2 imo but a lot of teams value his ability to win matchups in the redzone.

Problem is both guys profile as 1st to early 2nd round picks so it would be interesting to see if they would pull the trigger with so many holes elsewhere.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 01-27-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

LMFAO. Rob is not going to be hired in STL after all. Not too many more landing spots available. Perhaps he'll be coaching with his brother?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
LMFAO. Rob is not going to be hired in STL after all. Not too many more landing spots available. Perhaps he'll be coaching with his brother?
I don't know why he deserves to be laughed at. *shrugs*
Old 01-29-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well he reacted to his firing like he was one of the best defensive coordinators in the league

seems the rest of the league doesn't think so
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mainly the FU he gave to Dallas for firing him. I liked him as a personality but him being openly arrogant regarding his abilities as a DC and expecting to be the #1 defensive coach on the market were laughable.

Even if we stayed with the 3-4 I would of rather brought in Horton as opposed to keeping Ryan.

The mean reason I poke fun is this :)

Quote:
Rob Ryan

"I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes!"
Old 01-29-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Patterson is a monster and is a perfect fit as an outside WR in JG scheme, he has the size the highpoint / box out defenders especially on deep balls down the sideline. Has some wiggle for a long wr, possesses the ability to shake out of arm tackles and will create YAC much like Dez can.

Justin Hunter reminds me of Roy Williams, big frame and can make a tough catch in traffic but has lapses in concentration and will drop catchable balls. Does not have the speed he had before the injury and some times has difficulty seperating. Profiles as a strong #2 imo but a lot of teams value his ability to win matchups in the redzone.

Problem is both guys profile as 1st to early 2nd round picks so it would be interesting to see if they would pull the trigger with so many holes elsewhere.
i really like patterson i would compare him to torrey smith but much more elusive, i think he has more than a little wiggle though, i haven't seen to many recievers who have the ability to make hard cuts against the grain while going full speed (around 4.38) which really impressive. kiper has him going to miami at 12

i think hunter compares more toward aj green than roy williams (tall, long, tiny hips), he'll get his speed back acl is 2 year injury for 99.9% of most athletes, i think he'll go somewhere around where stephen hill and alshon jeffery went, middle of the second. i would definitely take him in the second round. i believe we have a need at reciever, especially lookin at the last game, defenses don't blitz teams with weapons. nobody blitzes brady or rogers, conversely look at rivers the last two years no jackson, no sproles or lt, and gates isnt what he used to be